Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Default HOLLAND AMERICA 'EURODAM'

Has anyone sailed on this new ship yet? If so, how did you find it?
Am thinking of booking 2 cruises in Carribbean for Xmas period. Can anyone recommend decks for cabins or decks to avoid due to noise in cabin? 8)
Old March 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Have not sailed on the Eurodam, but the deck plans are available on the HAL website. That gives you the opportunity to pick your own cabin. If noise is an important factor to you, don't pick the deck immediately below the Lido deck, pick something relatively amidships not toward the rear where sometimes you can pick up noise and vibrations from the engine spaces. And pick something away from any large, whited out space on the chart. Any of these can contain machinery, crew space, kitchens or other noise producing activity.

For example cabin VE 5079 on Verandah deck would be a quiet cabin, as would any of its neighboring cabins, or the corresponding cabins on the port (left) side. Or cabins similarly situated on the decks above and below any of those cabins. That gives yo about 60 to choose from right there.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise...nboard/Eurodam

Bon voyage

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo
Default Re: HOLLAND AMERICA 'EURODAM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bed7ford
Am thinking of booking 2 cruises in Carribbean for Xmas period. Can anyone recommend decks for cabins or decks to avoid due to noise in cabin? 8)
This ship is still under constuction in Italy
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Indy
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty OTS
C.Breeze 2013
C.Conquest
Serenade OTS TA
C.Sunshine 2014
Indy
Vision OTS
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Admiral

We'll be on the Eurodam in January. The cabin we picked is #5119 on the Verandah deck.
Cindy
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Its coming out this summer!!
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HOLLAND AMERICA 'EURODAM'

Nobody has sailed her just yet. Go for middle of the ship, away from service closets. Check the deck plans. Far foward or aft is where the funky noises typically are, although the service closets can get noisy too if significant motion, say when skirting a storm and the stabalizers are in.

Quote:
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Default Holland America EURODAM

RichStacey and Divemaster... I need your help. I booked with the help of my cruise agent, cabin I 6066 Upper Verandah deck. I'm told it's a larger inside cabin with nothing next to it. Can you verify that for me because if there is machinery or a noisy situation next door I'd like to know now. I'm booked back-to-back in December from 13-27th.
Up to now my cruise agent (who's done 98 cruises) has given good advice but as Eurodam is new, she isnt familiar with it. Help!
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:10 PM
First Mate

Here is a link to the plan for that deck. Your cabin has service areas or empty space on each side. I wouldn't choose it if it were me not knowing what was next door but there is so much white space on the plan, I can't see it all being true service areas with equipment and staff.

http://book.hollandamerica.com/fleet...k=uv&year=next

Old March 19th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Holland America EURODAM

Best I can do is take a look when aboard as I take in the ship and ask the occupants. Not much to tell from the white space.

Quote:
RichStacey and Divemaster... I need your help. I booked with the help of my cruise agent, cabin I 6066 Upper Verandah deck. I'm told it's a larger inside cabin with nothing next to it. Can you verify that for me because if there is machinery or a noisy situation next door I'd like to know now. I'm booked back-to-back in December from 13-27th.
Up to now my cruise agent (who's done 98 cruises) has given good advice but as Eurodam is new, she isnt familiar with it. Help!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Default Insurance

Does anyone know of Trip Cancellation insurance "for any reason" where one is 100% covered. AIG offer 50% but I'm wondering if there is any company out there offering 100%