Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default WEDNESDAY

and goodmorning from cold but (still) sunny Amsterdam. The forecast is wind, rain, hail, snow, take your pic. Never a dull season in Holland in the spring :lol:

I have been under the weather for a week, had a stomach flu and felt rotten.
Been to Limburg for the weekend, which was nice.
Worked monday and yesterday morning, then I gave up and went home to get some decent sleep. I was in bed by 14.00, woke up at 19.00, talked to DH for an hour, then back to bed till the alarmclock this morning.
Now I am back at work, but don't know if I stay here all day.

I have to catch up reading, CYA!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Jackie and all CruiseMates to follow. Sorry you have been sick but glad you are getting better. I have been up early reading my various boards. Work day for me as usual. It is supposed to be in the 80's today. Nice day to be out and about here in Florida.
Making plans to do some sightseeing in the area on my day off. I have been here since last June and have not seen a lot of the things to see in the area. Whatever we end up doing I am sure it will be fun. I posted in the boards for suggestions and got some realy good suggestions. thanks to all that responded.
Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 19th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Captain

Good morning CruiseMates from a very wet southern Ohio. We had rain all day yesterday and more is predicted for today. Flooding is the word of the day for the area. I live on a hill so it will have to get really high to get me but it is already getting bad in some areas. I heard one guy say last night he was starting to build him an ark just in case! Spring is coming so they say just when is the big question. Everyone have a good day.

Old March 19th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. It's going to be a warm and windy spring day shaking more pollen from the oak trees and covering everything in a yellow green film.....and lots of sneezing.
Daughters boyfriend is in town for a class this week so he came by last night and we subjected him to Dancing with the Stars. I think Priscilla has had more work done than Wayne Newton.....scary!
Happy Wednesday,
Angela Z.
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM
First Mate

Good morning CM's

From a wet and damp Toronto, well at least it's not snow.

Quiet day at the office, which is a nice break.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a damp Harrisburg Pa.

Not much planned for today.

Jacki, Get well soon

Kuki, Thinking and praying for your parents. Hope things are better for them, soon.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A rainy, warmish day here today.....I want 80 ish and humid, NOW!

Today I am going to meet my boss and we are going on a buying spree to a local jacket manufacturer, to buy some jackets. One for the store, 2 for me:) Then we are off to lunch at this asst/independent living community, that looks like a 5 star hotel, to talk about having another fashion/ rolling trunk show.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 19th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We are getting a mixed bag at the moment - a mix of snow and rain. The temps are right at 31, so I imagine the roads are a bit tricky. I should get to work - but really trying to decide whetehr it would be better to work from home today, but being Easter week, so much to do....and I need to go have a lot of blood work done.

The doctor thinks I need to gain at least 17 pounds. I just smiled and nodded. I need to gain some, but that seems extreme.

Finished my Altered Book class. It was so fun, I wish it could continue. Hopefully they will do another soon.

Trip - your day sounds fun - I should have a job in fashion. As for the gold I had read about that a day or so ago. Wish I had some spare stuff laying around.
Kuki- hoping things turn around for your family
MikeM- poor Kramer. I never knew this could happen to dogs. Wow!
Judy - We get Harbor Freight Catalogs - never knew they had acutal stores. I will not be telling my dh - lol
Angela - I saw a picture of Priscilla recently and was surprised - it wasn't a good surprise either.

Well, I need to get my act together. Hope you all have a great day,
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Jacki, I hope you feel better. Shortly on our way to Tulum. Its beautiful here and we are having a wonderful time. I have walkd and walked and walked, some thing I enjoy alot.
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

good morning from a sunny and breezy SE Florida, I think our pollen from the pines and oaks ar finally just about over with. AMEN!!
I can finally breathe again!

Angela I agree, Prisilla looks horrid now. What makes these people think they look good after having their faces stretched to the extremes? So many of them were lovely looking people and now down right scary!!!

Gotta run, hair cut for Ellis and beard trim, I wonder if he'll give me a tip for doing this? NOT!!
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal where there is @#$% falling from the sky this morning. After a night of heavy snow, it is now part snow/part freezing rain/part ice pellets, with heavy freezing rain forecast for most of the day.
Not a good day to be a pedestrian! The temp is 0C or 32F, which will make it very mushy and slushy.

Jacki, hope you are feeling better.
Mike, hope Kramer is OK now.
Trip, sounds like a busy day!
travelgalsue, flooding is the next concern around here, when all this snow starts to melt....

donna
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Once again we have just about floated away...... 4-5 inches of rain yesterday..... at least this time they are not calling for snow to follow. RD am very sorry your weather has been so very nasty the last couple of months..... and from what I hear no end in sight.

Leaving Tuesday afternoon for Dallas for my granddaughter's surgery.... not taking my laptop as I haven't stayed in this hotel before and don't know if my room has a safe and I don't want to have to tote it everywhere or lock it in the trunk. If I had a MacBook Air...... no problem. My computer geek son says do not even go LOOK at it or I will be whipping out the old charge card. It doesn't even weigh 2 lbs. I could put it in my purse and forget it wa there!
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday

Good morning from Southern California. Beautiful weather here.

Jackie, I hope you feel better soon.
Mike, I hope Kramer's okay, too.
Trip, you have a fun day planned. I get to do something like that tomorrow.
Angela, I thought Priscilla looked strange, also.
VtJen, 17 lbs? My doc would tell me to lose that much!

Gym day for Keith and I must face that pile of ironing.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny and temps heading to mid 40s F again in Calgary.

I'm waiting to hear from the hospital. My mother may be released today, but there's a glitch in that a continutation of the supply of experimental medication she's been put on has not arrived.

How the heck do you start an experiemental drug program without ensuring you have enough of the medication on hand????

Slept over at my folks place last night to be with my father. He had a short "episode" of discomfort last night, but thankfully it passed quickly.

Have to convince my mother that they need some live in care, but so far she is having no part of it.

I think Mrs. Kuki is enjoying the fact that I'm not home much though
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Morning All, from Montreal where there is @#$% falling from the sky this morning. After a night of heavy snow, it is now part snow/part freezing rain/part ice pellets, with heavy freezing rain forecast for most of the day.

donna
Dare I say that some how, a vacation in the sunshine seems more of a sucess when the weather is not good at home??? Tulum was wonderful. We all LOVE history, so its a given, I heard many say "it's just a pile of rocks", not in my eyes. It was wonderful. Coba Mayan and Tulum were the best for us, Coba because of the interactiveness and the fact we could climb a pyramid ( did you know there are whole muscle groups in your legs that you have no idea till you climb that?) and Tulum because of the beauty on the cliff and the natural surrounding beauty.