Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Thursday Rise And Shine!

Good Morning CruiseMates. It is already at 72 this morning. Looks like it will be a nice day today. Work for me today and then off Friday. Looking forward to my day off. We are planning to go out for the day and just dsee the sights around the area. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's raining it's pouring and somewhere an old man is snoring.
Angela Z.
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida <well it's still dark >

have not posted for ages, too busy. WEdding is post phoned until end of September. This will give us more time to prepare and my dad might come if the radiation treatments go well.

Middle daughter has gone the other way, very sad. Next week she is flying to her grand mother for a week and we are hoping she will start seeing her life in a different light. We have been very stressed out. She is almost 17 but acts like she is 11.

On a brighter note my husband has surprised me with a 25th wedding anniversary surprise get a way March 30th we are flying to Key West and then take a boat to go to www.littlepalmisland.com . I am very excited and hope to get some R&R in! After our stay in Little Palm Island we might explore Key West if we have time. Our flight does not leave until at night. Anyone have an idea what to do/see? WE will have a rental car since we have to drive maybe 30 min to the boat.

Easter will be busy as I have the family over for both days. Can't wait to color eggs with my grand kids!

Have a wonderful day mates!
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning to Laura, Angela, and to those who follow, from Harrisburg Pa, where the wind is blowing, but the rain seems to have stopped.

We received great news last night. Jim and his guys have done such a good job, that the big wigs are closing down today at 12:00, so we are leaving on our special weekend today, instead of tomorrow.

After some last minute planning, we are going to drive to Lancaster, Pa. for our first stop. I want to see the Amish. I know that doesn't sound right. Sort of sounds like something you would say about seeing the animals at the zoo, but I don't know how else to say it.

I'm afraid I know very little about the Amish society, but plan on reading about them this morning. For those of you who are shoppers, our motel sits in the middle of a large group of Outlet stores.

Sadly, I am not much of a shopper, and I'm not sure what a Coach store has to do with the Amish, but I will give it a try.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:20 AM
First Mate

Good morning CM's

Busy day at the office preparing for the weekends newspaper. Also I'm moving cubicles, always a chore.

Trying toget my work station in order, so I'm signing off now.

Have a great day, and weekend everyone.
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Rain is still coming down here but is supposed to stop later today.

Getting excited about my daughter flying home for Easter tomorrow. She will fly back to Tampa on Monday. We will decide on shore excursions for our upcoming cruise when she comes home.

My son is AGAIN in the process of passing a kidney stone. The bad news is, he has pain. The double good news is--it is not keeping him from his new job and THIS IS THE LAST STONE HE HAS.

Laura---have a great day
Sue---sorry about your middle daughter. have fun coloring the eggs.
Luanne---enjoy your special weekend.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodafternoon CM! I am busy at work, sneeking in during lunchtime, hope you are all safe and sound!

CYA :lol:

Read and post cruise reviews

Old March 20th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to All, and Good Afternoon Jacqueline from Kansas!

Today is suppose to be a beautiful day, with temps reaching into the lower 70's. Can't wait even though I'm working all day!

I was off yesterday as we spent the day with dd and her family, they head back to So Dakota on Sat. - more on that story later.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where SNOW has become a 4-letter word. :evil:
Yes, it is snowing again, after rain all day yesterday. I don't know how much we are going to get, and at this point, I don't care. I just want SPRING!

One more day to get through before a 4-day weekend - yay!
LOST tonight, so I will be glued to the TV!
Have a good one.....

donna
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning where there is surely no snow in Mexico. I am sure I will see it soon enough when we go home, and with this litle break, I can deal with it ! I have enjoyed exploring here a great deal. When you oe history as much as we do, even DS ( he the most ) then you really enjoy cultures and traditions so old. It has as always been such a pleasure to have every one together. DS has also been a pleasure, and it gives me a great deal of pleasure to see him have such a good time. His feet will never forget sand soccer for sure! They have a big tournament ofit this afternoon. I love his ability to just et in there,make friends and have fun. Makes life much happier this way.
Old March 20th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Like RollerDonna- rain all day yesterday, snow today, and high winds. So much to look forward to. It is a soggy wet mess out there.

Kuki- that is odd that they would try experimental drugs if they didn't have a supply on hand.

Cheryl - sorry about your sons pain- glad it is last stone tho'.

Sue - glad you are able to get away for your 25 Anniversary.

Jackie- are you feeling better? I truly hope so.

Delft - your vacation in Sunny Mexico sounds great. I remember climbing the Aztec pryamid of the sun when I was in high school - it was very scary coming down. I never liked high places after that.

Not much new here. Will work from home today.
The nurse already called me this morning about my blood results. Thyroid levels high, potassium levels low. Dr. on vacation for a couple of weeks. She will be trying to get his opinion or a colleagues to decide how to deal with this. Well at least it explains part of why I just haven't felt right the last few weeks. Wondering if I'll ever get everything working right at one time.

Now if I could just think of something delicious for supper...

Have a good day all
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Thurday Rise and Shine

Good morning from Southern California where the sun just woke up along with me.

I am going to O.C. today to get a haircut, lunch at Cafe R&D, and probably a little shopping thrown in as well.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
First Mate

We are supposed to have a gorgeous day..... sunny and in the low 70's..... hope so as I have to take my mom to have a little outpatient procedure.... she is having a subaceous cyst removed from her breast. It is supposed to be a really quick, easy little thing, but the surgeon did say they never know for sure 'til they get in there. Here's hoping.....

Sue, you will love Little Palm..... my BFF and her DH were there in January and said they liked it even better than cruising and these are people who cruise 2 or 3 times a year!

Luanne, I don't know what a Coach outlet has to do with the Amish either, but you are welcome to buy one for me.... or two...... or three
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining again in Calgary. Forecast is for temps in the 40s F once more, though we may get a few flurries this evening.

Took my mother home from hospital yesterday, though it was quite a disorganized fiasco getting her out of there, and getting the medication supply for her to take home.

If she remains stable for a few days perhaps my father will agree to let me take him to the hospital. Though after some of the fiascos with my mother's recent stay I'm not sure if it might do more harm than good.

At the moment our health care system in this province is in a real state of dissary. Those south of the border just dying to get socialized medicine may want to watch what they wish for or the dying part may come true much too quickly.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining again in Calgary. Forecast is for temps in the 40s F once more, though we may get a few flurries this evening.

Took my mother home from hospital yesterday, though it was quite a disorganized fiasco getting her out of there, and getting the medication supply for her to take home.

If she remains stable for a few days perhaps my father will agree to let me take him to the hospital. Though after some of the fiascos with my mother's recent stay I'm not sure if it might do more harm than good.

At the moment our health care system in this province is in a real state of dissary. Those south of the border just dying to get socialized medicine may want to watch what they wish for or the dying part may come true much too quickly.
A very sad comment when one considers Alberta is the richest province in Canada, with ZERO debt, it is sad that they have cut health care spending versus improve it . I dont live in a rich province, and my province has debt, but they increased spending in the last budget this year particularily on the elderly with the goal of keeping people in their own homes. Frankly, I consider my self exceptionally lucky where I live where I have always gotten excellet care , both acute (ICU) and chronic, and in a timely manner. I owe many my life and I would not be having the times I do if it was not for their help.
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Hi CMs, I had a busy day today and just now able to sit and relax. Grocery shopping, errnads and a little shopping for new slax. We ate early, so thats out of the way. Anyway Luanne, I am sorry I missed you this morning, hope you read this before you go to Amish country, be sure and stop at one of their "restaurants" the food is excellent. Staying at a hotel in the area ask at the front desk where is the best place to eat.

Delf, Loving the pictures you sent me. Some place where Ellis and I would have liked to have visited but health wise can't do it.

Kuki, sorry all the problems, hope they finally gt straightened out and Dad will reconsider about going into the hospital. I hear you about the health plans, that is one thing that we don't need is something else to get screwed up. Going to the hospital is bad enough with everything going on in them, mistakes, infections and who is on drugs.....

Sue, I am so sorry to hear that your middle daughter is still having problems. Prayers that she will get on the right road. Enjoy the anniversary just the 3 of you and don't let anything stop it from happening.

RD, not more snow, gees, if you want to come down here I'll be happy to put you up.

Ellis just got up from his nap, so I can make noise again. See ya'll tomorrow.