Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer to cruise with or without kids onboard?
I take my kids on every cruise I go on. 4 19.05%
I only take my kids on some of the cruises I go on. 4 19.05%
I use cruises to escape from my own kids! 0 0%
I neither have kids, nor want to be around them on cruises. 7 33.33%
I don't have kids of my own, but I enjoy being around other people's kids. 2 9.52%
I wish I could find cruises on which kids were not allowed. 2 9.52%
I only go on cruises for adults only! 2 9.52%
I don't go on cruises, 'cause there are too many kids on them! 0 0%
I don't go on cruises, 'cause there aren't enough kids on them! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughanster
Default Kids or No Kids?

I was surprised by all the replies to my Holiday Poll, which made reference to kids on cruises, so I felt inspired to create this poll. 8)
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Admiral

much like Dave The Wave..when my son was small I took him on a cruise every chance I had and loved the time with him...he returned the favor by sending my in my first charter Jazz Cruise after Katrina

One of the great appeals of cruising is that it offers so many activities for multi generational families and my son was usually so busy with his activities that I would be lucky to get him to give me a few minutes at meal time but I would not have traded that for the world (plus being a single Dad, he was a great "babe magnet" ::

When you have kids you generally are more patient and understanding of other families traveling with kids, providing they train their kids how to act on a cruise..I went on a Disney cruise with a lady friend and her daughter and niece a few years ago and there were over 1000 kids onboard and I did not see one misbehave and saw alot of family interaction which made me miss my son (when he was that age)

soon I look forward to taking my 5 year old grandson on his first cruise which will be Disney since he loves the characters...it's a family tradition
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Admiral

While I think this is a good poll, I can't vote as there is no option for me.

I'm over 50 with my child grown/married/a mother with another on the way.

We have taken cruises only during the school year but that is due to the fact that this is when cruises are less expensive. Some time we would like to take our grandchild on a cruise then later the other one. See there are 17 years between the 2 grandsons.

On all cruises there have been kids and they have not bothered us at all. At times it we have seen cases of the kids behaving better than some of the adults.

I feel that if you can afford to take the kids and that they can behave for the length of time of the cruise then you should take them. Of course if you are wanting to celebrate some thing special and have someone you trust to take care of the kids while you are gone then that is okay too.
I don't feel that you should take all cruises without your kids (or all vacations for that matter). A cruise is a great time for a family to really make memories.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice

When you have kids you generally are more patient and understanding of other families traveling with kids, providing they train their kids how to act on a cruise..I went on a Disney cruise with a lady friend and her daughter and niece a few years ago and there were over 1000 kids onboard and I did not see one misbehave and saw alot of family interaction which made me miss my son (when he was that age)

soon I look forward to taking my 5 year old grandson on his first cruise which will be Disney since he loves the characters...it's a family tradition
This reminds me of my one trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. It was hot, and I'd been walking and standing around for a long time, so I asked a wench for a beer. She told me, "There is no beer in the Magic Kingdom!"

I asked her what kind of magic kingdom didn't have beer in it; how magic could it be? 8)

And I never went back!
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Always took my kids cruising and they love it. Now that they are older don't see them much on the ship.

When they were younger I did the stroller diaper changes bottle feeding on the ship.

I treasure all my cruises with my kids so many wonderful memories no matter what age they were.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050
While I think this is a good poll, I can't vote as there is no option for me.
"I don't have kids of my own, but I enjoy being around other people's kids" would be your option, since, although you have offspring, they are no longer children, but you apparently enjoy being around other people's kids.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am a mum, been one for 22 years - have a Son of 22 and adaughter of 20.
Spent nearly 17 years going to Caravan parks with the children or hiring a cottage by the sea , now its our turn - to holiday just the 2 of us, without going Mcdonalds for lunch , visiting kiddy parks, and worrying about what they will eat, and if they are entertained.

We have 2 ships in UK in the p& o fleet which are adult only, I go on Arcadia, which is only 3 years old, modern and contempoary - and child free...and I love it... no kiddies in the dining room, or in the pool, its relaxing and quiet' I've done the children bit and am happy to relax in mature company...

Have you child free ships in the US?

Sue
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default That's hard core, Cruise Queen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen

When they were younger I did the stroller diaper changes bottle feeding on the ship.
I'd rather go to Iraq and dodge mortars, rockets, and small arms fire!

Did you ever see the movie Savior, starring Dennis Quaid? That would NOT have been me, hehehe... 8)
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I bring my kids sometimes....and you should be glad Vaughnster because they are your age I think. Melody
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default You think, Melody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
I bring my kids sometimes....and you should be glad Vaughnster because they are your age I think. Melody
I take it you missed my reply to Dave the Wave, bragging about being 45 and having a 22 yr.-old girl friend, hehehe... 8)
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Yes, Sue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraLass

Have you child free ships in the US?

Sue
There's at least one; it's called the "Boob Cruise"!

I'm curious to know if there are others, since Libertad would not go on that one with me.