Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Default Theme Cruises

Well, Venice had me thinking about theme cruises. So I did a web check and found my dream theme cruise. What is your dream theme cruise? Here is mine. I have never cruised Seven Seas Voyager, but I may have to for this cruise. Check it out:

Spotlight on Chocolate

A chocolate lover's delight!

It's truffles and flourishes of chocolate when our annual chocolate cruise sets sail from Fort Lauderdale for seven nights filled with chocolate lovers' dreams. In addition to visiting some of the loveliest ports of the Caribbean, our cruise gives us plenty of time for chocolate experts to outline the history of chocolate (it has strong ties to the Caribbean), the healthful and restorative properties of the confection and, of course, plenty of chocolate demonstrations. From bean to bon-bon, chef Serge Decrauzat of Valrhona chocolate takes us a tasty tour of our favorite confection in all its guises. Whether you like your chocolate bitter or sweet, pale or dark, you'll be an expert chocolatier after we shine our Spotlight on Chocolate for the holidays.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Admiral

I'm with you katlady. Where do I book and when do we leave?

I'll take a cabin for 2 since my daughter is the ultimate chocoholic.
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I'll pass on this one, but, if a french fry cruise comes along, let me know:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 26th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Admiral

There is no french fry cruise sorry. How about a little Vino.
Spotlight on Red, White and the Blues

Raise your glasses and tap your heels!

Many wine lovers appreciate their special "oldies," beautifully aged bottles in pristine condition. On this voyage, we do have plenty of nicely aged wine, but oldies of a different sort as well when we welcome the pop band "Private Reserve" aboard Seven Seas Mariner. Private Reserve is a band started by Napa Valley winemaker Mike Martini long ago. All the players are wine makers and wine industry insiders, some of the top wine people in California, including Mike Martini and Ed Sbragia of Beringer Vineyards on guitars, wine consultant Steve Buehl on keyboards, wine industry attorney John Hawkins on bass and on drums is George Bursick, winemaker at Sonoma's J Winery. Together, the band will play two concerts of hits from the 1970s and 1980s during this scenery-filled cruise, and individually each of our wine experts will offer a tasting of their favorite wines. It's certainly an easy cruise on which to raise a glass to California's dazzling wine stars - red, white and the blues.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Default Theme Cruises

Trip, maybe we should start our own French fry theme cruise! We could expand it to include hamburgers of all styles and maybe invite a celebrity chef.

Judy
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Theme Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J
Trip, maybe we should start our own French fry theme cruise! We could expand it to include hamburgers of all styles and maybe invite a celebrity chef.

Judy
Hope he is able to be your celebrity chef.

These guys want the job as cruise director.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady
Default Re: Theme Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Well, Venice had me thinking about theme cruises. So I did a web check and found my dream theme cruise. What is your dream theme cruise? Here is mine. I have never cruised Seven Seas Voyager, but I may have to for this cruise. Check it out:

Spotlight on Chocolate

A chocolate lover's delight!

It's truffles and flourishes of chocolate when our annual chocolate cruise sets sail from Fort Lauderdale for seven nights filled with chocolate lovers' dreams. In addition to visiting some of the loveliest ports of the Caribbean, our cruise gives us plenty of time for chocolate experts to outline the history of chocolate (it has strong ties to the Caribbean), the healthful and restorative properties of the confection and, of course, plenty of chocolate demonstrations. From bean to bon-bon, chef Serge Decrauzat of Valrhona chocolate takes us a tasty tour of our favorite confection in all its guises. Whether you like your chocolate bitter or sweet, pale or dark, you'll be an expert chocolatier after we shine our Spotlight on Chocolate for the holidays.
OK, now that I have drooled all over my key board, what is the date on this cruise??? chocolate themes. Its time to bring out the elastic waist bands for sure!!
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

thanks for postingthat, but as I do love chocolate not when it comes with such a high cost!!! I thought it was a RCL cruise.
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Admiral

They are so expensive because all cabins have Balconies. Also "Regent Seven Seas cruise fares include all onboard gratuities; complimentary beverages including select wines and spirits served throughout the ship; complimentary 24-hour room service menu; complimentary in-suite dining including selections from the main dining room during dinner hours; in-suite refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer and bottled water; Butler service in Category B suites and above; in-suite bar setup in Butler suites; choice of multiple open-seating dining venues; iPodĀ® music system in all Butler suites (BoseĀ®, speakers in top three suite categories); WiFi hotspots; in-suite movie channels and DVDs; 1:1.6 crew per guest ratio - among the highest at sea; spacious, all oceanview suites and staterooms, most with balconies; space ratios from 60 to 71.5 - among the highest at sea; and self-service launderettes (excluding Paul Gauguin and Explorer II)." From the website. But I do agree with you this cruise is out of my price range.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Admiral

Hmmmmm... a chocolate cruise....sounds good to me, but my dream cruise would be a Jimmy Buffett cruise, with live performances by Jimmy himself and partying with a bunch of Parrotheads!

donna
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Admiral

go ahead and do the chocolate cruise..you only go around this world once...the only downside to a full charter theme cruise is they are at least 40% higher then the normal cruise..but it is sooooooooooooooo worth it..because you are with a ship full of like minded cruisers and you have an instant connection

I've become spoiled..going on a "normal" cruise would be very boring to me now..the only reason why I am on the BLOG2NOLA cruise is because all of you are coming and I want to meet you..Melody has promised some exotic pole dancing with a boa and Kuki is going to wear a red thong, so I doubt if there will be a boring moment on the cruise
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Hmmmmm... a chocolate cruise....sounds good to me, but my dream cruise would be a Jimmy Buffett cruise, with live performances by Jimmy himself and partying with a bunch of Parrotheads!

donna
They have that cruise. There is a waiting list for the 2008 cruise.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994