Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default SUNDAY MORNING RISE AND SHINE

Earle, where are you, have not seen you around for a week. Everything OK?

Amsterdam is still windy and wet, but it seems that after today it gets better. I look forward to meet Earl and Carole (Seatrekker) Wednesday.

Yesterday I had fun shopping with a friend, she has acryllic nails for the first time and she was a bit yikes about it in the first hour. I bought a nice curtain to hang in the stairway to keep the cold out. I bought some new duvet covers, one different colours orange (I know, it is soooooo not done, but I loved it) and one with ocean blue, turqois, green and yellow for the Caribean feeling. No clothes this time, it is all very black and brown.

Wish you all a great sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jackie and all the rest to follow. The cat has done her wake up call so we are all up around here. :-)

Now I'm listening to the mower out on the golf course, and the paper guy just threw the paper at my front door so we are officially ready to start the day.

Jake and I ate at a restaurant called III Forks last night. It has to be my most favorite steak restaurant of any I have ever been to!

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old March 30th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Harrisburg Pa, where it is a cool 30 something.

It is a rare morning for us, because Jim is still here with me. He is usually long gone to work by now, but all of the guys were given a half a day off. We hardly know what to do with the time.

Last night I found a Greek restaurant. I had the Gyros with real lamb, and guess what it came with? No not a Greek salad, or something greekesh. FRENCH FRIES!! It sure was good, and so filling. The Pita bread was fresh, and the lamb tender.

Not much planned today. Just the same old thing.

I hope all of you have a safe day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Hi every one.

A busy day with errands and the like yesterday, but not as busy as it was all week. Lots of laundry. Jacki, sounds wonderful those colors!

Today for me is a brunch for a very close friends birthday, and then also we need to try and deal with a plan for a young kid who lives in the town houses where I live. Unfortunately his mother never paid her bills, not even when she got sick, she has passed this week and he is completely alone at just 18 yrs old. The house is in the process of seizure for non payment of city taxes and condo fees etc, he has no where to go, no nothing, and I have known him since he is 3. I knew the Mum pretty well, we talked how important it was to get things in order, she just never did, even when she got sick. Kid looks so lost and alone. I have made contacts at the college , and will get the ball rolling with help today and this week.

The sun shine is beautiful today as it was yesterday. Spring is here, it is very white out, but it is here!
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Heathrow Airport in London England, where I found free internet in the 1st class lounge!
We arrived yesterday morning about this time, and we are leaving already!
It was well worth the travel though, for the wonderful family party held at a local hotel last night. Food, drinks, video presentation, live entertainment, and lots of love and laughs!

Got some sleep yesterday when we arrived, but I think I will be seriously jet-lagged by the time I get home later tonight!

Hope all is well in CM land, talk to you tomorrow!

donna
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good morning CMs, All this food talk has me hungry again after a nice breakfaast, made by Ellis, I had a belguim waffle, yummy almost as good as Celebrity!

Phyll you must send me their address. Sounds good. Steaks are our favorite! Thanks.

Luanne, For me its the sauce that really gives Gyros their zip. The best Tziki (spell?) sauce I had was in Caronado (spell)? just over the bridge in San Diego. It was an outdoor place, but always had plenty of people even in the chilly weather. We'd sit under one of the Heat Pots.

Delf, as usual you are someones angel, God bless you.(hugs)))

Jacki, I like the colrs you bought, sounds really nice.

Well doing laundry this morning, then cleaning the counter tops in the kitchen. Then maybe I can get to the Sunday papers. Wishing you all a lovely Sunday!

PS 4 weeks from today we'll be cruising again!!!
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Delfthuis, the world would be so much better if there were more people like you on it. You are such a goodhearted person. Good luck on this mission.

Old March 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Thank you Jeanne and Jacki. Those are kind words.
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Snow fall greeted our awakening in Calgary today, and a bit of a chill in the air.

I slept at my folks place last night, as Thurs. we took my father to the hospital, and they've admitted him for a few days.

It appears he may be in until at least Tues. as I think they are going to try and place a pace-maker. He's stablized again, and feeling ok, so that's the good thing.

It's certainly obvious to me that they need a full time live in in their home if they want to stay there, but so far my mother is still totally balking at the idea.

Just got my flight info from NCL. and I'm in for quite a jaunt. Calgary - Chicago - Istanbul...... for a total of 14.5 hrs flying time.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Rise and Shine

Good morning from drippy, dreary, chilly Southern California. No sun Sat. and today starts out the same way. Would like more rain, though, as we need it.

Off to the shower and then breakfast. Nice to curl up with the Sunday paper and a cuppa java on a not so nice day.

Have a good one!

Judy
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Good Morning cruisemates! Snow fall greeted our awakening in Calgary today, and a bit of a chill in the air.

I slept at my folks place last night, as Thurs. we took my father to the hospital, and they've admitted him for a few days.

It appears he may be in until at least Tues. as I think they are going to try and place a pace-maker. He's stablized again, and feeling ok, so that's the good thing.

It's certainly obvious to me that they need a full time live in in their home if they want to stay there, but so far my mother is still totally balking at the idea.

Just got my flight info from NCL. and I'm in for quite a jaunt. Calgary - Chicago - Istanbul...... for a total of 14.5 hrs flying time.

Kuki,

Your parents are forever in my prayers. I appreciate you letting us know how they are doing. I agree it sounds like they need someone to live in. I hope you are able to do something about it.

I have been on one of those long, several airport flights, and it's not much fun.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link