Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
Passenger

Default Introduction

Thanks for the warm welcome, you always seemed like a nice bunch. I will try and answer all the questions.

Why I never posted until now? I'm in school so my free time is limited and I haven't been on a cruise in a while.

Past cruises: two with Holland America, one Alaska, one Mexico. Liked Alaska way better. Had Anytime Dining for Mexico (in fact, my cruise was the first time HAL had ever tried it and it was a fiasco) it was a big contributor in my disappointment with the cruise. Prior to this, had what barely amounted to a cruise on an overnight Canadian ferry (not the one that sank; I don't think the route exists anymore).

Future cruises I'm considering: I badly want to sail to Alaska again. Due to my work and school schedules I can't be gone long, so rather than do an inexpensive long cruise, I'd like to do a luxury short cruise. I am thinking of either a Deluxe Suite on the Amsterdam or a Celebrity Suite on the Infinity, both will be sailing out of Seattle in 09. A plus for me because I can get to the port without flying.

About me: I'm 38, professionally employed, studying Accounting and it seems like I'm never going to finish. I usually travel alone, although I've tried desperately to get family and buddies to go along, they all frown on cruising, maybe I can eventually convert them. Cruising is a favorite conversation topic for me and I often encounter a lot of "not agains" and eye rolling when I bring it up. Sound familiar? I'm single and not unhappy, I will meet my match someday, maybe on a ship? When I'm not working, schooling or cruising, I'm usually working out or hiking, I try to stay in good shape.

Blazing Saddles-Never saw it, but heard it was very vulgar. I'm very much a gentleman.

I will definitely consider chat some time and a group cruise when my schedule can allow for it. You all sound great and I look forward to gettin to know ya.

Take care,
cb
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Cowboy, it is nice to "meet" you. You will never see anyone here roll their eyes when you speak of cruising -- well, maybe accompanied by a *sigh* of envy.

My DH, Don, and I were both born and raised in Houston. We now live just south of Houston, so we didn't stray too far. We love travel of all kinds and have plans to travel extensively in our RV. I retired a year ago from a college, after 26 years, and my DH will retire at the end of April, from BP.

All our cruises have been in the Caribbean, because we love the beautiful water and beaches, and it's so accessible. Most of our cruises have been out of Galveston. Often we will just ride to Galveston to watch the ships sail out, wishing we were on one of them. They are so beautiful! We usually sail with our DS, wonderful DIL, and precious grandbaby (PGB).

Our next cruise is coming up, and it is a quickie 4-day out of Galveston. I have learned to appreciate these short cruises, even though I much prefer the longer ones!

One of our "eventual" destinations is in your neck of the woods. If we can't sail together, maybe we can sit and discuss the joys of cruising, over a nice meal!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13