Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default THURSDAY MORNING

and back at work. No word from Earl and Carole. When I called the hotel at the end of yesterdaymorning they did not arrive yet. When I called the hotel last night they did check in, and went out for a bite to eat. I hope they call me today to see if we can meet saturday afternoon.
Funny thing is when I called in the morning the desk thought 2 ladies were coming instead of a couple
I laughed so hard ............ 8)

ANyway, the weather is way under par, heavy overcast and rain, maybe some sun in the afternoon. For the weekend hail and wet snow predicted. Welcome to funny Holland, where you have 4 seasons in a week ......

It seems to clear up after next week or so, I wanna see it first before I believe it. For all I know we have had rain as of April last year.

Have a nice day, check back in later, CYA!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Jackie and all CruiseMates to follow. It is a nice 67 here in Lakeland right now. It is supposed to be nice today. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning.. It is early! A hospital day for me. Then my bed and sleep it off. A busy but nice day yesterday, Ottawa was great, and cosco has way to much of my money!

Kind of nice news, DS was accepted into a program at unniversity that only accept about 10% of the applicants that apply. I am feeling mighty proud at this time. It is very competitive to get into and I am just beaming for him today.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Delft, congratulations to your son and that explains the beam of light coming from the northern sky!
Angela Z.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. Nothing planned today. My oldest daughter got a job yesterday which is very good. I was getting worried about their finances.

My dh work is iffy. I think we need a plan B. My neighbor is filing with a judge, they can no longer pay for their house. Which means our house will drop in value. I am so sick and tired of the bad economy.

In my street we will have 2 properties that will go sour. We have 6 houses on it.How is it where the other mates live?

Have a good day mates!
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default b

Good Morning Mates. Up early for me. Sllep fairly well last night. Gotta get ready to go to Berkly results tests. Need to know how we are doing life like. They tell us what to or not to eat. Then they adjust our meds if needed.

Have a good one.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It looks like the sun could be shining today, it is still quite cool at 23. I really am not sure of the weather for the day. I hope it is less windy than yesterday. As I was leaving the Church yesterday - it is very flat there and the wind blows like crazy, a huge gust came upon me and ripped half of the outgoing mail I had in my clutched in my hand. Wel I was able to grab a couple of the pieces by stepping on them...they will look so professional with my heel print on them. I located one behind the church stuck in a snow drift...the rest is God only knows where. Of course they were all the end of the month checks paying all the expenses...so what a pain in the neck. I will look around again, but I'm pretty sure the wind blew them into the woods...the snow is still way to deep and I would have to get down a steep bank. I guess I'll be cancelling checks, trying to remember which ones blew away to oblivion, contacting companies, rewriting checks...just not what I needed this week.

So after I get what I had planned on doing at work today, and redoing what I did yesterday I will then make a quick run to the grocery store and then scurry to the hospital where I will sit with my mil while my fil has surgery. He fell last August just before his yougest daughters wedding. He didn't tell anyone until after. He had broken his collar bone. Of course it did not heal properly, it got to the point where he can not use his arm at all - it also did something to his shoulder. So today surgery, then months of not being able to lift his arm, and physical therapy. This means that we will have to help the in-laws do a grea deal. I don't know how we will accomplish this as dh works so much, and we can barely keep up here, but there stuff will get done. Once ds gets home from college in June - he will take over all the responsibilities at his memere's and pepere's, it is just a long two months till he returns.

Mike - wow, three job offers. That is terrific. You can chose the one that feels the best for you.
Sue - many, many houses for sale here, we consistently have the highest unemployment rate in the state. Our local government wants to make our community into a tourist stop, so they don't encourage industry or anything that would create jobs. In turn we have a man that buys up all the beautiful old homes and apartment buildings and advertises all over the United States and tries to get as many low-income families as possible to move here. This way he gets his rents paid by subsidies, the school systems are stretched to the max because many of these children end up needing lots of extra services. They get free medical, so they also clog up the medical system here, as they go in for every scratch and sniffle. We have to provide community transportation for them, as many don't have vehicles. We have endless programs to feed them, clothe them, entertain them, help pay their fuel. In turn those of us that pay the taxes struggle, and as for our Senior population...it is just sort of sad. We have no inexpensive places to shop - Walmart - 70 miles away, Kmart 75 miles away. I'll stop now, as I could go on and on.

Sue (again) glad your oldest daughter has a new job.
Ray - hope you and Helen get only good news when you get results today
Delft - Great news for you and your son! I keep thinking of the 18 year old that has no family. Bless you for being a ray of light and hope. I am sure that you are making a wonderful difference.

Well, I must jet. Wishing you all a day of sunshine and happiness.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we are enjoying some of that sunshine Jen wished for! Although it's bright, it's still cold at -2C, but at least there's no snow in the forecast!

Off to my last work day this week, and planning how to get downtown to a hotel tomorrow for a conference/workshop. I enjoy these breaks from the kids and learning new and inspiring things.

Jacki, I hope Carole and Earl make contact!

donna
Old April 3rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone!! Looks as though we had some rain during the night, and I think today is suppose to be overcast and chance of rain but that can change in a heartbeat - I won't know what the weather is like until the sun comes up and I walk out of my office and go down the hall.

I get to work usually at 6:30 every day (it's dark) and work until 4 in the afternoon. And, since I have no windows in my office, I have to get up and walk thru our conference room and down the hall to see what it's like outside!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and receives good news regarding health, friends and family!!! Take care.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Carole called me early this morning at work, their luggage is lost and my phonenumber is in the suitcase. We meet sat. for lunch!

Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Good morning from drery, overcast Southern California. We got a few drops of the rain predicted, but the so-called storm will clear off this morning.

I slept poorly last night, so slept later this a.m. Nothing much on the agenda.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

better late than never, just got busy today and forgot to post. Oh-oh, hope it isn't signs of thing s to come. Ellis keeps kidding me, I will soon be able to hide my own Easter eggs!

Delf, that is wonderful news about Daniel. Congratulations to him and hugs to you for getting him this far in his life. You are a true inspiration!!

Nothing new, Ellis is making dinner, so I will go eat. hope you all have a good evening.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Admiral

I am going to Washungton, DC for a 4 week period starting this Sunday. Anyone in the area I might can peek in on while I am there?

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.