Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default TGIF!!

from a dark, cloudy and windy Amsterdam.
Earl and Carole are so out of luck on our weather, it will not get better till probably end next week. Tomorrow we have lunch together.

I want your prayers and good thoughts for friends from Cruisemates/TMC who live in Arkansas, I read on the neighbours board that they are pondered by Tornadoes the whole night and still going on. I hope everybody stays safe.

Tonight I meet up with an old friend of my parents, she is 70 and very much alive and kicking, she has a sense of humor that makes you laugh your pants off and I really need that. The death of my mom is still very difficult for me. She knows stories from the time my parents were young and we were just newly borns. I look forward to that, it might be an evening with a laughter and tears.

All mates under the weather, hope you get well soon.

Have a great weekend all!!

CYA!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default b

Good Morning Jacky.===Could not sleep again. Guess we worked too hard yesterday. We did a lot root pulling and cutting. Almost got the area ready for the sod. Having problems with the stump coverings tho. Gonna try to get the high hill lowered somehow. If I can't then he area will be sodded with a hump in the middle. aybe we can get the sod put down today or maybe not.

Oldest kids are coming tomorrow to work on installing and reinstalling some appliances. Got to make some adjustment to position the dishwasher further into the cavity. We will do it somehow.

We been having violent weather here earlier in the night. As long as we do not have tornadoes we will be fine.

For all thoses CMs who are under the weather we are praying for soon recoverys.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Slept in this morning, never woke up until nearly 5 this morning. Day off for me today. No special plans for the day. it is supposed to be nice so I think a trip to the pool might be in order. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 4th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Captain

Good Friday Morning

Greetings from the Heart of Dixie, where it is already 68 degrees and we are headed for the 80's again today. The bad part is all of the rain we will receive tomorrow is coming in at the wrong time. My D/W is our Director of Religious Education for our church and they have been planning a "Youth Day" for several months and one of the major events was two hours on our Prayer Trail outside, mind you. So I am interested to see how it turns out.

You all have a great day and a great weekend

Irish 8)

May brooks and trees and singing hills
Join in the chorus too,
And every gentle wind that blows
Send happiness to you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I can't believe I'm not the first one up!
I am never up this early, but I have to catch an early train downtown for a conference today. The good part is, I get to come home earlier than usual!

Looks like a pretty dull weather day here. Rain is in the forecast, and a high of only 2C, but it's supposed to hit 10C (50F) tomorrow. Let's hope!

Tonight, going to meet a friend for dinner, and the talk will be about what else - cruising!

donna
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Admiral

I will be out the door again shortly , and in the office soon after. Its nbeen a busy couple of weeks. Busier than the norm as I have been switched to a higher position after some one was asked to leave.

The proud dance for Me as a Mum continues over here and has spread to our loved ones. Imagine my little premie who was so at risk now going to unniversity. I am just proud beyond words. I am just so darn proud and love him so much!

Dogs are all well, they woke me up early for some reason today, and now they stare at me as I type this as they know once I get up they get their cookie to go to bed and so they would like me to stop typing and leave already!

The weather is bright now, the sky was so pink and pretty this morning. Rain is expected, we need it, it is filthy everywhere , we need all this snow and guck washed away.

Have a great day every one!
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. Nothing to report from this side of the world. I am meeting a friend for lunch today and tomorrow I am at the church food pantry working.

yesterday I called an old friend of mine in germany that have not spoken with in like 18 years. It was interesting to find out what all my old friends are doing. None of them are married or had kids. WEll one couple is divorced and had 2 girls.

Next week md is coming home for a few weeks and I am praying she will stay out of trouble. I guess she has a job lined up in CO whne she goes back and will start college too. WE have to go over all the financial stuff when she gets back here. We told her we will pay for it but I am hoping she will apply for a scholarship also.

Have a good day mates and a good weekend if I don't have time to post!
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good rainy morning friends. What a terrible drive into work this morning. Especially with the people who drive like the roads are dry.

My doctor's nurse called yesterday morning and left me a message to call them about the results of my biopsy. Of course I got the message after the office was closed. She stated in the message that it was of no urgency that I call them back right away, so I am assuming that everything is fine. (hope, hope) I will call them this morning.

Jacqueline---prayers are on there way
Ray---you work to hard
Donna---enjoy your time with your friend
Irish---hope the weather changes for the Prayer Trail
Jen---how you feeling?
Sue---hope things work out for your MD. how's your Dad?

Hope everyone has a great and safe day & weekend.
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Thanks for asking! He is starting radiation treatment on monday for 40 days straight. Also has to have an outdoor thing done on his eye as he has gray star? I talked to my step mother over 1 hr the other day and got all the details. He sounds to me as he forgets a lot and then at other times he seems so "bright". My next task is to get my passport done so I can go to germany as needed. I am sad but I also knew this time was coming. He is 81 now.
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Sue---thanks for the update on your dad. Prayers continue for him, you and your family.
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Kansas - again don't know what the weather is to be today, I think cloudy and then this afternoon sunny and this weekend should be in the 60's and sunny (HOPE!!)

To all those needing prayers due to illness, flooding or whatever - please know that you are all included in my prayers daily.

Take care everyone and have an wonderful and enjoyable weekend!
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Grey and dull here as well. Snow and rain in our forecast. Dh was supposed to work tonight from 8 into the early morning hours for a scheduled job switching over some sort of electrical stuff - everyone has to work - after working all day, but because of the expected rain it may be postponed until tomorrow night. We had plans to go to a concert tomorrow night, which we will have to cancel, also dh will then not be able to make it to church on Sunday. But, they would be so much fresher not having had worked all day and then all night. So I guess it is a mixed blessing.

My father-in-laws surgery kept getting postponed yesterday. It was supposed to happen at 11, then noon, finally they started at 2:30. He was in the recovery room by 6. I left then, as my husband was there and he stayed with his parents until his dad got discharged. Now the long road of rehabilitaion on that shoulder will begin. We are just thankful that it went so well.

Since I got delayed for so long at the hospital yesterday I wasn't able to keep to my schedule, so I'm already behind this morning. I am having a friend over for lunch today. She is a lovely lady who goes to our church, and is always fussing over others, so today I am making her a birthday lunch. I so have to clean my house. I got the fresh asparagus soup made last evening - to give the flavors time to "marry" before I served it. I also made a chocolate bliss cheesecake last night too. Today I will clean - set the table with my best - I already have fresh flowers on it. I need to find a pretty table cloth. I also will decorate the cheesecake, make the salads and cut out the bread I'll be toasting with a cheese spread into the shapes of butterflies (that is the them). Her gift is ready.
Wow, once you write it all down it seems like a lot to do in 4 hours. Guess I better get busy!

Jacqui - have fun tonight reminiscing with your friends mother.
Sue - hoping this will be the change your middle daughter needs
Cheyrl - I'm feeling average - jaw has same old problems and it looks like it will be late summer/early fall before they can even do the next procedure. My heart is still racing from time to time. I know I should probably call the doctor, but I just don't have the energy to deal with another medical problem. I know this sounds bad, but if it kills me it does. Perhaps I'll muster up the energy to deal with it, but I just don't have the desire at the moment.

Kuki - is your dad home yet?
Mike - have fun in DC - have you chosen your new job yet?

Wishing you a bright day - even if your skies are grey,
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM
First Mate

We had storms all night but nothing really severe in our area..... just lots of rain and high winds. I feel bad for those in our state who have had flooding for WEEKS and now it's raining again.

Granddaughter is doing well...... she is still complaining about the spinal tap, but I guess I would be too if it were me.

Taking my mom to the orthopedist for her foot in a few minutes. I don't mind driving her...... I just hate these early appts.
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Harrisburg. It is once again raining. The cold has gone all the way to the bone. Don't remind me of this, when I get back to Texas, but I miss the sunshine, and warmth.

We are ready to leave here, but can't get flights out. Hopefully it will be on Thursday, but might not be until the 15th.

Prayers to those who need it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning, late start for me so wishing you all a great day and hope you all can enjoy your weekend.
Old April 4th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Need some cruise help?
Old April 4th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. Weather in Calgary has cooled again... temps only in the 30s F today

I'm off to the hospital very shortly. My father is getting a pacemaker today.... finally.... we think.

I'm waiting to see how things progress over the weekend, before I start preparing to leave for my cruise next Friday.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............warming up here.....50's they say........

Haven't been around much.......lots of things happening here, but seems to be getting back to normal........if there is such a thing......

Kuki.......hope your dad gets his pacemaker.......will make your leaving easier I'm sure.......

Not much happening today.......

Y'all have a good Friday.........

Sharon
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default TGIF

Good morning fom sunny Southern California. Looks like we never had any bad weather.

Well, we are up but not vey frisky, either one of us. Maybe a shower will help. Maybe the gym will help Keith to wake up.

Have a good day, people.

Judy