CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's official - I have STREP! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/349906-its-official-i-have-strep.html)

rollerdonna April 13th, 2008 04:22 PM

It's official - I have STREP!

Decided to go to the clinic this morning, and after a 4 1/2 wait, finally saw a Dr. who did a strep test and sure enough, it was positive. Another 15 mins. waiting for the test results and another 15 mins. waiting for the prescription made it a 5 hour day at the clinic.

I got nothing else done that I planned to do, but at least now I can start on the medication and hopefully feel better, because right now, I certainly do not feel good! The pain is awful. :cry:

I'm not allowed to go to work until I've been on the antibiotics for 48 hrs. so now I have to find a sub.
How many more days till I get out of here and go on my cruise? :roll:

donna

Mike M April 13th, 2008 04:26 PM

Good thing you got it taken care of. Take the antibiotics, rest and then get ready for that cruise.

Take care,
Mike

Trip April 13th, 2008 04:31 PM

Smart move going now, but but what a long wait, especially when you don't feel good:(:( Bu the time you walk onboard you will be fine and dandy!

VTJen April 13th, 2008 05:02 PM

I am so glad you decided to go! Strep is miserable...but once the meds kick you should start to feel better. Now you can rest and have plenty of time to pack!

Delft April 13th, 2008 05:05 PM

The two days off is the least you can get............considering it was probably one of those little ones who gave it to you in the first place........ :cry: it's good you had a rapid test so you receive the appropriate treatment.

Donna April 13th, 2008 06:58 PM

Oh Rd,
So sorry to hear you are sick, but glad you did go to the clinic....you need to be in tip top shape soon for your next cruise. Keep us posted as to how you are feeling, get better kid.

jkmmah April 13th, 2008 07:21 PM

Donna,

Just because I don't post much doesn't mean I'm not keeping tabs on you and James and anticipating your next cruise. I'm sorry to hear you've got strep but look on the bright side~~at least it reared its head now instead of a day or two before you sail!!!

I can't wait to read your reviews once you return. Like always, they keep me in a sea-day kind of mood! And I'm even more excited now that my James and I (and the girls) have got ourselves a cruise booked, too! Reading your review will help us get in the spirit of things!

fllady April 13th, 2008 08:08 PM

OH NO!! :cry: Glad you went to the clinic and now take these few days to rest and get better. Not fun going on a cruise and being sick!
Wishing you a speedy recovery. OY! Strep throat is terrible, I've had it a couple of times. :x

CruisinK n J April 13th, 2008 08:34 PM

It's Oficial - - I Have Strep!

Like the others, I'm glad you didn't mess around and went to the clinic right away. Hope you're one hundred percent when you board the ship!

Judy

rollerdonna April 13th, 2008 09:47 PM

Delft is right, I probably got it from one of the little ones at work. I spent most of last week taking temperatures and hugging sick and feverish little ones before they were sent home. We sent alot of kids home sick last week!

Kris, nice to see you posting! Where and when is your family going on a cruise?

donna

jkmmah April 13th, 2008 09:56 PM

Hi again, Donna.

We're booked for the Valor departing June 15th. James should be home a couple weeks beforehand so this will be a perfect "Welcome Home" and anniversary celebration!

Enjoy your cruise and know that we'll be waiting on pins and needles to hear all about it when you return.

rollerdonna April 14th, 2008 12:15 AM

Ah, the Valor! Still James' favourite ship to date, we were just discussing it tonight! Wishing you a happy trip and a wonderful homecoming for your James!

donna

katlady April 14th, 2008 12:54 AM

RD I hope you start feeling good soon and have a great cruise. :D

REDWITCH 13 April 14th, 2008 08:20 AM

YIKES Donna :!: :!:

First the strep and then the water damage, or was that the other way around? Either way, you have not been having a nice time.

We have had that going around all the schools here, so I bet one of the little darlings did give it to you.

Have a speedy recovery and that cruise will be here before you know it.

Darlene

ready2gonow April 14th, 2008 09:24 AM

RD, I'm so sorry to hear this! I believe that when I had strep is the worst I have ever felt! It was so bad, all I could was sip tap water!

Please take care of yourself and get well, quickly! You have a cruise to go on!

DougR. April 14th, 2008 09:39 AM

Donna- Not to worry, I am sending a crack medical team up there to make sure you get proper treatment:

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/100/6191.jpg[/url]

rollerdonna April 14th, 2008 01:16 PM

Gee thanks Doug. That scream you just heard was me. Boy, did that hurt my throat to scream like that! :shock: LOL LOL LOL

donna

VTJen April 14th, 2008 04:57 PM

Wow, kinda reminds me of my physicians - lol

mteague April 14th, 2008 05:43 PM

RD,

Aren't ypu glad you didn't wait? Have fun on your cruise!

Feel better soon!

Melody

Cruznut2 April 14th, 2008 06:25 PM

RD, I am perscribing Fun, Sun and Plenty of Water. Feel better soon.

Laura

CruzNut April 14th, 2008 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear you're sick Donna, but you have enough time to get ready to hear Bert! Get well quick and have a ball ... you have some dancing to do. Hi to James.

Jane

DougR. April 15th, 2008 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Gee thanks Doug. That scream you just heard was me. Boy, did that hurt my throat to scream like that! :shock: LOL LOL LOL

donna

Just looking out for your welfare and making sure you get to go on your cruise. rofl

nolou525 April 15th, 2008 07:32 AM

Donna---hope you're feeling better. I know how you feel about little ones passing their germs on to us. (I did family daycre for 17 years)