Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Admiral

[quote="dina"]hehehe Just a slight graze there. lol

YAY on getting your passport. It won't take long for it to get back. Might as well get it done.

Every day I come in here and check my clock. I think magically it will go by quicker. HAHAHA

Darlene - are you still packed from your last cruise?[/quote]

Dina, nope, but I bought a new suitcase! hahaha! Actually, I bought 2 pieces! I found a really cool carry-on piece, on wheels! It had my name all over it! I have pulled a lot of clothes out, trying to decide what to pack. The temps aren't going to be all that cold -- mid to hi 50's during day and low 40's at night. Not bad.

Good morning, everyone! DH is still sleeping. He has gotten into the habit of staying up really late and then sleeping in. That is O.K. I have always liked my quiet mornings.

Marty, I'm glad the TS didn't give you any grief. And good girl, for getting your passport (before the last minute!).

Bahama and Michael, y'all have been missed. Hope all is well with both of you.

We have more rain in store for us today. Had a thunderstorm come through last night -- made for good sleeping weather.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Ready,
You sure didn't hang around long after I finally got to sign in, infact most left right after you!

Martha, and rescue,
I hope the storm hasn't done any damage to your homes! I don't think Martha has dried out yet from last soak

dina,

Post some pics from your last weekend. Love looking at the classics!, among other things!
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Ready,
You sure didn't hang around long after I finally got to sign in, infact most left right after you!

Martha, and rescue,
I hope the storm hasn't done any damage to your homes! I don't think Martha has dried out yet from last soak

dina,

Post some pics from your last weekend. Love looking at the classics!, among other things!
I'm sorry, James. Don seems to ALWAYS wants to TALK when I'm trying to visit on-line.

What are you up to today? This rainy weather has me feeling my aches and pains, and somewhat on the lazy side today.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Admiral

JAMES we didn't even get a rain drop from TS Fay. we needed some rain but all we got was MUGGY MUGGY weather. I think the worst of the storm was to the south and east of us.

Just got back from the clerk's office; my passport has been officially applied for; she even said that "normal" processing time is back to 3-4 weeks. so I didn't pay for expedited; figure it will get here in plenty of time.

woot & woohooo: I am very very very excited about this cruise; first, and most obvisous, is because Ms. Dina will be going and the second is I have never been on that itenieary, never been on that ship and I have never sailed for that long. going to be very interesting; won't feel like old hat.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Ready,
Same here, rain and more rain in the forecast. Not much going on since the rain chased me inside, I thought I was going to melt being so sweet,don't you know! ROFL

Martha,
Hope you get a little rain, but not so much that it floods you out. Perhap's you could get the gentlemen who destroyed your office to do some outside work and bring on a deluge!

Walter,
Where hidest thou?
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Admiral

I've been on the Southern Caribbean itinerary but it was island intensive. I think this will be much more relaxing. And I will have Marty and Erik with me to enjoy it. Seriously you lose track of time after a while.

James - A few for you. I took 97 pictures so I can't post them all. There were some beauties on the road last Saturday.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Dina, I bet you can find some trouble, if you look really, really hard! If not, I bet you can find some volunteers here!

I really need to figure out a better way to deal with my pictures! I can't find my software that came with my Nikon Coolpix, to load onto my computer. Because of that I take my SD memory to Wally World and download all my pics onto a CD. Well, yesterday, the only machine working was Kodak. There is something on my computer that doesn't like the Kodak program, so I'm only able to view the pics. Haven't been able to figure out how to transfer them to my hard drive or to the CM website. So very, VERY frustrating! Why can't one of you guys, who are smarter than me, come fix this for me! Aaaaaarrrgh! I will continue to try and remedy the problem!
get one of these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820162018
I have one and love it

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Hey gang!!!

I know, I know I have been back a few days and haven't posted. Read some posts but haven't had a moment to sit and type.

Glad to see your son is ok BJ!

Got back Sunday midnight after what seemed the longest 2 1/2 hr flight I have ever taken and been fairly busy since. Picked up my Jet Favre jersey while in LI, went to a great wedding (story coming soon) ohh and packing to fly back to LI last Fri... well this needs to be told.

I came home for 3 days to do some work and had to fly back to LI for the wedding on fri. Typically I have my small carryon and I check a bag but this trip I needed to bring a suitbag with me also. I thought I would have to pay $20 extra for the bag which annoyed me. Well I decided to use my regular small suitcase as my carryon and check the suitbag. My wife asked me to bring back some dress shoes from home that she could wear to the wedding. No big deal right? Well I have all my clothes packed in what is going to be my carryon and now I throw my shoes and 2 pair of high heel shoes in it. As I am closing it up I stop and think for a second. I am like " wait, this is my carryon, what if, when scanning it, they see something in it that they want to check out" all I could imagine was being at security with 200 othr people and some guy opening my bag in the middle of the security area and seeing all mens clothes and then 2 pair of high heels! . Ok so now there is no way I am not checking this bag. Luckily I went to the SW air web site and they allow 2 checked bags! problem solved.

While at the wedding my aunts BF aparently became ill. I was sitting having a good time and she comes over to me and asks me to follow her. I asked whats wrong and she said Tony is passing out. I go downstairs and talk to him. He is pale as a ghost, sweating and has no palpable pulse but is awake. He explained what events occurred leading up to this point and I told him what had happened to him, that he should sit there for about 30min and he will feel better. Basically he had a sudden drop in blood pressure which usually resolves itself. So I sit there with him and naturally all kinds of people come down to see whats going on out of concern. I kept explaining he would be fine but my aunt is a little frantic. She finally remembers that a doctor is at the party and she is going to get him. I said ok what kind of doctor she says he is a retired dental surgeon I said "a what???" She left and I looked at tony like "don't worry, the dental surgeon is on his way" He comes down and pretty much knocks me out of the way, asks tony all kinds of questions and tells him he needs to go to the hospital . So now I say hold on. I explain to the dental surgeon medically what happened and I could tell by looking at him that he didn't know what I was talking about. So now I am back in charge. I sit there continuosly checking for his pulse to come back indicating resolve of the problem and some other lady comes racing in. She says" OMG I just heard tony is having a problem, can I help, I am a chiropracter".She walks in now and starts asking questions. Then she turns to me and says " ok I guess he's in good hands but if you need me I will be upstairs". So in the end Tony felt better and went back to the party, before doing so I did tell him to see his MD tommorrow (who wound up telling him the same thing I did) and I also mentioned that since he felt better he can go back up to the wedding and get his teeth fixed and get himself an adjustment! I know they meant well but it was to comical to me.

Anyhow that was the goofy stuff that happened to me... oh wait, I forgot the plane ride home from westchester airport last monday. This is a good one. I was flying solo and get on the plane in my usual isle seat. A pretty full plane but unbelievably no one was seated in the 2 other seats in my row. Behind me is a mother with 2 small children. I am sitting there messing with my ipod when a man walks by and starts talking to this woman. apparantly he wanted an isle seat and judging from the story one of the kids was supposed to be in the mothers lap having only purchased 2 seats. This @whole actually insisted the mother move. I actually saw the woman standing there in the aisle with this guy taking her seat and the 2 kids next to him. He sat down and refused to budge, god knows why he was acting like this. The lady was in near tears and I thought the FA standing there would help. SHe actuall ytells the woman the man is right! So now I am annoyed. I could have easily offered the guy my seat and I take the window. instead I offered the lady my row and would take her seat in back. Well it worked out for everyone except the guy. instead of sitting next to the window i sat in the middle seat right next to him. He asked if I would move over next to the window. I said I hate flying the window seat. I sat there for 2 1/2 hours blastin my ipod head phones, took up the armrest sitting there spread wide reading my book and every time he looked like he was getting comfortable I would get up and push past him to get to the bathroom. I must have gotten up 20 times. he was so ticked off but he deserved it.

So there it is!
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:28 PM
Admiral

WOW! Everyone must have been busy today. I know I was.

Old August 21st, 2008, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Joe - You are priceless. I swear you get into the most interesting situations I've ever run into. HAHAHA I'm laughing so hard now. Only you would go through such lengths to make another person pay for being inconsiderate. I applaud you.

I can't believe she went and asked a dentist to check medical. HAHAHA While your right there. Hello!!!

Old August 21st, 2008, 05:47 PM
Admiral

She was going out of her mind, she was just trying to help. It struck me funny the 2 people who came to his aid.
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Rescue- LOVED the ending to your story. That's the kinda stuff I do!!!

Everyone must be busy all this week. Very quiet lately. Today is the last day of the wonderful 4 day work week. Now it is back to M-F 8-4.

Oldest DD still has mono and her follow up labs showed she has not made much improvement and will have to miss the first 3 weeks of her high school year. This will be her first time in high school also.

Well off to school orientation on the Junior high/middle school side!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old August 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Joe, all I can say is you're my hero!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Evening!

hmmm...

ready... so i was on drugs that would explain a lot, except one thing. if your going to go out of your way to drug me, why not take advantage!!!

dina... what makes you thing that i did not see the person that i was talking to?? soooo no photos from inside the cars??? like the back seat maybe???

noid... multiple personality disorder?? i refuse to take medical advice from a computer person!!! keep talking like that and i will have guys in white coats following me around!!

James with all the playing in the water that you do, i would almost think that you live on a coast, or England. i guess as long as the house stays dry, then all is good

rescue... good to have you back. too bad you could not find a way to trip the FA!!! if he had a problem with his seat he should have dealt with it before boarding. she had as much right to that seat as he did since he was assigned a seat someplace else... and the only person who could have known the seat was not paid for was the FA :evil:

hope everyone had a good day
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Walter, listening to the story he had goes that he changed his seat at the gate to this isle seat. The lady only had 2 seats booked and was carrying one child figuring a seat would be open. The guy was very insistant and refused to budge from the chair. The lady was near tears. I was so annoyed cause when everyone is stuck on a plane together you have to work things out, we are all in the same boat. He sat next to the 2 kids probably hoping I would give up my seat to the three of them and then he could have the isle instead of me. well he got it. Actually, annoying him the whole flight kept me busy and made the flight go quick. I was paid back well for it since the next flight I took on friday had only 50 people on it, I had the whole back of the plane to myself and the stewardess who worked the back. since there were three FA's she only had to service me (and a guy who slept the whole flight. Why did the rest of the people all herd in the front of the plane???? there were like 20 or so open rows. I know I took a shower that morning so your guess is as good a mine.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Hey gang, I am back. The warden has been home so I have been busier than normal. More school work going on also. The 19th was a special day. I grew a year older but I don't feel it this time. Didn't do anything but go to lunch with my sister, brother in law and my DW. No cake, gifts, or xes. A good day actually!

She is gone now so I can find a little more time here.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Admiral

An early good morning, Mates!

And a special belated Happy Birthday, Michael! Glad to hear that you had a good day and wishing you many more years! Nice to have you posting again!

Went to dinner last night with DS, DIL, and her parents. On the way home we stopped at Starbucks and DH orderd a Venti Caramel Marchiatto. This was around 9:00 pm or so. He doesn't normally drink much caffiene, so he came to bed at 3:00 or so. About 4:30 his tossing finally woke me up. I finally gave up and just got up! It's o.k. though. I'll go back to bed when I get tired.

Noid, enjoy your last Friday off. I'm sorry to hear that your DD hasn't made much improvement. That is tough to miss that much school, right off the bat!

Now, Walter, Honey, would I be the kind of lady to take advantage of a gentleman, when is at a.......... disadvantage?

So, hey! It's Friday! For all you supporting my retirement! It's party time! Go out and do something fun!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Darlene,
that card reader is only $7.99 I think. It sounds cheap but as I said I have one and it works great.
I also use a docking station mostly to charge my batteries.
But the card reader is a quick way to use Windows explorer and copy or move anything anywhere.

Some of the reviews are not kind but I suspect most are not very careful when putting the memory card into the reader.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Michael!!!

Bobby... good to see you!!

ready... when your ready just grab your drug supply then come on over and we will find out. i always wanted to be a test dummy!! besides, who can blame me for my actions in that condition

ok we need to pick a sail date for the Oasis???
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Thanks, Bobby, I'll check it out. I just hate for everyone to know how plumb blonde I am, when it omes to computer stuff. My job didn't require much on the PC, other than straight typing.

And Walter, yep, I'm looking forward to the Oasis, too!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Hey gang:

Mehawk: (**ahem, breaking out my best singing voice **)
happy birthday to you; happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu; happy birthday dear Mehawkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk; happy birth- day to YOU.....
(now insert applause or cotton LMAO)

Darlene: less than 2 weeks and Bobby is right those card readers are awesome, now if I could just find mine, it is probably dried out by now.

Joe: good job; the guy sounds like a "dink" exchange a letter and voila.

so gang, here I had to go and complain that the storm didn't rain on us; wellll the past 36 hours have been nothing but wind and rain; seems like it is worse now than the day Fay drove by us.... I feel bad for the people on the other course that storm just sat on them and now it is stuck in the middle of the state creeping along at only 5mph; so more rain which we need. I think by the time she is done she will have made landfall on our state 5 times
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Marty, those slow moving storms dump tremendous amounts of rain! In 1979 a tropical storm came ashore and within a 24 hour period, it dropped 43" of rain in Alvin!

It looks like we may have a break in our rain, for the day. My dear DIL just called and said she wants to take the boat out! Sounds like a plan to me!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Admiral

hey ready - you are just none stop these days ha! sea green with envy; would that be envseaious.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Closed Thread