Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default WAKE UP IT IS MONDAY!!!!

back at the office, sun is out but the wind is real cold, that was a shock this morning.
Nothing much on the tap, busy at work as usual.

Check in later, CYA!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning Jacki and all CM's
You sure get here early, It's only 5:30 here in florida.
I'm getting the photos organized & started the album.
We sure have wonderful memories of Holland & Belgium.
not much else for the week,
Have a good day.
Carole 8)
Old April 21st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Captain

We good morning all

Yes it is Monday and time to return to work.

This past weekend we celebrated our parish and what a wonderful time. We celebrated with families and friend, some that had not seen each other for many years as they had traveled from great distances. We had our 1st Parish priest our most loved priest (the impish little Irishman) and out retiring Arch-Bishop all in attendance. We even had time to talk about setting up a cruise for the Parrish in 2010.

You all have a great week.

Irish 8)

May you live a long life
Full of gladness and health,
With a pocket full of gold
As the least of you wealth.
May the dreams you hold dearest,
Be those which come true,
The kindness you spread,
Keep returning to you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old April 21st, 2008, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning every one.I am starting the day early, I went to get to the garage eartly and get my snow tires taken off and put on the all seasons. Then off to work I go.

My friends husband gets admitted today to hospital, a couple of tests and then no doubt surgery for a compressed spine.The care he has been getting has been excellent, he has CP and moderately so, it seems that the years of walking odd have compressed the spine. All of a sudden he could not walk well, or feel his legs. They did an MRI of the brain as an emergency to rule out/in a tumor, that came back OK so the next spot was his spine. Its fairly serious. He was to be admitted last week but he had "things to take care of", which is code for "I am scared and need a couple of days for this to sink in", since he was a stable unstable, the doctor alloud this, as if he is to stressed, things won't go well. He got very bad very quick, but has not pogressed from there which is good.

The sun is out bright and I hung the wash late last night so it will dry nicely today.

Kept my eye on little miss Lil. Jeanne, no she isnt marking, she is just a lazy bum and a half and in fairness she cannot hold it in long because of her medical problems and also it doesnt help that she was never trained till she got to my place. She has a pretty small bladder . ( as viwed with ultra sound ) She also had chronic bladder infections that are severe from years on the puppy mill in filthy conditions.

I am thinking about Judy and hoping that infection is getting better. I wonder what the cultures will show in terms of a MRSA.

Well, better get my butt out the door. Irish, that sounds really nice and Jacki have a good day with work. Carole, Holland and Belgiumn are very nice, especially Holland if I do say so myself.

Make it a great one every one.
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!!! No Jacqueline, I will not be waking up any time soon!!!

Spring chores on the lawn and garden took up much of the weekend. Marj's girls were over for the Easter dinner that was postponed due to Marj being ill. Today is Marj's birthday and she is just as beautiful, if not more so, than the day I married her .

Everyone have a great week!!!!

Crown Princess at Dock, Tortola, BVI

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:24 AM
First Mate

Good morning CM's

What a beautiful morning here in Toronto. Birds are chirping, sun is shining. Finally.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another nice day is predicted. It is a bit cloudy this morning and quite breezy, but hopefully all the weatherman has promised will come to pass.

Today is a work-from-home day. I'm meeting two friends for a quick walk at 8 then home to tackle some paperwork, and to watch the Red Sox play early for Patriot's Day.

I believe I have picked up some sort of something - my sinuses are not happy, which seems to effect my jaw - so I guess I'll be adding lots of Advil to my system for a few days.

Alos must go get bloodwork done today.

Irish - it sounds like you had a great celebration yestereday
Jacqui - hope you have a easy week at work
Delft - I hope your friend will come thru his surgery well. He has already been thru so much. I will pray for him. I love hearing about your doggies...poor little miss - she has been thru so much too.
Doug - give Marj my Happy Birthday Wishes. I hope she has a great day
Carole - have fun reliving all your memories as you organize your photos!

Hope all the Mates have an Awesome day. Wonder what wonderful things all our cruisers are doing today?
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

It looks like it will be a nice day in the land of 10,000 yellow finches. Yes, they are all over the backyard and near the bird feeder.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day and the grass quickly greened up. I'll have to get the tractor fired up and do some thatching and lawn sweeping. I think I'll put that on today's "to do" list. We'll see how far I get.

So: Watch out Mike will be operating heavy machinery.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Monday and a great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Past few days have been, springy:) Today is a holiday here, Patriots Day. The Boston Marathon is running as well. They run right by Bruce's shop, and Wellesley, where I work is basically shut down, as they run right down the main street.

Not much on my dance card today, so..................

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 21st, 2008, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........about 30 out right now....might get up to 50.......maybe some rain or snow showers today.......ahhhh so nice to have Spring here........

It's Monday so ya know what that means........

Trip.......enjoy the 'Holiday'.............

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful, humid Texas, where in my heart, I am glowing.

Saturday is our 24th Anniversary. I was suppose to plan something special for the weekend for us. My heart just wasn't in it. It might have something to do with us spending so much time in hotels in the last few months, or it might have to do with my need to cruise.

Yesterday I told him abut a cruise this week. It is only 4 days out of Galveston, but at least it would be a cruise. We talked about it being our first without the kids, and the things we could do together. It was fun to imagine even if it wasn't a possiblility.

Jim called a few minutes ago, and said "BOOK IT" He then hung up.

So you guys, I need to plan for some Ecstasy this week. I have actually 72 hours to book, and plan and get it all together. Who needs a countdown clock!!

I hope you are all doing well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning back from having my blood taken, nothing important just checking it with new meds. Lovely day in SE Florida. Gee Luanne wish someone would call me and say book it!!

Wsihing you all a good Monday!
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default Wake Up It Is Monday

Good morning from Southern California. Bright, brisk and sunny here.

Jeanne and Sharon, no routine laundry or ironing for me today. Remember the leaky roof problem we had? Well, the painters are here and are FINALLY repainting the family room ceiling.

Delf, doctors never did do a culture of this infection, just prescribed the two antibiotics, and they took a few days to kick in. The staph is very slowly going away. I will be glad to be over these pills. I am tired of their side effects and tired of not being able to go to the manicurist and hairdresser. Keith gave me a gift certificate to a day spa, and I can't do that, either.

Yeah, Luanne, I wish somebody's call me and say, "Book it!"

HAve a good day, people.

Judy