Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2008, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Carnival Paradise Death

Last night as I was flipping through the channels I came upon a program about Carnival Paradise. It was about a woman that died mysteriously on the Paradise. I believe they said in 2005. She was cruising with her boyfriend. He had methadone with him. He was an addict using the methadone to break the addiction. He said that some of his methadone was missing and it was found in her system. He had been cleared by the authorities.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Admiral

I saw that show a while ago. The boyfriend was NOT supposed to have the methadone, he didn't have a perscription for it nolr was he in an approved program, he smuggled it onboard in a cough syrup bottle. His girlfriend took it, either by mistake or on purpose, and the next day was found dead. Methadone is not given to addicts like other perscription drugs, it has to be given in the proper dose by a medical pro in a program, or addicts can up the dose and use it to get high. You can speculate why the boyfriend smuggled it onboard, not to break his addiction is my guess.

Of course the girl's family hired an attorney and sued Carnival. They claim that the Carnival medical personnel should've saved her life, even though they weren't called by the boyfriend for a couple of hours after he couldn't wake her up the next afternoon.

I'm sorry for the family's loss, but the blame falls clearly on the BF, and not Carnival in my opinion based on the NBC story.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I have to agree, even though he was cleared. Accidental or not it was a horrible tragedy.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain