Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Default Still LOST!

I have now caught up with the 2 most recent episodes of LOST (missed one while I was away) and I am still LOST!
Last week's was a shocker, with Ben's daughter, never saw that coming, and this week's with Jacks' proposal, never saw that coming either!
I'm beginning to think we're all crazy and Hurley is the only sane one - because everyone is really dead!
My head is still spinning!

donna
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Jack has major issues!! I think Kate may have been better off with Sawyer. Maybe Hurley is the only sane one. Now we know what happened to Clare (or do we). I'm still LOST.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Will try to watch this week's episode today.

The body count is getting high! Wonder who's next!

Dean
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Another week and another few bodies, geez, it's becoming a kill-fest!
Did the occupants of "the cabin" freak you too? (I won't name names in case I spoil it for someone who hasn't seen it yet.)
And now Public Enemy #1 is no longer Ben, but his guy Kimme. Still, I don't trust Ben for a minute.
Interesting background on Locke eh?

donna
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

I really do think in the end everyone is going to rethink not trusting Ben. He will be the one that is looking out for the "good" of everyone. I know it sounds weird but I firmly believe they all should listen and trust him for some reason.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Would YOU trust those eyes?

donna
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Move the island........

According to Locke, the only way to save the island is to move it.

So how do you move an island? You can't uproot it, since it's physically attached to the Earth's crust. So if you can't move it in space, the only other way to move it is in time.

Richard looks exactly the same age every time we see him. The only way that's possible, is that he really IS the same age every time we see him. And the only way that is possible, is if he travels through time.

Einstein's Grand Unified Theory predicts that all forces in the universe are related. For example, electricity and magnetism are related. One produces the other, and vice-versa. Time should be related to electricity and magnetism also.

Magnets also are used for medicinal purposes to speed the healing process. Possibly why people seem to heal faster on the island.

The island also seems to be out of time-synch with the rest of the world. Perhaps its unusual magnetic properties cause this phenomenon.

Anyway, the story of the island itself seems finally to be coming together.

Dean
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Did you notice the helicopter, when returning to the island, just flew right over it? Perhaps the island has already moved (in time or whatever!).
Somebody messed with the coordinates.
Next week looks like it will be intense!

donna
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Admiral

We just watched the show tonight. Next weeks looks to be really good. Was that really Clare in the cabin? I am still LOST.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Claire looked a little strange, puffy and spaced out. Probably because she's dead. Besides, she's hanging out with another dead guy, and John is now seeing dead people, just like Hurley. Too weird!

donna
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Admiral

I had to hunt this thread, it's been a while since anyone posted. We just watched the season finale. What an episode. Finally found out who was in the casket and many more things. Now, where did the island go and how did Ben get off and the oceanic 6 now have to go back to the island. WOW.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:07 AM
Admiral

Just finished watching the finale, myself.

So Locke wasn't the one who moved the island through time, it was Benjamin. Ben sure seems to know a lot about this island. Including where everything is, and exactly how it all works -- as if he's done this many times before.

And what "awful" things happen on the island, after the Oceanic 6 are rescued? There really isn't anyone left on the island for anything "awful" to happen to. Just Richard and his group -- and who are they, anyway?

Given that Benjamin ended up in Tunisia, in the future, as far as time on the island goes, he must have moved the island into the future a couple of years.

I suppose now that Locke is dead, he becomes Jacob.

Too bad about Jin and Michael. But I thought the island wasn't going to let Michael die. But now he's dead. Very inconsistent........

Speaking of the dead, how about that Russian guy? Vladimir or whoever? Every time you kill him, he shows up again. I wonder what happened to him? Or did the writers just drop his character?

Anyway, a few things to ponder this summer.

Dean
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:04 AM
Admiral

The season finale was awesome! Questions were answered, but just as many new ones were asked, as is normal with LOST!

Dean, the Russian guy is Mikael (sp?) and I was wondering the same thing. I kept expecting him to pop up at any moment and kill somebody...

As for those still left on the island, well did you notice that all the people that Daniel ferried over to the freighter (with the exception of Sun , Jin and Aaron) were "unknown survivors", you know, the people you see in the background every week, hauling logs and cooking in the background, or gathering in a group. In other words, no main characters, nobody we really care about.
However, Sawyer is now there, along with Juliet ( now that could be a strange pairing...) Charlotte stayed behind "to find where I was born"; Miles, who chose to stay, and made that cryptic comment about "what do I mean, we tried so hard to get back here?";
of course we can't forget Rose and Bernard, who I believe also have some intriguing link to the island. There is a reason Rose was featured in the last episode, even if it was only to admonish Miles for eating Dharma peanuts!
As for Michael and Jin being dead, it is possible they survived the freighter explosion, found life jackets and swam to the island like Sawyer, although the island disappeared also shortly afterwards!
I think you may be right about Locke being Jacob now that he's dead.

Well, we certainly have many things to ponder for the next few months.
I heard on the LOST podcast that it won't be returning until Feb. 09, another 8 miserable months without LOST!! I am going to go crazy!!

donna