Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Default We Also made It Back, Buit Peggy's Luggage Didn't

We got up at 5 am on the ship on Saturday May 10th and left for the airport. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 1040am . but didn't leave till 12.

We arrived at Dulles at 5 pm, but our flight did not leave and did not leave and did not leave. Finally, since it was still stuck in Raleigh Durham at 9 pm, they found another plane for us. Unfortunately, the luggage carrier ran into the plane, and it was declared unfit to fly.

Therefore at 10:30 pm they sent us to the Hyatt on the airport where we could sleep? till about 5 pm . We went back to the airport at 6 am and finally departed for San Antonio at 8 am on Sunday. Peggy's luggage wasn't there, but was finally delivered at 1 am on Monday morning just as we were trying to finally sleep.

To top things off, the lady in the seat across the aisle from me on the flight back from Rome coughed the whole time. I now have her cold which is slowly wearing off, but Peggy has come down with it.

The cruise was great but the trip back did leave a bit to be desired. United did give us each a $10 dinner voucher and a $5 breakfast voucher.
It was too late to use the dinner voucher on Saturday night, but we used all of them at Starbucks on Sunday morning. It is amazing just how many chocolate chip and oatmeal raisen cookies $30 will buy.

All is well that ends well, but we may try to avoid flying on United in the future.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

OY!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Admiral

The trip back sounds horrendous.
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Paul, glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. What a way to end a cruise! It's one thing to deal with flight problems when you're rested and refreshed, but trying to deal with them when you are exhausted and suffering from jet lag must have taken an extra measure of fortitude. In any case, I'm glad to hear you are safely home luggage and all. Say hi to Peggy. We really had a great time dining with both of you and Karen and Ray.

Phyll
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Default We also Made It Back, but Peggy's Luggage Didn't

Sounds like a wearying trip, Paul. Get some sleep.

Judy
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Welcome back, Paul. I hope you and Peggy are both feeling better soon. Sure glad you luggage was able to join you!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Boy I guess I have nothing to complain about. We had good food on the plane. Arrived fourty minutes early. Had to move at the last minute to another gate in Atlanta but the flight to Cleveland good and smooth. Arrived at 9 pm. Long day but stayed over night in Cleveland and went home Sunday morning.
Again, glad everyone made it home. Enjoyed our evening dinners with Jake & Phyll, Paul & Peggy. Made the cruise fun.

Ray
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Paul,
Its later on Tuesday evening, any sign of luggage yet?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Donna, Peggy did get her luggage back, but it came at 1 am on Monday when we were trying to sleep.
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Good Paul,
Now, I hope you've both caught up on your sleep.

Message Boards Moderator