Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Default Why does there have to be Mondays?

Good Morning all!!!

We are still having unseasonable weather. I keep telling myself it will warm up soon and now can do it without crying. I have tried denial by wearing tanks and shorts to no avail.

We celebrated our two honor graduates this weekend. They proudly marched to "pomp and cirucmstance" as they picked up their diplomas. Here are the proud graduates:

Abbie and Isabelle

It was Isabelles second time in doggie kindergarten but she made it.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Admiral

I celebrate Mondays. Each Monday means one less Monday until retirement. The current countdown is 392 Mondays until I retire.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and a great week. We are in the packing mode as we leave Friday (as long as Air France doesn't go on strike).

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I celebrate Mondays. Each Monday means one less Monday until retirement. The current countdown is 392 Mondays until I retire.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and a great week. We are in the packing mode as we leave Friday (as long as Air France doesn't go on strike).
Thats a more than a year's worth of Mondays Marc! You do have a point though, thanks for a new perspective!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where our weather seems to be the same as Doug's - not warm enough for May!
Yesterday stayed sunny much of the day, but too cool for shorts, and today looks just miserable; cold, wet and windy, and more of that is forecast for the entire week! I want summer!!

Since it will be an "indoor day" I hope to get all my indoor chores done, including tackling the rest of the basement. Gonna be a long day, and I will be glad to go back to work tomorrow for a rest!

donna

(p.s. it's a holiday Monday here, so I don't mind this Monday so much!)
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sunny and cool,[60's] here. Looks like it will be the same all week.

Nikki is going to take Aiden to the movies today, so I will watch Baby Lucy. Everyone has been sick this weekend, so I should plan my week around getting sick. Bruce has the flu, and was not a happy camper. I am sure my number is up...

I watched an old movie yesterday, The Full Monty. We have On Demand, and I started to watch Body Of Evidence, with Madonna, but Desperate Housewives 2 hour finale was on my radar, and what an ending!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............where we are still hot......not by some standards but by ours.........was a great weekend.......80's & 90's back to normal today......60's..........oh well.........

Marc.....if I figured that right you've got about 7.5 years til retirement????

Y'all have a good Monday............

Sharon
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Morning from Kansas - I do believe that summer has arrived (or almost)
The weekend was beautiful - and today is going to be nice as well. In fact, the rest of the week until the holiday weekend is nice - they have put rain in the forecast for the weekend, but that could and I hope does change.

Trip - watched Desperate Housewives as well - the ending was crazy - who was that with Suzanne at the very end??? And what's going to happen with Kayla? I can't wait now - what cliffhangers!!

To all CM's wishing you a great day and a better tomorrow!! And warmer weather for those only in the 60's!!
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Admiral

As RD said , cold and rain here today but the weekend held up pretty good. Unlike RD though, I was wearing walking shorts yesterday with T shirt and we ate breakfrast sitting out side, it was for us lovely! Some though wore more than us, but I am one to shed winter clothes as fast as I can. It feels so odd to be home on a Monday and not in surgery clinic. I like it though. I have to deal with some accounts receivables that needs to be done for the office tomorrow. Doug, you made me alugh about the second go at kindergarten. My friends dog finnaly for promoted, on the promise she would not take any more classes, (private only) apparently Maggie is a "disruptive influence in class" I should also be doing some more housework in the form of taking aprt the clothes and giving away what has not been worn in two years time. If I look at it long enough I may get the courage to actually do it. Sam and I will go to dinner tonight, he is working today. They needed him to come in. Have a great day.
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A beautiful weekend in Calgary, but today it's to take a turn for the worse. Temps going from 90 F to 50s F. Rain to follow tomorrow.

Over the weekend Kuki Jr and Shira arrived home from Turkey, and it was nice to see them home, even if it was earlier than they planned.

I'm heading over to the hospital shortly to visit my father. It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride for him. Hoping he has a good day today.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Default Why Does There Have to be Mondays?

Good morning from Southern California. Still triple digit temps here.

Gym day for Keith and then another funeral to attend. I have an appt. with the eye doctor this afternoon. Pretty boring, yes?

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from warm Florida.

I had to report for jury duty this morning in West Palm Beach. Forutuantely I didn't get selected as the trial is expected to go at least 3 weeks. It's the first time I've gone through this process, and I was really impressed. If the timing wasn't so bad, I think I would have found it very interesting to sit on a trial. The case was being tried in Federal Court. I got so lost trying to find it, but finally arrived just a few seconds after I was supposed to get there. Whew! I have to call in each night for the rest of the week, but hopefully I won't have to go in again.

Now to catch up with my computer stuff.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Admiral

First monday back to work after the cruise. Co-worker cracked me up by leaving a note that said "Well the party's over. It's time to get back to work." On well at least I'm off work at 3PM today and the weather dipped down into the 90s. 8) All my animals did fine while I was on vacation. My cat Charlie was on a hungry strike but my petsitter got him to eat by breaking out the tuna.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I love Mondays!! It is the start of my time off.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain