Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning Hello

Good Morning All,

Forgot I wanted to start this post by letting you all know that we actually had a little snow yesterday!

Looks like we will be getting a bit more rain this morning.

I haven't been on in a couple of days in the morning. On Sunday I had church, then came home for a bit then took my mother to a funeral near the bottom of the state - we stayed and visited with relatives for a bit and arrived back home after 9 that evening. It was a long day - but so nice to see cousins that I have not seen in 25+years.

Yesterday was busy - morning walk - then planned what to make for the Women's Ministry meeting (lasagna roll-ups - with a bechemel sauce on the bottom and marinara on the top and a cake topped with a pudding/coolwhip mixture and fresh raspberries and blackberries).
While I was at it I decided to make a meal for my neighbor who seems to be a little down lately, so I tripled the lasagna dish, made a second cake
made a pretty salad and got a loaf of rosemary olive oil bread and had my dh bring it over when I headed to my meeting. It was the end of the year meeting when we brought our final gift for our yearlong- secret pal - the big reveal, so to speak. I had the Pastor's wife - I have had her 3 times now - and I drew her name again - I exchanged it. I draw her name almost everytime - and I exchange it everyother time - I can only come up with just so many original ideas. For her end of the year ta da gift I bought her a large bag of freeze-dried mealworms and a very pretty feeding dish to attach to the bluebird house and post I gave her for Pastor Appreciation week.

The person who had my name did not show - so no gifty for me, thankfully someone knew who had me so I can write a thank-you for the gifts I had received at other times during the year. I ended up with a girl that I do stuff for all the time, just as I do with the Pastor's wife -so I was a little disappointed, I would have liked to have someone new that I could add to my list, not have to double up on the ones I have already. Oh well, I will have to come up with ways to be sneaky. Shouldn't be too hard.

Today - walking, then work, home hopefully to get more work done, then dh has been asked to help out a man at church with some plumbing and I will go visit with his wife - she is draining so I will have to give myself a pep-talk before I head there.

Anybody see the No-Hitter by Jon Lester last night - now that was a fun thing to be watching - of course that meant I tuned in late to the Bachelorette - as I forgot to set the dvr.

Hope you all have a lovely day,
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Jen and all to follow!!! Yesterday I had the first sign that summer is nigh...the first Monday that there were a lot of cars headed back to Philadelphia at 4:30 am to go to work after a weekend at the beach.

Working in an urban area like Philly you get to see some unusual sights. This morning I noticed a guy with waist length dreadlocks wearing elaborate robes, which is not all that strange, but he was carrying a polished carved stick with a skull mounted on it.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Dover Beach, Barbados

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR.
G
Working in an urban area like Philly you get to see some unusual sights. This morning I noticed a guy with waist length dreadlocks wearing elaborate robes, which is not all that strange, but he was carrying a polished carved stick with a skull mounted on it.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Good morning from beautiful downtown Lakeland, Florida. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) actually started packing for the "Glory". I'm ready.
Doug,,,,as we used to say in the car business,,,"There's an @ss for every seat"

Ken
"SKY"
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Kansas - another beautiful day in store for us - slightly breezy on the way into work but that's ok - the sun is shining and the temps will rise to the upper 70's/low 80's.

Not much else going on here, dh is getting all the crops in the ground finally - he's about 2 weeks behind as the ground has been so wet! So I don't see him until 7 at night now since I leave early in the a.m. for work and of course arrive home before him.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Not much going on, a long list of errands. Bah humbug;)

Make it a good oen.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 20th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where summer has gone on holiday.
It was not the nicest weekend, in fact yewsterday was downright cold and very windy, along with all the rain, and much the same is forecast for the whole week. Temp is only 8C (46), and not warming up much till next weekend...

I finally got a job done that I've been trying to do since I returned from my cruise - chanegover of the closets and drawers. Yesterday, I put away all the winter stuff and took out all the summer stuff, and by the looks of the weather, I'm gonna need some of those pants and sweaters I put away!

It's off to work for a 4-day week, can't be that bad!

Jen, you are way too busy! I couldn't keep up with you!
Doug, nice pic, wish I were there!

donna
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! It is a delightful morning here in Lakeland. Lots to do today, mostly errands. I love having off 5 days in a row. Sky you and Vita have a great time on your cruise. I loved Glory she is such a lovely ship.
Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

GM mateys!!! It is going to be such a dreary day. Rain, Rain, Rain. I can't wait until later in the week when the weather gets warmer and sunny. I sure can't wait until the 90 degree temps!! The hotter the better. 8) 8) 8)

It's back to work getting all these projects done. 2 left and I hope things will be back to the normal routine!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............woke up to rain......upper 50's.......oh well.....

Not much happening.......

Y'all have a great day..............

Sharon
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from this neck of the woods. The sun was bright and warm this morning. Tomorrow is expected rain, and at this moment alot of sun seems to have faded so maybe it comes earlier. Weekend was supposed to be a total loss, but in the end at least two days were mostly nice and we spent the time out doors. Yesterday all I wanted to do was crawl into bed, it was so damp and cold. Sam had to work as they needed him to come in to do an emergency job for an air craft landing gear.

We will go and see that movie finally tonight......yesterday I got together five bags of "stuff" to give away. I am making progress. I figure I wont be wearing the leggings I wore any more in the early 90's! I hang onto things far to long. Feels good to get rid of stuff and get a little more organized. I also changed summer to winter, I have everything in the bedroom, but move the current season to the upper drawers and move the other season to the bottom! I was also shredding a whole load of papers that I no longer need, what a job, I got two blue garbage bags full of shredded items. ( recycling )

I had found a whole load of Boerenbont dishes on ebay and they came today. In near perfect condition and for 1/4 the price. Fine by me for sure. I cannot buy them easily in Canada, a store out west has them and of course in Holland. I got some pieces I dont have and also many I do have for DS as he likes the pattern alot and wants them when he moves out on his own. They remind me alot of home!
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, We are back from Birmingham, to another warm day in FLorida.

we had such a wonderful time with the grand children. They grow so quickly. Our grandson Evan, who is 4, was usuing training wheels on his bike, but he had to show us that he could ride without them, so his Daddy took off the training wheels and within less than a half hour he had mastered the balance and was zooming around without them. It was amazing! Our little Princess, Erin,who is 6, has left the princess part of her life and is now a devoted Hanna Montana fan. They grow up too fast. And then getting the news that another grand child will be bringing in the new year just was the icing on the cake for us! Thank God everyone is well and doing great. They just had a huge pool put into their backyard. It was too cold for us Floridians, but they all enjoy it!!

We were very happy travelers this time, no flight delays, in fact going and coming home everything ran like clock work!! I think this is the first time in recent memory that it went so smoothly. Good to be home and back in our own beds!
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Admiral

It's raining, it's pouring in Virginia Beach; hope the weather clears up soon! I am going out to lunch today with a friend. Coupons for restaurants are great!
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

I've been out for coffee, and then I sat by the water at the inlet for a little while. Even though I had my chair with the canopy top on it, the heat finally got to me. I'm back home now enjoying the AC. :-)

Tonight is the graduation party for my niece so I'll stop by over there for a while. It's nice to see the kids growing up, and they are all a lot of fun.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning Hello

Good morning from Southern California. No rain, no snow (!), but a hefty temperature drop: some 25 degrees. That leaves us in the 60's for the rest of the week. I won't have to worry about taking a swim suit to Santa Barbara, that's for sure.

Nothing much going on here, except a doctor's appt. for Keith and some packing today.

Have a good one, people.

Judy
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Evening is fast approaching and I hope you all have a great one.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.