Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Default Good Grief! It's Thursday Morning!!

It's been a long time since I've been up this early (6am!).
I've got to be at work extra early because today is our annual "End of the Year Dance Show" for all the parents.
Take 80 kids, 80 sets of parents and assorted relatives, add in a pot luck lunch, and you have one big ZOO!
I'll be glad when it's over!

Weather here in Montreal has cooled off considerably. It's only 11C this morning (51F) and may only make it up to 22C (71F).

Hope all my Mates have a good day!

donna
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Captain

Good Morning RD and all to follow

Yes it is Thursday and only one more work day this week and then it is Father's Day weekend. This year for the first time, our church will recognize our Dad's, it will be nice. We do honor our Moms every year as it should be they truly deserve it.

You all have a great day.

Irish 8)

May the sound of happy music,
And the lilt of Irish laughter,
fill your heart with gladness,
that stays forever after.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Good Morning and a Good Thursday at that!!

It does sound like a lot of fun RD!!!

It is supposed to be a good weather day. Nice and warm but not to humid. So will make for another good day of walking.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
First Mate

Good morning everyone.

We have some real early risers today.

RD, have a great time.

Like everyone else these days, it's still crazy in the office. I think I need a day off just to chill out.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Admiral

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

Our heat has also moderated. Next week, sailing day in New York is supposed to be partly cloudy and around 78. Sounds absolutely perfect.

We again had severe thunder boomers yesterday afternoon with no accompanying moisture. Speaking of weather, I don't know how it is in the rest of the country or up in Canada where you Donna and several other posters reside, but we have weather alerts automatically broadcast over the TV. That's a great idea. Why is it then, that no one can understand (at least around here) what the guy is saying??? He sounds as if he's doing an overseas broadcast circa 1940 with all the accompanying static. You'd think with today's technology, we'd be beyond that by now.

Ahh, the wonders of government!

Blessings on all of you who are sick or under travail for any reason and as a poster yesterday so aptly added (I forgot who it was), blessings be upon the rest of you as well.

Now I have to get ready to get out the lawn tractor (it's the one perfect excuse to get out of doing my own packing!).

Todd
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Electricty was restored after 21 hours. Lost some fridge stuff, but no big deal. Dh worked a crazy amount of hours and more in store the next few days. Many still out of power.

Not much going on here, which is good. Off to work soon. I hope to get a lot done. But who knows. Life often gets in the way of the best laid plans.

Hope everyone has a lovely day,
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning from H&H SE FLorida.

Todd, living in Florida, they have weekly tests, and either its a storm warning or a test. And as you described, it sounds like they are under water and it comes on so much louder than whatever you are watching, it scares the day lights out of me every time.

Well I feel better gettingthat off my chest, no matter how many complaints they get it still stays this way. sigh.....

Wishing you all a good thursday.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Captain

Howdy, Its gonna be a hot one, but dry for now. Hope everyone has a good day! One more day to TGIF

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The Mass, tourism bureau is beaming today..It's a beauty!
I have to stick close to home today. I hope the carpet tiles I bought will arrive today, I decided to try this concept, because of my 3 rotten dogs..I can pick it up, clean it and put it back..I found a fabulous close out site, you had to buy the entire amount they had, so I will have extra, a good thing:)

I just posted under the Princess site..I saw a 14 day Carib itin that leaves from Jamaica, with fabulous ports including a fave of mine..Caracas...If you see my name in the headlines, I have robbed a bank, or I won the lottery..so many cruises...so little time and $$!

Make it a good one.

Edited: I just called to get pricing for the above mentioned cruise..was told thisis for UK customers only..No US customers allowed to book..this is a first:(

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida Today I am going to the beach and work on my tan. Oldest daughter is supposed to meet me there. Not sure if youngest will go too as she had gotten her books in the mail yesterday and was still reading at 1am! WE had church yesterday, well it's more like a prayer/worship service and it was rather refreshing.

I have to start getting my materials ready for my Orphanage presentation but I am still waiting on some pictures from someone. Also have to stop at the fabric store to buy more fabric so I can make some more worship flags. I gave one away to go to Honduras.

Sunday on fathers day Oldest daughter invited Dad and the gang over her house for breakfast which will be nice.

Trip we need to the change our carpets due to the cats scratching. WE are debating to do tiles or wood but I am not sure. Either way it will be expensive for us What is the name of the place you got the stuff?

Have a wonderful blessed day!
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............chilly this morning.....but up to low 70's for the weekend.........so they say.........

Trip....sounds like a great cruise.......maybe I should come help ya & we could sail together?!?!?!?!?!

Y'all have a great day............

Sharon
Old June 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

After a very wet Wednesday it looks like Thursday will be sunny and warm. Nice for growing the lawn. I found out it will be $380 to fix my tractor. That's actually a lot less than I thought it would be. However I won't get it back until after we return from San Francisco on the 25th. My grass is going to be quite long by then.

I guess I'm lucky. Mr. Kramer only sheds on the carpet and the vacuum takes care of that. He probably knows he would be the former Mr. Kramer if he did anything else.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny, in the 80's, Virginia Beach where the annual Virginia Beach Boardwalk Art Show started today. I will head down to the beach, tomorrow after I do a little house cleaning. Thank G-d no rain is predicted for the duration of the art show. Hope I find a nice piece of art work!
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Balabusta,

My wife and I used to vacation almost annually in Virginia Beach in the seventies and we always stayed at the same place, the Windjammer at 19th and Ocean (I'm sure it's long gone).

At the time I was 6'4" but probably weighed around 180 pounds. We used to eat at a restaurant down from the hotel and one night they had a special...all you could eat London Broil and that was back in the day when meat was really good (before the supermarkets ever dreamnt of carrying USDA Select (what used to be named USDA Good and you only found in places such as Bonanza steak houses) or what I refer to as USDA Roadkill). Anyway, I love my beef rare and it was and I was chowing down. At some point a fellow came over to the table and introduced himself as the restaurant owner, With a big grin on his face he said, "I really wanted to meet you. I've been putting this special on for probably 12 years even in the middle of tourist season. You have eaten by a grand margin, more London Broil than anyone I've ever served and I can't even imagine where you're putting it." Of course my wife Fran just wanted to crawl under the table. I just turned to the owner, smiled and replied, "Now you'll understand why my mother used to tell everyone she'd rather clothe than feed me."

Have a great time at the Art display. That's one of the things I miss about frequenting Manhattan.

Oh, and Mike M., what kind of tractor you own?
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Default Good Grief! It's Thursday!

Good morning from Southern California.

Keith will have a CT Scan at 1:15 today, so we'll have an early lunch at Spaghetti Eddie's.

RD, have a good time!

Judy
Old June 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon - I know I'm running late in posting but have had a busy morning here - we had rain and storms last evening into the early morning hrs. Today started out with rain, but has stopped momentarily and will start up again later. And tomorrow as well!!!

I wish for some dry days with plenty of sunshine - how can I ever get a tan naturally?!

Hope everyone is having a great day - smile and the world will smile with you!
Old June 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all. I've been out this morning trying to get things done before the next deluge. Our daughter and her husband just bought their first house, and I was helping her take some stuff over there. Fortunately the house is one of the few on the street where the sewer hasn't backed up in the basement. (yet)

Phyll
Old June 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Todd, you would not believe how much Virginia Beach has changed since you have been here; there are a slew of gourmet restaurants that have opened up in Pembroke area, with shops, stores and high rise condos. This area has become the town center of Virginia Beach. Phillbo, congratulation are in order for your daughter and her husband on the purchase of their first house; there is so much pride in home ownship!
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Sitting here in my mothers hospital room, have been here now almost 48 hours. She called in terrible pain, the cancer broke through a wall, the gall bladder almost burst, they drained it, we wait now for more tests, to see where the primary is, and then we can know what the options are. She is more comfortable now with the pain medications. I hope to go to the farm tonight and spend time with my sister who is alone and made me so proud with how she has coped, ( I phone her every hour or two ) I am so proud, keep her in prayer please, then tomorrow AM, I will head back around 5 AM, it takes an hour to get to Ottawa from the farm, and then back there for a couple of days. I am getting really good at sleeping in a chair! I cannot leave her alone especially when not stable, and after what they are doing tomorrow etc, she wont be again. Hope every one is well.
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Delft,

Please know that all of us are offering up our prayers for your precious mother and for you and your family.

Please be well yourself and know that "the Peace that passeth all understanding" will sustain you.

Todd