Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Captain

Default It is Only Tuesday

Well Good Morning CMs

It is another Tuesday morning in the south, it has to be a good day I guess at least I am awake.

Juts 9 years, 3 weeks and 6 more days until I retire again.....

You all have a great day.

Irish 8)

Beautiful young people are acts of nature,
But beautiful old people are works of art.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM
First Mate

Good morning Irish and CM's to follow.

Irish that's funny...if I told you how long it was until I retired you'd cry. It's not for a long time.

Bright and sunny here in Toronto, but a little chilly.

Already working away it's a busy day ahead preparing for the weekend's newspaper.

Have a good day everyone.
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Irish that was funny, and MsKmm seems to have the same trouble I did with these repeat posts I had a few days back.
Good Morning from a warm hot muggy Montreal. I am home for the graduation of my son tonight from College and I am very looking forward to a little bit of positive in my life as they days have been extremely difficult this past month and in particular this last week. I cannot believe my baby is graduating college, seems yesterday it was high school, and in two months its off to university. I am very proud of my son.
My mother is so so. She has a pump now for pain control. It will take getting used to for her. She broke down yesterday, it was all to much for her, I called the palliative care nurse and we all had a long talk. Our goal is to go home ASAP. The plan is we will wait now for the biopsy result, meaning they will see what type ( if any ) chemo may help, and then present her to the tumor board , this is a good thing as with difficult cases you have like a brainstorming session between surgery and oncolgy, pain, palliative care and so on for a good care plan tailored for the patient. I am a little worried not being there today, its the first time I am not there at all in a day, I will be glad when she is home again, as its easier to go to ( 1 hr 10 min away versus 2 hr 20 min) and come back home again.
My sister is coping. She looked pretty dreadful yesterday, and was difficult and angry, this is only normal given the issues in her life and if I feel sad and over whelmed I can only imagine what it is for her. Hopefully today will be a better day.
The "Kid" issues are coming along. I finished handing in all the paper work and now we are in a holding patern to wait. ( from insurance for the house etc) . I know he finds it hard I am gone alot now, but thankfully most everything he needed was done before this happened. Another friend of mine has also stepped in and helped with day to day contact.
My own DS is doing great. You cannot imagine how nice it is to come home and not find the house a disaster. He has done his best to cope and do things on his own.
I watched the news last night, I have missed that! There seems so much in the world going on, and also so much that stays the same!

Have a great day every one.
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Tuesday snoozeday. I sure hope it can be that. No matter what time I go to bed early or late, I just have the hardest time getting up at 430a.

Hope everyone has a speedy week and the weekend makes it here FAST!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Well, I'm old enough to retire any day,,,however,,,because of the cost of medical coverage,,,,I can't! BUMMER. Oh well, if I retired I'd just go out and get a part time job anyway, so I may as well stay here and tough it out.
Just another hot-muggy day here in beautiful downtown Lakeland. I still haven't booked a summer cruise, but I'm still looking.
Hope all my "Mates" have a GREAT day.

Ken
"Sky"
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Well the sun is out for a bit - in between storms I guess. We had storms roll in about 8 ish - and they lingered with lots of thunder, lightening and rain intil sometime after 1:30 - we are predicted to have more storms this afternoon. DH got home about 1:30 I think.

The pastor just called me to say there was no electricity at church or the parsonage - it went out about 1:30 a.m. He had not called to report it, so I let dh know. I told him that I would be in depending on when power was restored. I think I will just stay home. I still have more cleaning to do before the Baptism, and I have lots of church paper work I can do from here - plus work on the new Bible Study that I 'm starting...

Things are back to normal here - just as supper is almost ready ds announces he has two friends coming to swim - thankfully I made a lot, just no leftovers. I will be cooking again today. One boy wasn't sure if he should stay as he had just had his wisdom teeth out and is only eating soft food - I had to remind him I am the queen of soft food diets - he ate well!

Guess I shall try to use my time wisely...what a challenge,
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I have to agree with Irish, that it's "only Tuesday". Seems like Monday was such a long day that it should be at least Wednesday by now!

Still warm in Montreal, no so humid, but thundershowers are in the air again.
We got hit right at BBQ time last night, poor dh was out there in the rain and wind.
The whole week's forecast is for thunderstorms, or showers....

CruiseNoid, I don't know how you get up at 4:30 am. I did it one day and I was wasted!
MissKMM, don't know how long till my retirement either, but I could sure use a change before that happens!
VTJen, have a good day, and hope our storms aren't your storms too!
Delft, congratulations to Daniel!

donna
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Drab, dreary, and not happy weather, around here...I had to leave chat, due to lightning, I came back a bit later, and so did the storm:( We will get a bit more later on:(

I did some extra curicular work yesterday..I make these mock ups of handbags, for my windows at work. Made from foam board, I use ribbons and trims and baubles to make cute displays..It's funny to watch ladies think they are the real deal...Wish I could make myself a Prada:):)

I babysat Lucy last night while the kids took Aiden to seeThe Hulk, so I got an additional baby fix:)
To all my Cruisemates............

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

The second load of laundry is in the wash machine. I am getting ready for our trip to San Francisco to visit the in-laws. Sleeping beauty is snuggled in her bed. I'll call reveille around 10:00 for her and make her get to work packing her satchel. We leave tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, today will just be some laundry, straightening up the house and running Kramer over to my nephew's.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Cheers from Cincinnati, Ohio where the weather is perfect. Right now temp is 60's and the high will be low 70's, there is no humidity. So life is good. DW is in Africa visiting an orphanage and she says the weather there has been beautiful. 70's during the day, 50's at night. Wherever you may be today have a wonderful day.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........no sun....maybe low 60's......oh well........at least no rain.........

Mike.....have a great trip.......oh....don't drop your keys........

I've got to try & make it into chat someday soon......just can't seem to make it........

A few errands today........

Y'all have a great day............

Sharon
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from bright and sunny Ks. - finally a day without rain (hopefully) never know what Mother Nature may throw our way!!

Retirement - at a young 54 and working for the government I can retire if I wish in 2009. And then get a job with the hours that I want (does that really happen??!!) I'll have to seriously think about retirement - DH would like for me to but can't travel with the cost of fuel so I just may stay working -

Sounds like everyone is going to have a great day weather wise -

Prayers are out there for everyone who needs them!! I do pray that things get better for all of us!!!

Have a sunny and bright day!!!
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is the usual HOT morning. Not a cloud in the sky, but lots of humidity coming up from the coast.

We have not had any rain in the last month, so have started watering ourselves. It cost a pretty penny to do so, but don't want things to dry out this soon.

Boys are doing well. Josh has settled into his job at Wal Mart, and Joe is still doing his thing at summer camp. That were notified that college would start later this year, so that means a little extra time for their summer jobs. Josh wanted to work through graduation, and just before the police academy which is in Feb, but he won't be able to get off for our cruises in Dec. It didn't take him long to figure out what to do with that situation.

Jim is busy getting the troops ready for another tour. He shakes his head at the changes in the guys over the years. Things sure are different than they use to be.

I wish all of my Cruisemates a good day. Delf, my prayers for you and your family during this almost unbelievable nightmare. I wish your mom well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Rained again yesterday evening and forecast says more rain later today..... the morning paper says we are 20" above normal rainfall-to-date for this year and only 2 1/2" short of average total yearly rainfall..... and we're not halfway through the year yet!

Oh well, we are off to Seattle Friday to board the Oosterdam on Saturday. One good thing about being waterlogged here is that we won't be too bummed if it rains every day in Alaska..... it will be just like being home only nice and cool.

One of my oncologists died Sunday..... of cancer. My heart goes out to his family and all the ones here at cruisemates who are dealing with this scourge.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Irish, the time goes fast. I am down to about 70 days. Starting the end of August I will start the retirement phase of life. I am planning to join a golf group, and work in the yard. Start projects that take longer than two days to complete, and Travel. Two cruises on the books planning another one. Mike
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! After a couple of weeks of rain we're getting some nice weather in Calgary, with temps in the 70s F.

Unfortunately I've been pretty busy dealing with parental health issues, and that continues. My father is still in hospital, and at the moment seems to have stabilized somewhat.

I've managed to get full time help for them in their home, plus one part timer. Now just hoping my mother gets adjusted to the new girl, and learns to like her more.

Who knows..... I may even get time to get in a game of golf one day this week.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Admiral

A beautiful, balmy day in the 80's is in Virginia Beach yet we can still smell the residue of the fire in North Carolina. Yes, medical care is very expensive and it was for us until Rob started to get his retirement benefits from Uncle Sam. Rob used to pay about $450 every three months for his heart meds; with Tricare Standard, it is $45. Now that Tricare is our second insurer, going to the doctor is a whole lot less expensive!
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Default It is only Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. Today's a three-digit day here. A/C will get a work out . . .

Mike, have a good trip to San Fran . . .
VtJen, I hope you DH gets a break from all that work . . .
Delt, I hope your mom gets to come home soon . . .
Kuki, nice to see you posting . . . best wishes to your parents . . .

Keith will leave in a minute to go to the clinic. I still have a croaky voice, but the antbiotic should have kicked in my now.

Have a good day, everyone.

Judy
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

I'd love to have your weather Cruisin and Luanne!!! The hotter the better!!!!

RD - I usually am pretty wasted by the time 830p hits. Thanks to my good kids and my mom's help on keeping them a couple nights, it makes it worthwhile for the 3 day weekends during the summer.

Bahama - 7 years DH retires and wants to move to SC - maybe even further south. 8)

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008