CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's Thursday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/352453-its-thursday.html)

rollerdonna June 19th, 2008 07:46 AM

It's Thursday!

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's Thursday and my countdown is down to 2 days before vacation!
I am up early for a Dr. appointment, then I have to work late tonight, Annual General Meeting for the Parent Board of Directors.
Somehow, I have to find time to wash, iron and pack for my vacation!
Never enough hours in the day....

Weather is unseasonable. :cry: Dull, raining, and cold. It's ridiculous to have to wear a sweater or jacket near the end of June!
Still wearing shorts though, I don't care!

donna

bahamamomma June 19th, 2008 08:21 AM

Good Morning RD and everyone else!

Weather here is starting out ok, but there's rain in the forecast so I'm feeling your pain about the weather. Although you do have a bright side, you are getting ready to go on a cruise!!!! Enjoy and remember everything will fall into place for you no matter how many hrs are in the day!!!

Everyone have a great day

Irish June 19th, 2008 08:29 AM

Good Morning RD and all CM's to follow

Yes it is Thursday, another day closer to the week-end and more Honey-Do's. I hope everyone has a great day today.

I am up a little late today, I will be going with my youngest (22) to the cardiologist for his PFO test to see if he can go back diving. Momma said no test no diving and this afternoon I have a eye test.

RD - Good Luck at your Doctor and I am so envious of you leaving on your cruise. I must get my fix by watching the commerciasl and Sam Brown's show tonight. We only have 242 days left. lol

Irish 8)

Here's to you and yours, and to mine and ours.
And if mine and ours ever come across to you and yours,
I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours,
As mine and ours have done for you and yours!

Trip June 19th, 2008 08:32 AM

Hi Kids,
Weather getting better here, the sun is out..I too, have a Drs. appointment today. We are having our driveway resurfaced, so the dogs will have sore throats, from barking:( The poor guy who has to listen, and me too, when I come home:(

Good cruising wishes to those lucky ducks leaving:0

Make it a good one.

VTJen June 19th, 2008 08:54 AM

Good Morning All,

Weather is being a pain here ....rain on tap for the next week I guess. Baptism has been postponed until tonight...let see if we have a break in the weather to allow it.

Yesterday got stuff done at church, probably because the lightening took out one phone line...so limited calls! The phone company fixed it just as I had to leave. Had to get prescription filled and go to a retirement party at the school I used to work at. The head lunch lady retired. She is a nice woman that I have known for my entire life. Her daughter was in my grade at school. While I still worked at the school her husband passed away from liver complications due to a medicine he was given. There was a huge lawsuit from the families of all the people that passed away from this one medicine - all from the same liver complications. After all these years the case has been setteled and last week she received the news that she was now a millionaire plus. At age 63 she decided she did not need to be a lunch lady any longer! She is a member of our church. I assured her that I would make sure she kept busy by doing fun things like going out to lunch and road trips and such. She is a lot of fun to be with.

Today is work, and then home and more work and the baptism. I sound like a broken record. Oh, and try to figure something out for supper - I had that task. I think they are gonna get something easy, like eggs. And I refuse to feel guilty about it. They never let me know what they would really enjoy eating, and I am sick of thinking up stuff to eat.

Hope you all have a good day!

Hope all our Mates in the middle part of our country start drying out soon!
What a mess it is there. Heartbreaking really!

LS80 June 19th, 2008 09:29 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............sun is out.....53 out right now........maybe 60's for today........

Not much going on today......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon

rollerdonna June 19th, 2008 09:54 AM

Well, it's nice that all of you are thinking I am going on a cruise but, NOT!
I am going to Nova Scotia, WITHOUT my dh, who is still in too much pain to travel. The only reason I'm going alone is to honour the real estate appointments we've already made, we are house-hunting!

I also had an infuriating morning.
Left early for a mammogram appointment. What should have taken 15 minutes, took me 50 minutes the traffic was so bad. When I finally broke free of the traffic, I got a SPEEDING TICKET!! Never in my life have I got a speeding ticket, I was just passing a slow car!!
So not only was I extra late, the radiology dept would not give me a mammogram because I did not have my referral with me (lost it).
Sent me downstairs to see the Dr. for the referral, but of course, she was NOT THERE.
So now I have a new appointment, for which I will have to take time off work, plus I have to try to reach this unreachable Dr. for another referral.
GRRRRRRRR!!

donna

fasteddie June 19th, 2008 09:58 AM

Mornin' everybody,

It's a little cool outside for the middle of June here in western NY, but I'll take it because the A/C is not running.

Just took my truck down to the shop to get a new windshield wiper linkage put on. I just love these vehicles. It cost $40 just to tell me what's wrong. But then they have to order the part so extra labor is involved to replace the part (which cost $100). What makes it worse is that it's only 3 months since the warranty ran out. Figures, doesn't it?

Have a great day!

Ed

balabusta June 19th, 2008 10:18 AM

Top of the morning from sunny and beautiful, Virginia Beach. I am home this morning, waiting to here about how my granddaughter, Rebecca's surgery went. (Her tear duct was opened). Hope all lmy fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day!

fllady June 19th, 2008 10:46 AM

good Morning, I am not going to complain about it.....
Wishing you all a better day than it has started out for most. RD it always happens that way. If I ever got a ticket it would be for driving too slow. As Ellis says, when I offer to drive us, "I want to g et there today". But I have never had a speeding ticket and guess how many he has had. :wink:

CruisinK n J June 19th, 2008 11:23 AM

It's Thursday

It certainly is Thursday, another 3-digit day in SoCal.

RD, sorry about your travails. I had to leave word at out clinic because we never were told the results of Keith's CT scan. Nor did the nurse ever call about the monitor.

Keith is about to go out and finish up his patio project. His knee didn't like the project, so he had to give it up for a few days.

Have a golod day, all.

Judy

Phyllbo June 19th, 2008 03:53 PM

Good afternoon all.

It's a beautiful sunny day here in WI.

I also went to a doctor appointment this morning. Everything checked out good so that should be the last of the doc appointments for a while. Yipee.

My car also had to go in to the car doctor. Since I don't like it when my cars start acting up, I traded her in. :-)

Bon Voyage to Todd. I see I missed his post yesterday.
RD, you've sure had a time of it today. Hope the next time you have to take off work for the test that things go better for you.

Take care everyone
Phyll

mountain dog June 19th, 2008 05:48 PM

Good afternoon all, Sunny 75 in Salem,Oregon. Donna what do they say if it were'nt for bad luck I would'nt have luck at all (hee haw) That's bull getting a ticket while your passing ol'slow joe. What are you suppose to do,take a month to pass someone why there would be people going postal.Well nothing but blue skies ahead..............MD