Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Trip --- are you pregnant too?

Hey Trip.... wondering if you were part of that pack of girls in your area who agreed they should all get pregnant together?
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Darn you Kuki! I told you that was just between me and you!!! Come next winter, I will be looking for a suite with a crib! I have registered at Babies R Us, if anyone is interested:):):) Remind me to smack you, when I see you:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 20th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Admiral

The vision I had in my head...
Old June 20th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Trip --- are you pregnant too?

Kuki,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hey Trip.... wondering if you were part of that pack of girls in your area who agreed they should all get pregnant together?
I have a proposal to deal with the problem.

>> 1. Those who conceive a child out of wedlock are presumed to be irresponsible, and thus not fit parents. They are, of course, entitled to a hearing in which they may present evidence to demonstrate otherwise but, if they fail to do so, the child is automatically turned over to foster care upon birth.

>> 2. In order to provide for the cost of raising so many children in foster care, each biological parent would pay a tax from the date of the child's birth until the date of the child's twenty-fifth birthday, collected through the same withholding mechanism employed for normal income taxes. The tax would be set at a level sufficient to cover the cost of raising a child in a foster home, including the child's medical care and education though college, plus the apportioned cost of administering this program. I estimate that it would come to about $500 per month for each biological parent. Upon completion of the child's education, the fund would pay the same amount paid to foster parents directly to the child until the child's twenty-fifth birthday to assist the child in getting established in his or her chosen career and, more generally, in life.

>> 3. Any parent who refuses to cooperate with efforts to identify the other parent shall be liable for twice the tax.

>> 4. In event of a pregnancy terminated by abortion, both biological parents would be subject to the same tax from the estimated "due date" until the twenty-fifth anniversary thereof. The moneys, along with taxes collected from parents whose biological child dies before his or her twenty-fifth birthday, would go to make up such deficits as may arise due to death of a biological parent before the expiration of the tax. Additionally, abortion clinics must obtain a DNA sample from each aborted fetus for use in identifying the biological parents.

>> 5. In event of the death of a biological parent, the balance of the tax due would be recoverable from that individual's estate.

>> 6. If either biological parent is a minor, that parent's parents or legal guardians would be liable for the tax until the minor parent's eighteenth birthday, when the minor parent would become liable.

>> 7. A victim of rape who (1) reports the crime to police or to a rape crisis center within twenty-four (24) hours thereof, or within twenty-four (24) hours of release if the rape occurs during an abduction, and (2) subsequently cooperates fully in the prosecution of that crime is exempt from the tax. The rapist, upon conviction of that crime, becomes liable for twice the tax.

Conceptually, the goals of this program are

>> 1. To get children conceived out of wedlock out of harm's way. Many such children grow up in abject poverty and neglect in the home of a "single mom" who is struggling to make ends meet,

>> 2. To hold those who conceive children out of wedlock responsible for their actions by making them bear the societal cost,

>> 3. To ensure that the biological parents cannot evade liability for their actions via abortion, and

>> 4. To ensure that legimate victims of crimes are not punished for that which is not their fault.

And societally, I suspect that the tax would be sufficiently onerous to discourage irresponsible behavior....

Norm.
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Default Trip, Are You Pregnant?

Norm, go to your room . . . chill out!

Judy