Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Default Police officers?

Strange as it may seem we in NZ have just lost our 27th police officer in the line of duty after 158 year's of our countries official history.

He was run down by a driver of a stolen vehicle on Thursday morning while deploying road spikes.

I did not know this officer but my heart breaks every time I see this on the news.

Lots of flowers and condolence messages have been delivered to the Porirua Police station.

Mehawk, I know how you feel.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Those of us who are, or have ever been in Law Enforcement, know the risks, and cringe when we see one of our brothers, or sisters cut down in the line of duty. God bless him, and his family. RIP

Ken
"Sky"
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

This is always sad to hear. They do so much, but get so little credit.

God Bless him and his family.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Thanks Lombard. Three weeks ago, a Houston police officer lost his life when he was struck from behind by a drunkened driver in the sam emanner as I was hit. The officer was doing a construction job as I was. Another officer was hit at the same time and he is still in the hospital fighting to regain his health. It has been said that this driver was laughing at the dead officer. Similar to how the driver that hit me was reportedly mocking me at the scene of my accident while I layed unconscious and bleeding.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 14th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Ehhhh,,cant take this in "Similar to how the driver that hit me was reportedly mocking me at the scene of my accident while I layed unconscious and bleeding."

Hope his ass got burned by the courts.

Oh and what ever happenned to that ex police officer that used to be on here, the bike guy. What was his name again
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Admiral

As a sworn officer with over 27 years on the job, I offer my sincerest condolences to the New Zealand officer and to any law enforcement or safety official that loses his life in the line of duty. Each of us who are or were in the profession, has attended far too many funerals.

Todd.
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Hear, hear!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Very sad, but very true.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Captain

I love the work...There is truly NOTHING like it. But man, can it go bad in a hurry...In Indianapolis we have an officer fighting for his life that was shot in the head a few days ago. Also, many think being an officer in a large metro department is somehow more dangerous than working for a small department. That may have been true at one time but isn't anymore...It just takes one nut and they live in places big and small..Every community has them. In one way you're always proud to tell people what you do but at the same time you know you're going to have to listen to their "speed trap ticket they didn't deserve story"...After all these years, I'm still not sure what the hell a "speed trap" is lol.

Anyway, regards to all fellow officers and anyone else in professions who "run in when everyone else is running out"...Stay safe!
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

I will have to say that you really do not know when you will get one of those crazies or not.

I know I worry a lot when the dear honey works and tells me about a call he is going to or even the traffic stops at night.

I never fully realized the potenital of the possibility of something hapening unitl I took a ride with him one night. You just do not know who you are walking up on. It sure gave me a new respect for that career choice.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Hey Ready, Heard some good news relating to Officer Fishburne this morning. His father was on the news and stated they were seeing dramatic improvements and were more hopeful he would survive.

Poor guy was just doing his job trying to serve warrants.

I really liked IMPD's response though. They went out in force and just slammed the area the officer had been working. They went out and rounded up all the bad guys they could find warrants on and hauled them in. They will get the person who did this, I am sure.
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Hey Ready, Heard some good news relating to Officer Fishburne this morning. His father was on the news and stated they were seeing dramatic improvements and were more hopeful he would survive.

Poor guy was just doing his job trying to serve warrants.

I really liked IMPD's response though. They went out in force and just slammed the area the officer had been working. They went out and rounded up all the bad guys they could find warrants on and hauled them in. They will get the person who did this, I am sure.
Hi Beenie...If you meant the guy who shot Officer Fishburne he is in custody. He was shot and wounded himself during the incident but is expected to recover, unfortunately. Also, his darling mother who was harboring him for the original murder of the helpless senior citizen is in custody for harboring him. If you were referring to another incident and already knew all this, sorry in advance. That's great news about his recovery prospects, I didn't know that.

Hope things are good on your side of the state and you're having a great summer...But stop sending me those storms, will ya? lol.
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Sergeant Derek Wootton's funeral is today.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1318360/1911307

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!