Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Captain

Default Hello Monday

Good Morning All

Yes it is Monday and the start of a new week and I am back up and running

More rain expect here which will help the humidity as we sutler.

Well it is off to work hope that everyone has a great day.

Irish 8)

May God be with you and bless you.
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness.
From this day forward.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, Hard to believe half of July is all but gone.
It has been so busy, I dont really read the posts much any more, dial up at my mother's prevents that. I am home for a couple of days and then back to the grind. She started chemo, but I know in my heart, I can see it, it wont be long, I just feel a certain sense when I look at her.
DS is doing great, he manages pretty good when I am not here and is very trustworthy in the house alone which is a comforting feeling.
We sure got rained on yesterday after a beautiful Saturday. Today it doesnt seem to know what it wants to do.
Have a good day every one.
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

A bit of lingring rain is darkening the horizon this morning, but I think it will clear up a bit.

I haven't been on for a few days - how did life get so busy? I know on Friday I went for my walk. Then came home then puttered. In afternoon my mil took me to Canada to a Chiropractor - she is not so much a bone cracker, but works on nerves. She spent a long time on me...my mil had to come in with me to act as interpreter. As I thought my sciatic nerve was in rough shape - it was quite swollen. My arms going numb was a vertabre in my neck had worked it's way sideways and the nerves were knotted. She stretches them. It is sort of an odd sensation. She said she had never seen anyone who had problems like I did with every single nerve in my body. She also told me I would be worse for a bit before I felt better, and as I had waited so long I might need one more treatment.

Well Saturday was the most miserable day I have ever spent. I had to literally change position about every 5 minutes. I could barely sit, stand, walk or lay down. She said I had to keep moving. I did my best, but lets just say I was not pleasant. Finally by the time I went to bed last night I was almost pain-free. Until the phone rang in middle of night for dh to go to work and son had not replaced the bedroom phone back - so I had to run downstairs. I really made things worse. I am hoping that it is just temporary.

Today I will be turning my hand at French Cuisine - ds has invited his chums over for a French Feast in honor of Bastille Day and and exciting stage of the Tour de France. I have never really dabble in the French type of cooking and normally I wouldn't worry about it since 20 year old boys really just want to eat, but one of the boys is half French from France and half French from Canada. Both his parents are French teachers, they speak only French at home, eat mostly only French at home, and spend gobs of time in France or with realatives from France here - so there will be no fooling him. I think there will be 7 of us for dinner - since most are boys, I will need to cook for like 10 I would imagine. They all came yesterday right about supper time - the literally inhaled 2 dozen egg roles, an entire Schwans size bag of Jalepeno poppers and one of Cream Cheese filled wontons and an enormous salad.
They had been kayaking so they had worked up an appetite.

RollerDonna - on the local news the other night they did a story on a Cruise boat on Lake Memphremagog. They have a daily cruise that is like 3 hours I think that stays mainly near the Canadian Shores of the lake and the captain points out interesting sights - some of the houses and I think a monestary looked awesome. Then once a week they have a longer cruise that comes into my town of Newport. I think it docks and then the cruisers have a couple of hours before the boat heads back to Magog. Maybe somehow we could work something out at some time to meet again.

Hope everyone is well - and that Monday will be a great start to your week,
Old July 14th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All! Been a few weeks, have been very busy at work.

Glad to be at work this morning as Marj had me slaving in the yard all weekend planting bushes and shrubbery. A picture of me in action appears below.

We at least got a bit of beach time in yesterday afternoon and a dip in the hot tub also.

Marj and I are due to become grandparents in February! Lona, her oldest had a successful invitro implant. It has been a difficult time for her to get pregnant so we are praying for this one. We will find out how many in the next few weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Doug doing yard work (Actually Sugar Cane Grinding Old School in St. Lucia)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Doug! I hadn't realized how much I missed your daily pics until you posted that one!

Morning All, from an undecided Montreal. It is supposed to clear up from the miserable rain we had yesterday, but although the sun peeks out occasionally, it remains uncertainly cloudy. At least the humidity is better, it was unbelievable yesterday!

Jen, funny you should mention that, I've been thinking of a visit! The only "if" is, we don't trust either of our old cars to make the trip, but the cruise makes the idea more accessible. Hmmmm....will talk to James and let you know!

It's off to work for me today, Week 4 of our 9 week Summer Program.
Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

donna
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates! Clear today and supposingly hot later. One more semester of school and I'll be done. This makes three semesters of straight "A's"... and I don't mean "just getting by A's". These semesters are all big time A's. Out of 312 grades, 6 have been 95's and the rest have been 100's. Can you say Summe C u m Laude? ANyways, i just wanted to dance about it and thanks for your patience.

Have a blessed and wonderful day Cruisemates friends!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Good Monday Morning - a beautiful day, but after today the temps will start rising and the humidity will return. Had a great weekend, (at least 1/2) Sat was rained out and Sunday was beautiful - cool with clear blue skies, no humidity - it was great.

Hoping everyone has a great day!
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot, Virginia Beach where it is supposed to shower this afternoon. After going to the gym, I ran a couple of washes, will do some ironing, and then will prepare dinner. Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a great week. A little over three weeks, and counting, until we go on our New England and Canada cruise!
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning from H&H SE Florida. Just a nice quiet weekend, indoors. It was too H&H to go out and who can affort to keep fillingthe gas tank. One big drawback of being retired and on fixed income.

Michael congrats to you, and you can brag and be very rpoud of yourself!!! Keep up the good work. How is your health now, after seeingthose pictures of your accident, quite a while ago now, I keep seeingthem whenever I see your picture.

Doug, I agree with RD, missed your pcitures and you too of course!

Balabusta you reminded me, I habve to do ironing today. Thanks

Wishing you all a great day.
BTW I have 28 weeks before I cruise!!! YAHOO!!!!
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Hello Monday

A late good morning from Southern California. The monsoons continue here with flash flood warnings in some areas.

Keith just set off for his photography class. SIL and family are busy touring Germany.

I had an icky stomach yesterday, so I just cooled it. I will sort laundry in a bit.

Michael, congratulations on your scholarly efforts.
Jen, I hope youre feeling better.

Have a nice Monday, all.

Judy
Old July 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Rain showers in the Calgary for the next few days. My sister flew in last night from Arizona, so it's her fault. Our weather always turns to "crap" when she visits

New care-giver started for my parents today... can only hope they like this one.

Taking my father to a Dr. appointment this afternoon to look at what may be an infected toe. He's been very weak, and whiny. Can't blame him for being whiny, as he's been stuck in bad for much too long.

Played golf with Kuki Jr. yesterday, and that was a nice father/son day.

Meeting with his future father in law tonight to talk about the upcoming nuptuals, budgets, etc.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Morning
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Kuki,

Just remember, the brides parents get to pay for the wedding!