Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Default Regent Seven Seas question

Hi all does Regent Seven Seas, include all drinks into the cruise price? I thought I hear wine, soda, and alcohol were included in the cruise price. Also is there anything else included that I'm missing. What type of shows and activities are there aboard these ships? What about the staterooms are they nice? Thanks for you help.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

All booze, including wines (other than prermium brands) is included in your cruise fare, as are soft drinks, and gratuities. There's also no charges for the alternate restaurants.

Their ships are smaller, so you're not going to find the same big production numbers for entertainmnet as on the mega ships.

But there is often a themed cruise, with well known lecturers or performers.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Admiral

I have been 13 Regent cruises in the last six years so let me try to answer your questions.

First, you need to separate the two larger ships, Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner, from the smaller ships Seven Seas Navigator. Voyager and Mariner both hold 700 people although they are never that full as there are many singles. They have four restaurants: Compass Rose is main dining room, La Verandah is always casual and alternates between Italian Steakhouse or regular Italian menus, Compass Rose and la Verandah are open seating come when you want and sit with whom you want. Signatures which is run by Cordon Bleu, and Latitudes which is Asian Fusion but tends to vary. Both of these restaurants require reservations.

Smallest cabin on Voyager is 301 sq ft plus balcony. Smallest cabin on Mariner is 265 sq ft plus balcony. As Kuki said, all beverages, except premium are included. On my last cruise, we had a Canadian incentive group the first week. The F&B manager told me that two guys went through 55 cans of beer in one day....by themselves.

Regent dress is more relaxed than other lines. Alaska is always Country Club Casual (CCC). Takiti is always CCC. Short med cruises are CCC and Informal (jacket required). Signatures ALWAYS requires a jacket. Many cruises still have formal nights; usually three on a two week cruise.

Mariner and Voyager (along with Navigator) have production shows. Eight dancers and four singers in the productions with live nine piece orchestra. Usually three shows in seven days. The theater can sit all pax at once so there is only one show after dinner. Other entertainment are musicians or variety acts or comedians. Lots of lectures with a couple of excellent in house lecturers. Music is always provided by a pianist, a guitarist, a two/three piece combo, and a DJ. There are also theme cruises. I have sailed on a big band cruise and also a jazz cruise. On the jazz cruise, they performed nightly in one of the lounges after dinner.

I never made it to a show on my last cruise. We always ended up drinking with friends on the fantail outside Horizon Lounge. I would go into the lounge to listen to jazz for a while then head back outside. However, on a med cruise with ports every day it is hard to do everything.

As you can imagine, I think Regent is a wonderful value. One other thing is that Regent single supplement is usually 40% so it is often very competitive for solo travellers.

Hope this helps.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the great information Marc. I was eyeballing once again the 7 night spotlight on Chocolate cruise. This is the Seven Seas Voyager.

What is considered a good price on these cruises?

I have always done the mainstream lines and a good measure for these is a $100 per night. However, this is due to the fact you have to add booze, soft drinks, alternate resturants and gratuities the $100 per night doesn't work on this line. Plus I would add a premuim for the theme portion of the cruise and increase quality of food.

Is the food really good cause I cruise for food?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Regent's prices have really gone up; especially with all inclusive.

Regent is not allowing upfront discounting but my TA, and I am sure others, provide rebates and group discounts.

Food is wonderful. Best part is the ability to special order anything you want...well, they need to have ingredients on board. You just have to place your request 24 hours in advance. Grand Marnier souffles for dessert, lobster tails for appetizer, rack of lamb, and steak tartare are some of my favorite special orders. For Christmas, a family had special ordered (i would think in advance) a whole goose and the grandfather carved it at the table.

I was always book cheapest category as Cat H - D are all same size. On Voyager, Cat H is near the stern where there is some vibration; however, I am too cheap to pay for a Cat G and I don't mind the vibration. If you are looking at 2008, I don't know if you can still get a Cat H or a Cat H guarantee. For 2009, you might have better luck.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Old July 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Marc or anyone who knows,

Does Regent still provide each cabin with the initial, in cabin, bar set up of two bottles of liquor?

Also, I don't think anyone mentioned the big plus. No tipping. Your gratuities are part of the fare.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Mike, you have to ask for the setup but they do provide it. I asked for a bottle of scotch and never opened it so I left it to go back to inventory. If you ever need a refill of champagne or wine, you can stop be a bar and pick one up or have room service or your stewardess provide.

Friends of ours had a suite with butler. We used to play cards in the afternoon and the butler would get us our drinks and snacks (including chocolate covered strawberries).

It is real great having all inclusive.

No tipping is also wonderful.

F Scott Fitzgerald