Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Top 'o the mornin' to all ye mates!

Was that a roper enough greeting Irish? The subject of St. Patrick's day came up yesterday and most fondly recall the annual celebration in Manhattan. If not the best, New York has to be one of the best when it comes to celebrating St. Paddy's day. That was the one day of the year I used to never admit I was of German extraction.

Well the sun is definitely making it appearance among the gorgeous mountains of East Tennessee so I 'reckon it's time to start my chores.

I forgot who it was, but I liked the modification someone made yesterday or the day before by sending prayers to everyone. Therefore in keeping with what I consider that upgrade:

Blessings upon everyone for a glorious day and additional healing prayers to those suffering illness or travail of any sort.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Top of the mornin' to you Todd and all to follow!!!! I have noticed that ridership on my morning train to Philadelphia is becoming more crowded. This morning they had to open the front car of the train, which is usually closed. I guess gas prices are starting to have their effect. Actually here in South Jersey the prices have been dropping and are now around $3.89 for regular.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Crown Princess at dock at Crown Bay St Thomas, USVI

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates! Comfortable at 73 here in Lakeland this morning. It is a bit overcast now, I hope it will burn off. Another day off for me. I have plenty of work to do today around here. going out to lunch today. I need a treat. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 17th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

I looks like it will be a nice day. Yesterday it was very overcast. I can't figure out how I didn't post yesterday...

The traveling Tea Party went well on Tuesday. It took 5 baskets to haul all the dishes and food and beverages, but the dear lady was so pleased. She really can do no stairs so it was important that we bring the party to her. I baked three different items and mixed fresh berries together and broght tea and lemonade. She kept saying how she didn't deserve such a party and we kept reassuring her that she certainly did.

After the tea we (ds, dh and me) went to deal with a friends bunch of trees that needed to come down. It ended up being a very long day and I was exhausted. Yesterday was pretty calm in comparison.

Today is work, then Bible Study, and then I hope to just do nothing for an hour or two. I have just been so busy lately that I truly need a bit of down time. My body just can't handle it all

Delft - so sorry to hear about your eye! Hope that it is much better.
MikeM - sorry about your late night visit to the hospital, but glad they were able to fix you up!
Mike - colds are no fun!
ToddDH - will continue to pray for Fran, that the CT scan will show no troubles!
RD - so sorry to hear why your train was delayed...
Doug - I had been wondering if public transportation had seen an increase. We live where we don't have such convienences so it is hard to know if people have reached a point where they are willing to forego a bit of independence to save some dough. Skunk scent is not the most fragrant way to start the day.

Well, I just remembered I have Bible Study notes to print and Birthday gifts for two little girls in my church that I got to get wrapped so I can drop them off after work this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where rain is still forecast, although it's sunny and warm, as it was all day yesterday. So far they've been wrong every day this week. I hope they're wrong tomorrow, because we have a fieldtrip planned, and the forecast says heavy rain and thunderstorms!

Doug, the only difference I notice in my train ridership, is the usual absence of students all summer. Because I travel past rush hour in the morning, it's never full, but coming home at night it's always standing room only.
Still, it's 100's and 100's of people NOT driving, and that's a good thing!

Must get moving if I'm going to catch that morning train..... Have a good day All!

donna
Old July 17th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
This week has been sensational, and it continues through the weekend. The fam was at Walking Withe Dinosaurs last night. The tickets I won, turned out to be nosebleed seats, but with the size of the monsters, some were at eye level! I will get a blow by blow tomorrow from Aiden.

Lucy prevented me from chatting, the little bum:):)

RD, you reminded me of Shena Easton, getting her morning train...Now I hope we all have that song in our heads all day!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Good morning, from soon to be afternoon, Virginia Beach. I spent most of the morning trying to get a hotel reservation for a wedding in September in Gloucester, Virginia; a former neighbor's daughter is getting married. In small town, when you have a lot of guests from out of town, you have to book a hotel reservation as early as possible. Rob and I have decided to make a weekend of the wedding and explore the Gloucester-Yorktown area. The Entertainment Book really helps because it has several restaurants listed in the area. How many of my fellow cruisemates buy the Entertainment Book every year?
Old July 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Quote:
Originally Posted by balabusta
Good morning, The Entertainment Book really helps because it has several restaurants listed in the area. How many of my fellow cruisemates buy the Entertainment Book every year?
We buy it every year and so do some of our freinds. This way we get to try different and new restaurants and only pay half with those great coupons. BTW we live on the Treasure coast in Florida.
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Admiral

We buy the Entertainment Book every year and I not only use it for restaurants, but for hotels and sometimes for car rentals too. Pays for itself in one trip north for us. After that it's savings.

Carnival Glory
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default m

Me use the book each after introduction by Tweety. Its use more than pay for the subscription.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!