Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, the weekend is here

Its almost 3.30 AM and I am still not in bed.

We did our shopping, DS has a new very nice lap top, and Mother ( myself) has a very nice new desk top. We have been busy. I re formatted an older one to give away, I took a few last minute files from my "old lap top" which will go in the spare bed room, and got every thing into the new computer. Everything is up and running and it is very nice. I am really pleased. I tend to hang onto things for long, but when I buy, I buy top of the line and it generally lasts me. I am not loving the new monitor, I have one that is now the wide screen and I really prefered my other one which is square, very light, thin, and square! This one seem to long in my eyes, but I may get used to it. Either that or this one will go in the spare room and I take the old monitor( 20") one back. ( not really old, only three years)

Tomorrows task will be to clean up the junk around my desk!! It just has got to get done.

My Mum is hanging in, Sunday I will go with DS and we will make a lunch. She gave me some very beautiful peices of bling, including a black diamond ring that belonged to my great grand mother. It is a mourning ring, very plain, very pretty, and was given as a memory of a loved on to her when she was 17. My grandmother always wore it, and now I proudly wear it as well. I personally did not know it was a black diamond till my grandmother passed and it was apraised for insurances. It's not a colour I am used to seeing. Very differant.

My Mum wants to give the more special things before she passes, because she said she wants to see our faces when she gives it and tell me what it means to her. It was a time to cry, but also a time to laugh. She gave me my baby shoe, I say shoe because there is only one, apparently I liked to toss my shoes out the car window and one time, she just couldnt retrieve it! DS does not know it yet, but Sunday she will give him his great grand fathers gold watch, and he will get his grandfather very beautiful desk that was sent over from Holland. ( ALl the furniture and belongings came by container by sea)

Right now it is hot hazy and humid. I went out with the dogs and the air is thick with humidity and also it damp!

Well, soon Morning will come. Have a great day every one!
Old July 19th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Admiral

And a Good Morning! to you Delfhuis and everyone to follow.

I arose about the time the OP was written. I'm starting to revert to my old habits when I was "on the job" and in some ways I don't like it. I always used to arise at around 0330-0400 hrs., even on the weekends. For the last fourteen or so years of my career, I had as an instructor, a true perk for the average law enforcement officer. I worked permanent days with weenends and Holidays off. But in return I would often work twelve hour days (I never was a clock watcher) but at a job I deemed anything but. I have though, been retired for over twelve years and thought I'd permanently adjusted my sleeping pattern to more "normal" hours. Guess not.

Well, in any event it is forecast to be a hot and sunny day here in East Tennessee so I'm going to get the lawn out of the way early. Good wishes and prayers for all of you 'mates and especially to those suffering illness or any form of travail.

Todd
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! I am also up early. I have been writing the blog and just checking out different sites. I go to work today. I do my week the opposite of most people. I work my whole week on the weekend and have 5 days off. It is nice but sometimesI get bored. I like when my part time job calls me in. It fills up some of my time off.
Delft, Prayers still come your way for you Mother. Enjoy your new computer.
Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 19th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Captain

Good Morning

Attended a wedding of one of my former Sunday School students and long time friend of the family. The bride was beautiful as all brides are and the groom we also knew when he was younger. My youngest son and he were on the same football team in the city league. After attending both the rehearsal (I was a member of the wedding party) and the wedding , I noticed that some things had changed. My D/W told me that I was showing my age. Go figure we have been married for 29 1/2 glorious years and look forward to many many more.

Well just 211 more days until our cruise back to Panama to celebrate our 30th Anniversary (I was stationed there when I proposed to her).

I have to leave in about an 1 1/2 for drill it is a long drive to the state capital.

You all have a great weekend.

Irish 8)

May the roof above us never fall in,
and may we friends gathered below never fall out.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning, everyone.

It's a warm, sunny and humid day in southeastern Ontario. The sun is just that little bit brighter because our younger daughter is home for the weekend from Hamilton Even some anticipated showers won't be able to dampen the weekend for us.

We have a fairly busy weekend coming up to get ready for vacation. Only 4 more days to work, then we're off Friday morning with the new travel trailer - heading for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for 2 weeks.

Here's wishing you all a good weekend.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a hot 'n humid Montreal.
I was very lazy today and slept in late....well deserved after yesterday's early rise, full day fieldtrip (in the rain!), and evening get together for a co-worker.
Boy, can those people party! You'd think most people would be well behaved and a bit intimidated at their boss's home, but SHE was the one moving furniture, grabbing us and making us dance to old Abba tunes in her living room!
It was pot luck, so we had lots of great food, desserts, and Sangria Slushies and Pina Coladas. Mmmmmm!

Hopefully, my weekend will be a little quieter...
Cruwysie, wish I was at your place today, the pool must be nice to beat this humidity! Hope to see you as you pass through town next week!

donna
Old July 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Everyone have a great Saturday.

Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday The Weekend is Here

A super late good morning to you all. I haven't posted in the last couple of days. Yesterday, we spent the day house hunting in the desert. It was exhausting: I did all the driving; it was hot, and we did a lot of walking.

I plan to just cool it today.

Judy