CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Guess where this is (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/353723-guess-where.html)

rayb July 19th, 2008 02:07 PM

Guess where this is

This is my rule: If you look at this picture you are required to make a guess or comment. It seems most of my imputs get a lot hits but only a few make comments. Make comments or I am gonna quit. No I wont do that but I love to read your comments.

Where is this building Located? I took the picture from the window of a bus.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...2378/45589.jpg

DayvidB July 19th, 2008 02:15 PM

Jukebox City :D :D

Mike M July 19th, 2008 02:37 PM

Russian Apartments?

Take care,
Mike

DayvidB July 19th, 2008 02:45 PM

Sorry Ray, I am trying but nothing in the pic to give me a clue apart from looking like massive Wurlitzers. :D

It does not look like the usual 'concrete block' East Germany / communist country style bulk architecture. I am going towards the far east here or even Scandinavian for some reason :-?

Give us a clue 8)

"It seems most of my imputs get a lot hits but only a few make comments".

I can give empathy on that bro :D

nlb1050 July 19th, 2008 03:09 PM

Somewhere in Germany. Having never been there this is the best I can do.

fllady July 19th, 2008 04:13 PM

I know this is a wild guess, but I see a little red sign in the back ground and it looks to me to be the Buffalo Bills logo??? So I will say NY state LOL

Mean Dean July 19th, 2008 04:20 PM

Las Vegas Strip?

rollerdonna July 19th, 2008 05:24 PM

I'm sorry Ray, I have no idea, but they do look a little robotic don't they?
Right out of "Wall-E".

donna

rayb July 19th, 2008 06:30 PM

h

Hint: American Airlines fly there from ORD non stop.

ToddDH July 19th, 2008 07:50 PM

I'm sorry Ray but I haven't the remotest idea. I originally thought Thailand and then realized that the shot was taken probably in Spring or Winter and those trees are not the type to be found in southeast asia.

I'll really be interested to find out. And though somewhat guilty in the past, I promise henceforth not to be a lurker.

Todd

Marc July 19th, 2008 10:25 PM

Moscow, Russia

My guess is based on the date on the picture. I remember that I recommended that you take your ice skates on this river cruise. :D

venice July 20th, 2008 02:45 AM

Moscow has a Buffalo Bills training camp ? :rofl:

Lisa July 20th, 2008 03:08 AM

New York City?

Cruznut2 July 20th, 2008 10:43 AM

Jeanne, I looked at the red sign through a magnifying glass and it looks like a train. I have no idea where it is though. I could not make out any words.

Laura

rayb July 21st, 2008 07:02 PM

answer

After 211 hits and and 13 responses I will give the location that this picture was taken.

Mike and Marc are correct. It was taken from a moving bus while we were in Moscow, Russia. It just before we board the plane to fly to Rostov-on-Don to board the River Cruise on Tikhi Don for an 18 day river cruise.

BornToCruise July 22nd, 2008 12:27 AM

Guilty. Your posts are always the first I read, but I never reply. I enjoy the pictures so much and live vicariously through your traveling. You've inspired me to see the world -- in about 8 weeks, I'm off to Paris and then on to a western mediterranean cruise. I haven't made up my mind about the order of the next few trips, but by the end of 2010 I'll have seen Egypt, South Africa, Australia/South Pacific and hopefully South America/Antartica (I want to see Mumble Happy Feet up close and personal). I haven't planned past 2010 yet but there's a great big world out there and I'm going to see as much of it as I can. Thanks for all your wonderful pictures and the inspiration to finally do it.

debbyedoops July 22nd, 2008 09:22 AM

Sorry no guesses

Howdy Ray from Houston, TX

I love to see you pictures, they are always great. But seing as i have not traveled out of the US much, i really don't have a clue. but is fun to see.

Keep up the great work you are appreciated even if we can't guess.

debbyedoops

May the Lord keep you in His care today and always

katlady July 22nd, 2008 09:57 AM

Hi Ray I was just about to guess Brussels. LOL Oh well I love the pictures sometimes I have no clue where they were taken. I like adding the places to see to my list. :D

fasteddie July 25th, 2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fllady
I know this is a wild guess, but I see a little red sign in the back ground and it looks to me to be the Buffalo Bills logo??? So I will say NY state LOL

I've been in a lot of places in "Bills Country", but I've never seen that. Maybe you thought it was my place out in the country? :)

Ed

DayvidB July 25th, 2008 03:27 PM

"It was taken from a moving bus while we were in Moscow, Russia. "

Well I never,,,,nice one :D

fllady July 25th, 2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddie
Quote:

Originally Posted by fllady

I've been in a lot of places in "Bills Country", but I've never seen that. Maybe you thought it was my place out in the country? :)

Ed

Fast Eddie you are too funny!! With these eyes and it being so small that was the first thing that popped into my mind!! LOL Well you can tell I like football. And Ray did tell us to take a guess! :wink:

Hub July 30th, 2008 08:16 AM

They do look like Juke boxes - so I still think we should call it Juke Box City!