Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Samantha Brown, Travel & the Olmpics

I just saw the ad for these shows, Set the dvrs!

Monday Tues and Weds... 8pm...Samantha goes to China..looks good:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Why watch Samantha Brown go to China when we can go ourselves?

In October we will be in China for 18 days; can't wait. Get to see Pandas in Chengdu, cruise the Yangtze River, see the temples in Tibet, the terra cotta warriors in Xi'an, the Li River, and do our Christmas shopping in Shanghai. China is a wonderful country to visit; everyone should head there on their own.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Marc, most of us, we won't get to China, why not let us arm chair travel ?

I think you are fortunate, and I bet you have an amazing trip. My aunt, many moons ago, was one of the first Americans to travel to China, after Nixon's open door policy.

We can also visit China vicariously through your reviews, right?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Admiral

Trip, I won't have email access during the trip but will try to post review and pictures afterwards.

I easily tire of Samantha Brown. We would all die for her job; yet, her perkiness and shallowness (at least to me) takes away from learning in depth about the places she visits. Maybe it is only supposed to be an overview to entice us to research more and then travel there ourselves.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Admiral

I use to feel like Marc..bu she kind of "grows" on you si now I really kind of like her
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Why watch Samantha Brown go to China when we can go ourselves?

In October we will be in China for 18 days; can't wait. Get to see Pandas in Chengdu, cruise the Yangtze River, see the temples in Tibet, the terra cotta warriors in Xi'an, the Li River, and do our Christmas shopping in Shanghai. China is a wonderful country to visit; everyone should head there on their own.
Have you seen the air pollution over there? We think it is bad in the US.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Default Samantha Brown, Travel and the Olympics

I plan to watch Sam tonight, because, for once, it's on at 8 p.m. I rarely agree with Marc on anything, but I do agree that I can only take Sam in small doses. She gets on my nerves, too. If only more of us were so lucky to travel to far away places!

Judy
Old July 29th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I enjoy Sam, She has a fun show and does fun things to be sure. I watch whenever I get the cance. I really enjoyed her weekend trip to NH this week.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 29th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanks Trip

thanks Trip
missed last night but will watch Tues & Wed and check for a repeat of episode 1

I like Samantha, and like some said Marc you are blessed to be able to see the world...some of us have not had this opportunity. So don't be so smug and condiscending. Enjoy you trip it sound amazing and do let us have a peek into China when you return, but until then I will appreciate seeing it on TV.

Travel poor in Texas
debbyedoops