Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default And A Bright Sunday Morning

First off, I hope it is a beautiful Sunday, especially in Montreal so the sun shines brightly on Rollerdonna's absolutely gorgeous new car! How absolutely exciting. Good luck and many safe and happy years with your new "baby." Now Donna, you can really do it in style when someone tells you, "You go, girl!"

Nothing much on tap exept we're having friends over for supper this evening. I'm roasting a rib roast to medium rare. I much prefer rare but one must consider their guests (darn!), so I'll make for me that which is the ultimate sacrifice.

You know, I really miss that family tradition where everyone, after they came home from Church, sat down as a family around two in the afternoon or so at the Dining Room table, often with grandparents there, and enjoyed a true family Sunday Dinner. Maybe we should do more of that today.

Hope all my cruisemate friends have a glorious Sunday, the most appropriate day of all to send Blessings to each of you, especially those experiencing illness or who are in pain, need or sorrow.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Todd and those to follow! Yes I agree about family meals, that's for sure, small family I have , but we eat together most of the time if we are together, and I always have a "family " meal of some sort weekly and also I have alot of little occassions at my home. Today it will be to celibrate Debra going to paris for her last year of university, she leaves this week and the brunch is at my house today. I was up till late setting the table getting it to look a little nice. I will head out the door in a few minutes to get Montreal's fresh famous bagels. The sun is out, for how long I dont know, yesterday was a great day if only for the fact it did not rain. Well, better go and get those bagels!
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a still sunny Montreal! Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day, comfortably warm and lots of glorious sunshine. Sure felt good after all that rain, and I enjoyed spending the afternoon sitting out by a friend's pool soaking up the sun!

This friend had celebrated her 50th back in June, and I had finally finished a scrapbook project with all the photos I had taken at the party, so wanted to deliver it to her before she turned 51!

Of course, I managed to find a few other errands to do yesterday too, just to have an excuse to drive our new car, and listen to the fabulous sound system within!

Today looks like another nice one, so far..... even though the "experts" predicted a day full of rain and thundershowers.

donna
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Captain

Good Morning Todd, Delfthuis and those to follow!

I hope that you enjoy your dinner tonight. Being a military family our dinner have always been my D/W, our two boys and I. Now with my oldest in the Air NG and my youngest attending college it is hard to get us together for dinner, usually during spring, Christmas and summer breaks. But I guess that time passes.

We are getting ready for church now. I have to go in early and clean a computer hard drive that the Religious Education Director is giving to the Prison Ministry.

You all have a great day and get ready for a new week.

Irish 8)

The man with the boots does not mind
where he places his foot.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Admiral

I have to say Irish, I am truly taken with your witticisms and prayers beneath your sign off.

While I have more than several, because I'm a BIG TIME student of Word War II world history and the years leading thereto, many of mine are militarily oriented and unfit for family threads, especially one of my favorites from the war from my personal era that when I use it, I really have to say it's tongue in cheek (at least most of the time).

I originally thought that maytbe you should publish them. On second thought, though, it's probably one of the greatest reasons this thread is so popular so maybe you should restrict them to here afterall.

Todd
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning Cruisemates! Calgary weather is to cool some from the 90s F we've been enjoying.

Hoping to take the "day off"; relax, destress and watch the Olympics and baseball on TV all day.
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default And a Bright Sunday Morning

And bright it is!

Kuki, nice to s ee you posting. I hope your parents are dolng well.
RD, enjoy that car!

Had a good lunch at the Asian fusion resaurant yesterday. DH says this was our "China week." Nothing planned for today, except the Los Angeles Times, and yes, more Olympics.

Judy
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny Texas where the temps are going to climb really soon.

Not much going on here. Jim is getting the troops ready for Iraq, so he is working 12 hours a day, so I don't get to see him as much as I like.

Joe is still working at camp, and Josh is busy with his job.

I am down 19 lbs so far, and loving it. Need to be exercising more, but looking forward to going to LA next month and using the pool everyday for that.

I hope all is well for all of you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
First Mate

Happy Sunday from western Colorado! I got up and mowed the lawn. My husband has been fighting a cough and cold since returning from our Elation cruise on Aug. 1st. The Dr. gave him some meds on Friday.

Donna your new car is a beautiful color. Enjoy many happy trails.

Tomorrow will be my first day back at school. I teach first grade. The kids don't officially start until next Monday. It is always sad to see summer vacation come to an end. Enjoy your day wherever you are!
jojo
Old August 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
While I have more than several, because I'm a BIG TIME student of Word War II world history and the years leading thereto, many of mine are militarily oriented and unfit for family threads, especially one of my favorites from the war from my personal era that when I use it, I really have to say it's tongue in cheek (at least most of the time).

Todd
Todd

Thank you for your kind comments, they are saying that I heard growing up, my family has thousands of them. I served 22 years in the Army and like you I am a student of WW II. My dad was in the first wave at Normandy. If you want you can share your sayings with me at njib@charter.net or csm.blackburn@gmail.com.

Thanks and have a great day.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012