Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Default Rise and Shine Sportsfans, It's Monday!

I mean let's get going here! Time to roll out grab that mug (or maybe those six mugs) of coffee and get with it! It's time to get out there and fund your cruise habits!

A wonderful and cheerful day to all and of course it goes without saying Blessings be upon all of you, especially those of you experiencing pain or difficulty.

As we say around these parts, "Have a good 'un, fellow Cruisemates!"

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Captain

Good Morning Todd and all CM's to follow

Yes it is Monday which means that I am running late again for work as always. But I could not resist stopping by and saying "Good Morning Cruisemates"

You all have a great day.

Irish 8)

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass
all four essential food groups:
alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat."
~By Alex Levine~
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Geez Todd, do you have to be so darn cheerful on a MONDAY morning??
Sorry, I'm just a bit grumpy this morning, as not only is it MONDAY, but it's RAINING again, supposed to be THUNDERSHOWERS later, and I had to get get up extra EARLY because I am working extra hours this week to cover somebody on vacation. On top that, I woke up with a nasty headache that shows no signs of going away....
OK, I'm done complaining now, hope you all have a better start to your week!

donna
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Like Donna, it is raining again here. I will say though, Saturday afternoon the skies cleared for a bit and it was pleasant. After Church yesterday the sun came out and I basically planted myself on the deck with a fashion magazine and soaked in the Sun for several hours. I got nothing done, and I really should have, but I needed that sun time more than anything. I did go in a couple times when people needed me to attend to something, but I kept is as short as possible. Then it clouded up and the thunder began, so I went in, watched the end of the Red Sox game and played cards w dd - who I am sad to say now has less than a week left at home.

This week is just going to be crazy busy and I see no way how I can accomplish all that needs to be done, but I will try my best..I am exhausted before it even starts.

Donna I think your car is a lovely color. I know you will enjoy it immensely. I hope your headache isn't from breathing in all those new car fumes - lol

ToddDH - I love my Rib Roast rare too!

Mike M...loved your comment on planting the alpaca. I got to see many cute baby ones.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
August has not been the best month for weather around here. Today is cool, and the rain will come....

Yesterday, I was reading the obituaries, and a name looked familar. It turned out to be the son of a family who lived up the street. My daughter went to school with him, and he was only 30:(

It turned out to be an even sadder story, he had a pacemaker, and while dancing at a wedding, he had a heart attack, and passed away.... I have not been able to get it off my mind...so very, very sad.

I am off to have lunch wilth my friend since, I was 11, and she was 12..an hr or so of chit chat will ensue:)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 11th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Admiral

No Todd, I will not shine today!!!! :evil: I will admit to rising, however grudgingly.

Marj went with her oldest daughter, Lona for an ultrasound. Here is the first pictures of the triplets:

The lone fetus on the one scan is too far away from the other two to appear on the same picture. We will not know sex for a few more weeks. Babies are doing fine but Lona has severe morning (actually 24/7) sickness and has lost 15 pounds so far. The offical due date is March 3 but they could arrive any time late January on.

Weekend was spent ripping up the carpet and putting a faux wood floor in the computer room, Marj chose dark cherry which goes well with the maroon travel themed wallpaper.

We will be taking a mini-vacation this weekend driving to the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia .

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Tortola, BVI

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Aw................how wonderful, the family dynamics will soon change!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 11th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone!
Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a wonderful day....Oh nuts, it sure ain't coming this way!
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs,
A lovely but hot day in SE Florida, so far.

Doug, what a wonderful thing to be able to see your new grand children so soon. WOW!! triplets, I can remember when having twins was so rare now it seems its almost an eveeryday occurence. God bless and hope Lona morning sickness doesn't last too much longer, that is terrible.

Donna, I saw your car as we were driving home yesterday, but you weren't driving it! REally nice enjoy!!

Trip what a sad thing to happen. At least he was happy when we passed, doing something he was enjoying.

Jen, glad that you were finally able to catch a few rays and relax, you surely deserve it.

Tood, add anothr 2 peopl;e to the rare rib roast!

Wishing eveeryone a good day.
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Captain

Good morning everyone, i'm back, but I sure did enjoy being away. Wonderful pictures of the triplets, you are so lucky. Hope everyone has a great day.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Good morning...eeerrrrrr almost afternoon.

Todd you make me want to get a second job to fund my cruise addiction.

Fllady - sure wish I was back there in FL. It is sure has been a culture and temp shock coming back home this week.

RollerDonna - Take excedrin migraine then 4 hrs later advil migraine. Works everytime for me if I catch it in time.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Rise and Shine, Sports Fans, It's Monday

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Another hot one on the way.

Todd, make mine medium rare on that roast.
Doug, I LOVE that picture of Tortola! Makes me wish I were there again.
RD, easy does it. Hope you have something for that headache.

Well, I finally did it. I stayed up til midnight watching the Olympics, and it was well worth it. There were some disappointments, though. I wish Katie Hoff would have gotten that gold medal and that the gymnastics team wouldn't have had such a run of bad luck with injuries and nerves.

Can't believe that school is about to start again. Time flies and all that.

This afternon, the plumber is coming to pump out the septic tank. Isn't that exciting? Yesterday, I looked over the HAL brochure for our Jan. Circle Hawaii cruise and got a shot of goose bumps as I imagined the Zaandam pulling away from the pier. Of course, I was aboard watching as the crew tore those big hausers (I think) away freeing the ship for its departure out of San Diego. Oh, only five months away now . . .

It's gym day for Keith, and I will sort the laundry and do some other stuff I should have done instead of watching the Olympics. Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Admiral

What a great thread today! Good afternoon!

Tood, you and Irish always start my day with a smile!

And then Doug posts pics of the beautiful babies! That just puts everything into perspective. Doug, congratulations, and I'm sending my best to Lona.

Not a lot on my agenda today, just some local running around.

Everyone enjoy the rest of the day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13