Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Captain

Default Goof Thursday Morning Everyone

Hello everyone yes it is Thursday already and just 2 more days until the weekend. Boy everyone must be sleeping in. Please enjoy you extra time in that soft warm inviting bedddddddd. Wake I have to wake up and go to work.

Hope everyone has an uneventful day and remember to keep yourself safe.

Irish 8)

Éireann go Brách

May there be a generation of children
on the children of your children.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Captain

Default Goof Thursday Morning

Hey Irish, was "Goof Thursday" a mistake, or do we have to act more silly today than on other days
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All

I don't think Irish was really awake when he posted this morning!!

Going to be a bit on the rainy side here today - the dark clouds were rolling in early this morning on the way to work, we could use a little rain but not the gully washers which is what we'll probably get !

I'm at work and have much to do so maybe I'd better quit playing and get busy.

Everyone have a great day!!
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another dreary morning here. Yesterday did turn out well though!

Yesterday was busy...work, errands, then had to bring dd to meet her godson at the minigolf place where his mom dropped him off while she went to the dentist. Playing minigolf with a 4 year old brought back memories of when my kids were much smaller...
Then we had more errands. By the time I got home I was exhausted

Today I am waiting for my sil to pick me up. She is having a vow renewal service on Sat then a big reception...somehow I seem to be quite involoved. We are doing the food shopping today, tomorrow we will prepare it all.

After that I will pick up daughter to hopefully finish the errands. Then we will pick up my friend and go to visit the elderly couple we helped with the yardsale a couple of weeks ago. On Sunday he was rushed to the hospital for what they thought was a stroke. It turns out he has a brain tumor and lung cancer. His wife is very frail and can't function without him, so we are quite concerned. My daughter needs to see them before she goes back to college.

Tonight I am supposed to bring dd and my niece (the one I ususally do things with) and then another niece, on my husbands side of the family and her boyfriend to the county fair tonight. I hope it isn't raining, animal barns in the rain is not great fun.

Tomorrow will be equally busy, with getting all the food ready and also finish getting dd ready to go back to college. Sat will be the ceremony and reception. It will no doubt be a long day. We will try to get home at a fairly decent hour as our dd plane leaves at 5:30 on Sunday morning, and with a two hour drive to the airport, it will make for a short night, but dh does not want to go the night before, probably because of all the family that is in town for the anniversary gathering...

On top of that our song leader leaves on Sunday at church, so we hope to get back from airport in time for his last Sunday, but it may not happen and our Pastor's mother is not expected to last thru the weekend.

I am hoping for things to slow down soon. I am having a real hard time to keep up on everything.

Hope everyone has a nice day,
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Howdy for Houston

Good Morning All

Well we never got the expected thunderstorms yeserday in NW Houston...SE and SW got lots. Maybe today... other than that, guess what H & H. with lots of humid, but that's Houston. not complaining just stating facts.

Will help DD and her family move tomorrow so today i'll rest up and stick around the house. Tinkerbell...my mini doxie (2 yo) is hanging out at my feet and thinking resting today is a good idea.

Hope ya have a great day and enjoy it while ya can. Get er done as Larry the cable guy would say.

May God bless and keep you safe today and always and give all you need and most of what you ask for.

debbbyedoops
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning or should I say Have a great, Goofy day!!!!
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
They say showers are a comin! grrr..August jas been less than stellar this year:( Not much going on, I am going to make a "Taggie" today, for the baby and my boss's grandaughter, so I need to shlep the sewing machine out....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Calgary is set for beautiful day, with temps heading to 90 F.

I'm going to be out there sweating in a suit at an afternoon outdoor wedding. I think I'd rather be in shorts at the golf course
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Good Morning!

I slept in yesterday, yay!

And I just woke up about 15 minutes ago. I love off days

Lots to do today-clean my house, mow my yard, clean up my car, and go to the gym later. Hope everyone has a good day!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Morning All, long time no see. I have been bed-ridden since early Mon. morning. I was up early and all ready to go to work, when the dreaded back spasms hit - and I found myself on the floor, unable to move.
3 days later I can shuffle my way across the hall to sit at the computer, but it is killing me. I have to type 1- handed because I need the other one to hold myself up!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I missed all of you. Back to bed now...

donna
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Captain

I'm ready for the weekend, so ready, but here I am waiting for the work day to end. Weather has been perfect here for August, below normal temperatures. Hope everyone has a wonderful goofy day

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Admiral

GooF Evening to you all.

Have been going nonstop today. Between writing my newspaper column,other similar stufff AND washing the outside windows on the back of the house AND making a Doctor's appointment, well, the day's been hectic to say the least.

I am truly concerned Rollerdonna, to hear of your back problems having gone through a couple of spinal surgeries myself. Have you had a diagnosis of the problem by a neurologist? Severe back pain is among the most terrible of pains and it's not only in the back. Just prior to one of my surgeries as I was exiting my car, I went down like a ton of bricks thinking for a split second that someone had shot me in the rear of my left thigh (I was in full uniform and gunbelt, a fact which assisted me in my immediate conclusion). It was of course the sciatic nerve. Not only was I in absolute agony, but the only way I could get into my car was to pull myself into it.

I had been told as a kid that some day I might need surgery. I was one of those who always said, I'll never let anybody cut on MY back. Oh yeah? Got news for you sportsfans.

Hope everyone had a marvelous day and I pledge not to be so remiss in the timeliness of my future correspondence!

God's Blessings upon you all, especially on Rollerdonna and those others requiring special attention!

Todd
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Morning All, long time no see. I have been bed-ridden since early Mon. morning. I was up early and all ready to go to work, when the dreaded back spasms hit - and I found myself on the floor, unable to move.
3 days later I can shuffle my way across the hall to sit at the computer, but it is killing me. I have to type 1- handed because I need the other one to hold myself up!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I missed all of you. Back to bed now...

donna
i hope you feel better soon!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05