Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Default Another Saturday near the end of summer

Good Saturday morning fellow cruisemates and all the ships at sea!

It's so dry here in upper East Tennessee, that cutting the grass is almost becoming "a lost art." If it weren't for the grass over the septic lines........

It will also, however, be the perfect day later on for lying in a hammock between two large maples with a good book and a Mint Julep. When it comes to yours truly, the only problems that arise with that picture are: one of my large maples was killed by lightning last year and had to be taken down and Fran has a "honey do" list a mile long at the top of which includes taking her shopping today.

Well at least I'll use the above to leverage a much forbidden bag of potato chips for my Bristol race tonight.

Blessings upon all my fellow cruisemates and especially on those suffering illness or travail of any sort.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where it does look like it will be another lovely day. Imagine, this will be day five with no rain. Just wonderful!

I was working late last night on my house, cleaned both bathrooms really well, then turned to my kitchen and the front hallways. It smells good this morning, nice and clean. Hung out a load of wash this morning with another now in the machine. Then meeting friends from rescue for breakfrast.

Then this afternoon going to an A-C BBQ with a bunch of other couples that are just lovely. We all get along so well despite being very differant. I am really looking forward to this this afternoon/evening. This is a group of guys that Sam works with for a very long time and we get together every couple of months and so something.

Have a great day every one. Good luck Todd with the "to do" list!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

No sun yet, but I think it is supposed to make an appearance today.
Yesterday was fabulous.

Niece and I took a drive about 2 hours south of our home town. Our first stop was the King Arthur Flour store. It is filled with almost all of their products found in their catalog, and I spent quite a bit...yikes, it adds up fast. After our shop we each purchased a treat from their bakery and a loaf of bread to bring home. I ate a very tender, flaky blueberry danish and my niece had a raspberry square. I bought a loaf of harvest bread, filled with cranberries and nuts - toasted with a cream cheese smear is pretty heavenly. She purchased a French baguette.

Since we were so very close to the New Hampshire town of West Lebanon we hit a couple of stores - Kohls and JC Penney's.

We were home by 5 - so it was a quick trip. I expected to have a light supper of the fresh bread, wine, cheese some fresh tomatoes and cukes and fruite for supper, but dh never got home until almost 10 - so I just had blueberries and the bread toasted at about 9 when I figured out he wan't not getting home anytime soon.

It is Saturday, and while I really should devote my entire day to getting caught up, my niece wants to hit a few yard sales and the farmers market. And since people are more important, I will bring her. I really will need to get up extra early every morning next week to get stuff done.

Now I have a few phone calls to make before I head out.

TravelMike - congratulations on the retirement
Kelly- hope the dog show goes well
Trip - glad all your "parts" are in good working order!
Delft - enjoy your breakfast out
Kuki - hope your dad is feeling stronger today
MikeM - hope you have a great time with the grandkids at the waterpark

Well, my niece is texting me, so I will go...Great day to you all,
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Top 'O the morning to all my Mates around the world. It's SATURDAY, and that means only two days until the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I board the beautiful "Inspiration" for five days of total relaxation, and enjoyment! I've been thinking about what song to sing in the passengers talent show, and have decided on "Our Love is Here To Stay" (I love the standards)
I'll tip a cool one for you all, and let you know how the cruise when when we return.

Ken
"Sky"
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Well I have a question... who stole my summer? Where did it go? Just yesterday it was spring and now it is winding down, how sad...

Spent last night tweaking our plans for our trip to Europe in November. I hope all goes accordingly. We have changed a few things and ended up adding Ireland to the itinerary as well. Evidently the new Harry Potter film will not be released until next year instead of Nov. 20th as originally planned, so I guess we won't be seeing that in London.

D/H is home, but still asleep, he got in about 8:00 last night, as is d/d, but d/s and I are up and at em. I don't have much planned for today aside from getting the house clean and mowing mine and the neighbors yard (I wonder who I can find to do some of this stuff lol)

But I am happy it is Saturday, think maybe after I get my stuff done, I'll take the fam out to see a movie, if I can find anything decent at the theatre.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Fay is approaching us. We are just seeing the outer bands of the storm and just have a light rain. The "weather" people say it will be tomorrow before we get the heavy rain and wind. Looks like I will be inside for most of the week-end. Hope everyone has a great week-end.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's another late morning for me!
Todd, I can't believe it's nearing the end of the summer. It seems like it only started here in the past few days when it finally stopped raining and got a little warmer!
I cannot imagine that next week at work is the official end of the summer program, and over 1/2 our kids will be heading off to kindergarten. And the week after that we get all the new ones and another year begins...

I am hoping to be back at work by then. My physio recommended I take next week off too, do a couple more sessions, and REST!
I did just that yesterday - in the pool! It was so lovely to float around, weightless and painless for a couple hours, first time I've felt pain-free for 2 weeks!
I am feeling much better, can get around (slowly) but sitting is still the problem, and I have no strength for bending or lifting, but I will take that one day at a time.... At least it feels liberating to be able to get out of the house!
Have a great weekend Mates!

donna
Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Like Todd, we also lost a tree last night. The wind took out our apple tree. It wouldn't have lasted much longer because once it came down we saw that it was dead in the middle. It was a double loss since it was loaded with Fuji apples.

In a few hours we'll pick up the kids and head to the waterpark. Our waterpark/hotel passes are only good after 4 p.m. today until 2 p.m. tomorrow. It's actually a nice package that gives the kids fun today and tomorrow and staying at the attached hotel allows us to come and go as we wish. I'll be chlorined and water slided out by tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Another Saturday Near the End of Summer

Good morning from Southern California. Another overcast morning to enjoy before the heat comes once again.

RD, I am glad to hear that you're feeling better.
VtJen, you're making me hungry!
Ken, a cruise surely does sound nice . . .
Delft, my house could use a good scrubbing.
Todd, we won't bemoan the end of summer here in CA qujite yet, because Sept. can be really hot. It's nicest in October in SoCal.

Well, our old BBQ gave up the ghost and Keith finally admitted it. He wanted to buy new parts, but when he took it apart, the truth revealed itself! So today we go BBQ shopping.

Be safe out there . . .

Judy
Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Another Saturday Near the End of Summer

I forgot to hit "submit!" Anyway, good morning from momentarily cool Southern California. The overcast is so nice . . .

Todd, we won't bemoan the end of summer in CA quite yet, since September can be the hottest month. October is the nicest in SoCal.
VtJen, you're making me hungry!
RD, I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
Ken, a cruise surely does sound nice.
Mike, sorry about your apple tree. Our favorite apple is the "pink lady."

Well, our BBQ has gone to its happy hunting ground, and Keith finally admitted it! He wanted to buy new parts for it, but then he oipened it up, came in the house and announced, "It's shot!" So today we go BBQ shopping. We got our money's worth out of the old one, though.

Stay safe out there . . .

Judy
Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful, warm central Texas.

I had so much fun yesterday. I finally got Jim back from the military (working 12 to 15 hours a day for the last two weeks), so he asked me what I wanted to do for the day.

We went to Crawford Texas. Yes THE Crawford. I am going to do a thread by itself, for those who want to know about our trip, and so those who don't want have to spend time here.

I hope everyone is well today.

Ken, Have a great cruise!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link