Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Default Honey I'm Home,,,16

Marty, I only stay home if I don't have somewhere else to be! It's a terrible fault of mine!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
Good Evening!

dina... what makes you thing that i did not see the person that i was talking to?? soooo no photos from inside the cars??? like the back seat maybe???
Very funny. No.. I didn't hop into someones back seat. Besides, on cruise day that does not equal privacy.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Hey gang, I am back. The warden has been home so I have been busier than normal. More school work going on also. The 19th was a special day. I grew a year older but I don't feel it this time. Didn't do anything but go to lunch with my sister, brother in law and my DW. No cake, gifts, or xes. A good day actually!

She is gone now so I can find a little more time here.
Happy belated Birthday Michael. *hugs*

Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Hellloooooo HIH! I'm so ready for the weekend.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Admiral

well sugar me britches; the weekend's here and I am still working - but I got a good excuse; took a couple of hours off for a new hairstyle this morning; going to a friend's house this evening for a few hours so they will probably just dye of shock (pun intended). I wish I had my card reader so I could post a friggin pic. hmmm
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
dina,
No way can I visualize you ever having a weakend.....ooooppppps, excuse me my glasses slipped!

Martha,
Changing the color of one's hair will not fool a ceiling fan!!!!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
dina,
No way can I visualize you ever having a weakend.....ooooppppps, excuse me my glasses slipped!

Martha,
Changing the color of one's hair will not fool a ceiling fan!!!!

James now that's funny !
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning

gee marty... you tell one little story and your marked for life so you have graduated to tease!!! now we have to wonder about this new hair style. you might have been better off putting the money you spent on that camera you NEVER use in the bank, at least then you get interest.

dina... "privacy"??? i have "SEEN" your photos, somehow the idea of you being camera "SHY" dont fit!!! but we have in fact always said that you are no where as bad as you pretend to be one would think your slowing down in your old age you have my e-mail should you decide to prove me wrong

hope everyone has a good weekend
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
Good Morning

gee marty... you tell one little story and your marked for life so you have graduated to tease!!! now we have to wonder about this new hair style. you might have been better off putting the money you spent on that camera you NEVER use in the bank, at least then you get interest.

dina... "privacy"??? i have "SEEN" your photos, somehow the idea of you being camera "SHY" dont fit!!! but we have in fact always said that you are no where as bad as you pretend to be one would think your slowing down in your old age you have my e-mail should you decide to prove me wrong

hope everyone has a good weekend

Martha, dina,
Walter isn't the only one the only one that has an e mail address!

Good Morning Walter, Ready, mehawk,rescue, doid, bahamamama, Bobby, Will, redzone, and everyone else!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon!

Well, I had a really good day go right down the drain!

DH and I started out this morning, and I noticed that my keyless remote wouldn't work on my 2002 F250. Then I noticed that the driver rear door was ajar. Then DH looked inside and saw the plastic collar around the ignition had been popped off. Guess what! Someone tried to steal my truck very early this morning! They failed to get the truck because DH always put a kill-switch in all our vehicles. They didn't take anything out of the truck, they just wanted the truck. It could have been so much worse, but I'm bummed, just the same! No idea what repairs will cost, between the door locks and the ignition, and two new Interstate batteries. The ignition jammed in the on position, so they left it with the headlights on.

Anyway, that's my day ~~~~~~
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Ready,
Hope you find out who did it and your Hubby can install a "KILL SWITCH" on their......
Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Ready,
Hope you find out who did it and your Hubby can install a "KILL SWITCH" on their......
James, it's probably a good thing my DH didn't catch them in the act. I don't want to think about how he may have responded! I don't believe his first action would have been to call the police!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 24th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Admiral

I roll in this evening and find that the thread has moved to its most recent incarnation of number 16. I am fighting the new car bug bigtime. With the discounts going on right now it is difficult.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Admiral

OHHHH Shiny new home. SWEET! Thank you.

Walter - I should have taken my camera to the Julian Marley concert I went to Friday night. The music was fantastic and the crowd amazing. I'll get some pictures from my friend that I went to the concert with. It was one late night for me..... 5am.

Darlene - I'm sorry to hear about the car stealing attempt. The plus side is they didn't take your car.

James - I'll remember about your email address when I send stuff out for sure.

Marty - What the CARP did you have done? You died it hot pink right.. Mohawk??

Old August 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning All!

i hate it when i get up and the coffee isnt ready... up and adam, everybody out of bed... so how are the hangovers this morning??? should i TALK A LITTLE LOUDER??

ready... sorry to hear about your truck, i think your friends were just trying to find a way to keep you home.

Michael... the life time warranty from Chrysler sounds pretty darn good to me. but i can pretty much get 200,000+ now with minor work here and there . not too happy with Chrysler's gas mileage, and of course it would be nice not spending weekends on my back under a car. GM is back to the everybody is an employee sale. the original employee sale, plus a previous owner, plus gm dollars got my monte carlo for 8+ grand off the sticker. but for now i think we will wait and see what they come up with to offset the high gas prices. there are some electrics that GM has in the works that are pretty cool, at least on paper

James... i had you pegged as a peaceful man, not a kill switch installer
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old August 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone!

Walter,
You have me pegged correctly! I'm the most gentle, peace loving man on earth!
Old August 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Good morning!

So Marty is sporting a red mohawk, with black tips! Wow, I bet it looks great on you!

Michael, you're funny! I can't believe you're wanting a new car! You haven't had this one a full year, have you? And I bet you're looking at a Monte Carlo, again! Am I right?

And Walter, I was sleepy this morning. Keep it down!

Looks like we need to invest in a new alarm system for the truck. We've been trying to figure out why the alarm didn't sound when the door was opened. Only thing we can figure is that the alarm was disabled when the lock was jimmied. When we get the truck back from the shop, the next stop will be a new alarm system. We are looking at a Clifford alarm. What a pain in the bass!
Mariner of the Seas

Old August 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Gosh Darlene, I am sorry that your truck was vandalized/burglarized. At least it can be repaired. I have experienced the same thing before.

I am looking a 2009 Chevrolet Impala SS just like my 2008. Same color and options inside and out. It will be a second one to go with my other one. I am also considering a Tahoe or a Cadillac CTS or DTS.

I received an emial from my attorney this AM. My case was supposed to go to trial next month but it is being rescheduled. Bah humbug!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Admiral

dina... you should know by now that your camera should be standard equipment for you!! maybe you should keep it in your underwear draw or something and before the boz get started, we have photo proof that she does

as much as bj reminds me of a hippie, except she is too young, i cant picture pink on bj at all but i can picture her in a mohawk standing right next to rescue in a matching mohawk

Michael the impala is a great choice, except i could never afford the gas for a SS

ok James... i just made a note to make sure we call BEFORE stopping by
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Walter, I have an SS now. It has the cylinder deactivation and the mileage is really pretty good with it. Not to mention the zoom zoom and the throaty sound of the 303 horses flowing through the dual exhaust. 8) You should treat yourself and go test drive one at least.

Old August 25th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning 8)

well Michael the chicks are grown and flying... but for some strange reason they keep flying back to the nest besides retirement is the current focus, it was hard enough thinking about getting that on track, and the way things are going with the economy that might take a bit more than originally planed :evil:
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Admiral

wow another new home; thanks Mike

cars - yummy - I want the new Challenger that is coming out, but of course, I will have to drive the "wanna be a real car" a/k/a Dodge Caliber for a couple more years; the gas mileage is to good to make the switch.

dina: I bet that was a fun concert !! lots of people watching as well.

we went to the Bucs game; we lost ( but that was the first game I have been to that I didn't need binoculars to see the field; we were about 12 rows from the front... pretty neat to actually be that close

rescue and I with Mohawks - now that would be a picture

Darlene - now that is terrible - did the police get any fingerprints; any luck with catching the bad guys - what a big pain in the Bass; at least your hubby had the kill switch installed.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH!!

Michael - I hope you get your new car soon.

James aka Wolf in Sheepskin

Marty - It was GREAT for people watching. A very diverse crowd.

Darlene - sorry about the alarm you have to get.

Its another beautiful day here. Today after work I'm going to a Toledo Mudhens game. I can't wait. yes..I'm taking my camera.

Old August 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

I can't complain about getting a new car, afterall, my 2008 Impala has only 7,000 miles on it. I read, with interest today, where the Farmers' Almanac is predicting a colder than usual winter this year. I think I'll be heading to the "accountant" this next couple of months and will buy into more natural gas stocks. I own some now but more is good.

I hung some curtains in DW's windows last night and the place looks different now. I had turned the a/c off off a few hours because I can't handle the chill anymore (must be the cruising in my blood now) and when I turned it back on for the night, it ran all night it seemed. I thought that it might have broken. But, as I awoke this morning, it is freezing in here but it is warmer downstairs by at least 10 degrees. That is strange. I have realized what the problem is. The return air is upstairs at the top of the stairs and a return air vent is needed downstairs. Another project to do.

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Admiral

wow we are a bunch of CLOCK holders heee heee; except for James

hey James where is your clock; Rescue is missing one too? ?
so the countdown:
Darlene 9 days
Mehawk 82 days
Walter less days than us.. haha - is this official or you still looking?
Dina&Martha 182 days.....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Admiral

marty, booked and half paid for but i am pretty sure i will end up canceling this one in november. this is the one where the air is over a grand for the 14 to the 22, the best i have gotten it down to is 8+ and leaving the 13, so by the time you add the hotel for the extra night we are right back where i started :evil: the air should be less than 2 pp round trip from here, and is weeks before and weeks afterthe date i need. i was told that week is like that because of races that week?? i refuse to pay three (3) times the normal rate. i really should just cancel now so i dont keep aggravating myself everytime i check the air :evil: it would have been nice to sneak this one in because i am pretty sure there will not be another for a very long time
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

walter - why not check out some of the cheaper airlines? usa 3000 or allegiant air or jet blue? The only one I see with prices right now is thru usa3000. the other two only go thru 1/31. I think you will be able to book it for some decent prices.

Ready - so sorry to hear about the vehicle break in.

I'm gonna need 200 or 600 for my pre-payment for the next cruise. We are looking into taking the kids. The oldest DOESNT want to go but the two younger ones do. I think we would be the prime poster child for that Royal Caribbean commercial where the one daughter will NEVER smile until she is on a jet ski.

Apparently the PVP that I emailed on some info about a cruise - their office flooded from Fay so they are in temporary office recovery space this week. Very interesting I thought.

The kids start school tomorrow so it is bed time for them here in 20 minutes. They will not be able to sleep all night. I can hear them now and I can see myself getting very irritated being woke up a million times over.

Good night everyone.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

I WILL SAY IT NOW - YES I AM A BIT SLOW!!!

I just noticed we are on HIH 16. I've been a bit preoccupied lately.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Martha,
For some reason I can't get a clock posted. Anyway we are booked for Feb. 7th on the bloggers cruise out of N.O. 3rd time on the Fantasy
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
wow we are a bunch of CLOCK holders heee heee; except for James

hey James where is your clock; Rescue is missing one too? ?
so the countdown:
Darlene 9 days
Mehawk 82 days
Walter less days than us.. haha - is this official or you still looking?
Dina&Martha 182 days.....

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Closed Thread