Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default I Need Cruise Help!!!

Okay,

I am in the process of booking all of the excursions for our B2B in December.

Everything was going well until I got to Nassau.

I first went to the excursion area of Carnival to get an idea of what there is to do, then I went to the cruise web sites to see what others do, and to get names of independent companies.

I struck out all the way around.

So, I saw that Atlantis is the most popular attraction, so I checked into going there. The guys would enjoy the water park and the aquarium.

It is almost 700.00 for tickets!!! We will only be there from 7:00 to 2:00 in port.

I heard from others about getting a room for the day at Comfort suites, which gives you a free ticket to the park for every member booked at the hotel.

For the day we are there it would be almost 400.00

Someone please tell me what you have done before when you were there.

Please don't say stay on the ship. One of the reasons for cruising is to see the ports and have fun.

Thanks guys

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Admiral

that does not sound right..hopefully someone has visited there recently and can give you the correct information

last time I was there the Playboy Resort was still open so that's where I spent my "day"
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yeoman

We did the Yellowbird Party Boat. They have an open bar (well drinks), a great staff, and limbo contests. They drop you off at Blackbeards Cay for a couple of hours of beach time, then back onboard for more fun and games. When you pull back into the dock in front of Carlos and Charlies the boat is really rocking and gets everyone's attention. A local bahamian boy kept trying to sell us some seashell jewelry. My girl said she'd give him $5 if he would dance wit her and he agreed. The video clip I took with my digital camera is priceless. We had a little time left so we had a plate of nachos and a couple more drinks at Carlos an Charlies. It was a great time.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

That sounds more like a day rate, rather then for those specified activities...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentravelin
We did the Yellowbird Party Boat. They have an open bar (well drinks), a great staff, and limbo contests. They drop you off at Blackbeards Cay for a couple of hours of beach time, then back onboard for more fun and games. When you pull back into the dock in front of Carlos and Charlies the boat is really rocking and gets everyone's attention. A local bahamian boy kept trying to sell us some seashell jewelry. My girl said she'd give him $5 if he would dance wit her and he agreed. The video clip I took with my digital camera is priceless. We had a little time left so we had a plate of nachos and a couple more drinks at Carlos an Charlies. It was a great time.
Who did you book this with?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Yeoman

Carnival
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Okay, I will have to look again. I don't remember seeing it.

Thanks
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 24th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Luanne,
Did they charge you the two day minimum when you got the pricing for Comfort Suites? If so, try pricing it out at choicehotels.com instead. I found this on Tripadvisor. It was a post from 2007, so not sure how accurate it is, but it may be worth checking out:

"Hopefully I am going to answer everyone's question regarding DAY PASSES at Atlantis. My family is going on a cruise in August 2007 and one of ports of call is Nassau, Bahamas. The first thing I thought was....ATLANTIS. After much research and actually calling Atlantis I was informed by Atlantis that there are 3 options for a day pass to Atlantis for persons not actually staying at the resort. The options are: (1) for $29.00 pp you get a tour of the Dig/Aquariums. (2) for $55.00 pp you get the tour of the dig/Aquariums and access to all Atlantis resort beaches and lagoons, which includes lounge chairs, towels, etc. (3) for $115.00 pp you get the dig/Aquariums, the resort beaches/laggons and access to the resort pools and water slides, etc. If anyone needs more info contact Atalntis at (242) 363-3000. Everyone has access to resort restaurants and shops."
here's another post:
You can purchase a day pass that allows you to use the full water park facilities. It costs $105 for adults and $75 for children. For information, call the park at 1-888-528-7155.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I Need Cruise Help!!!

Luanne,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Okay,

I am in the process of booking all of the excursions for our B2B in December.

Everything was going well until I got to Nassau.

I first went to the excursion area of Carnival to get an idea of what there is to do, then I went to the cruise web sites to see what others do, and to get names of independent companies.

I struck out all the way around.

So, I saw that Atlantis is the most popular attraction, so I checked into going there. The guys would enjoy the water park and the aquarium.

It is almost 700.00 for tickets!!! We will only be there from 7:00 to 2:00 in port.

I heard from others about getting a room for the day at Comfort suites, which gives you a free ticket to the park for every member booked at the hotel.

For the day we are there it would be almost 400.00

Someone please tell me what you have done before when you were there.

Please don't say stay on the ship. One of the reasons for cruising is to see the ports and have fun.

Thanks guys
I took a shore excursion that was basically a day at Breezes All-Inclusive Resort. The beach was great, and the resort also offered a nice buffet lunch, a burger and hotdog stand, unlimited beverages, unlimited use of lounges, umbrellas, and its pools, and plenty of activities -- all included in the price. The shore excursion package also included motorcoach transportation to the resort and back to the ship. IIRC, the price was about $70 per person.

Norm.
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Thank you Norm,

I thought about that, but all the reviews say that it has gone down very fast over the last year. Things like dirty, and unorganized.

I appreciate the suggestion.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 27th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Luanne,
I'd probably vote for the Yellowbird too.....we did it several years ago and it was a hoot.
Angela Z.
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Admiral

I checked on the yellow bird and it is no longer offered, or at least not right now.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Depending on how long your day is in Nassau you might just want to be out on your own. You an take the water taxi too Paradise Island and walk to Atlantis. It is probably about 5 dollars. I've been to Atlantis a few times and I do not recall having to buy a ticket to see the aquarium. They offer a guided tour but if you just want to poke around and watch the fish, no need for a tour. Don't waste the 55 bucks. If you will be doing beaches all week then this might be the day to skip it. The beaches in the Bahamas are not nearly as nice as some of the other islands you will probably be visiting. yellowbird and some of the cheap beach breaks are ok there. I have heard good things about the booze cruises if you like that sort of thing. Nassau really doesn't offer that much by way of excursions. I did the America's sup sailing there. It is expensive and I did enjoy it but I enjoyed it more in St Maartean.
Old August 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Admiral

One of the nices cruise days we had was on this island.

We got off the ship,and we were with three other friends, so we were a group of six. We approached one guy who was doing a larger tour, ( he was lisenced) but he mentioned that his wife was doing smaller tours with the mini van and was coming in half an hour. We waited, Well, we had a WONDERFUL GREAT TIME> She was with us for almost three hours time, took us every where and because she could see we were interested in daily life, health care, eduication.politics and so on, we discussed all of that. We went to Atlantis, and walked through it all, the fish water tanks and so on. We dd not go to the beach. It was great though. Then we were dropped off in town and we walked and we walked and we walked, saw so many buildings, had ice cream, went to some of the shops, we in particular visited some very old churches, they were beautiful, It was a beautiful wonderful day, then we went back to the ship and we got some pool time in and all in all, I remember it quite well, so I suggest just getting off and finding a tour guide you click with, we did and it was great.