Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Captain

Default Wake Up it is Monday

Good Morning Cruise Mates

Yes it is Monday and the start of a new week. Time to rise and shine.

Well I am running late this morning after spending the weekend at our local EMA office, Thanks to Fay, it feels like I did not have a weekend.

Well I have to leave for work so you all have a great day.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All! Irish, I must regretfully decline your kind invitation to wake up as it is not on my schedule until much later in the week .

Marj's youngest had her annual followup exam. She is now six years in remission from Lymphoma and is doing well. She will turn 20 on Halloween. There were times we feared that she would not make it this far. She enters training to be a dialysis technican in September.

Marj's oldest is improving little by little and is now able to keep some food down. The babies are doing well. We just take this day by day and pray that both Lona and the babies come through the pregnancy ok.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Casteries Harbor St Lucia

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 25th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Admiral

A Great Monday Monday morning to you Irish, Doug and all who follow.

That is such wonderful news Doug that Marj's youngest is doing better and remains in remission after six years! Fran's chemo nurse has herself been in remission for twenty years so please tell her there's no end in sight! We'll certainly add her to our prayer list.

And was marvelous news about your mother-to-be and the triplets.

It is certainly a glorious morning for you, Doug. Hope everyone else's week starts out as well.

Fran was tickled that I was able to impart some culinary ideas to you Donna. I have to remember scalloped or potatoes au gratin for one of these Sundays as well. I put some serious Vidalia onions in my potatoes.

I've already told Fran that I want Southern Fried Chicken (just chicken, salt, pepper and flour shaken in a paper bag and Fran told me to add it should be fried in Crisco brand shortening (the solid kind - not the oil)), mashed potatoes with milk gravy (nothing more than flour and milk, salt and pepper added to all the bits left along with a little of the shortening in the bottom of the skillet), sweet corn, soup beans (pintos slow cooked all day with a large ham bone until the water thickens into almost a gravy consistency) and homemade biscuits. We haven't had that meal (my all time favorite) in years because Fran doesn't like the mess it can entail. I told her I'd fix it. When she envisioned THAT mess, she acquiesced to do it herself. Now that, my friends is TRUE Southern comfort food!

God's blessings upon each of you with special attention to those needing it most.

Todd
Old August 25th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates!

It is back to a rainy dark morning today. The breeze should be blowing the clouds out soon.

Yesterday we went to a friends home to help them get an old laptop we gave them connected to their wireless modem. No success - we will get them a new wireless card, as the one it has now is defunct.
While there my dd called my cell in almost hysteria. Her best friend from high school - had called her to tell her that her father had passed away that morning. It is so horribly sad, when this girl was about 7 her mom died of breast cancer. They moved to this area a few years later when the dad remarried, which didn't work out. Then dd and this precious girl became friends. Her dad was on the road a lot for work, so she was basically a permanent fixture at our house. The last summer she was here after her high school graduation her dad moved back to the Boston area to find an apartment an job so she stayed with us all summer.

We just all feel terrible. They hadn't told anyone he had cancer. This is my dd first full week of classes so there is no way she can fly up to Boston at the moment. We will try to arrange for her to go up on her fall break which is really just a long weekend. I have had to make phone calls to the friends here to let them know... it just isn't a fun task, but the only one I can lend myself too being so far away...

Today I must try to get stuff done. I am so very far behind in everything. This week is already booking up swiftly...how is it that there is just always so much that needs to be done?

Dh got called out at 3:15 and I never really got back to sleep, so I am already starting the week tired.

Doug - what good news about both girls!
Todd - wow that meal sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it is pretty tasty.
Keep talking about all that good food, and you might find me making a detour when I head down to Tenn in Dec for dd college grad.
Delft - you are in my prayers and thoughts -
RD -don't over do...sounds like you did a lot yesterday

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Admiral

IT"S MONDAY, and me and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) are going out the door to board the beautiful Carnival "Inspiration" for a week of fun, sun, and relaxation. See y'all about next Saturday.

Ken
"SKY"
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I always get sad this time of year, as the summer winds down...My son's birthday was yesterday, and my other 2 kids birthdays are on the same day, Sept 7th, so within 2 wks. I have 3 birthdays, Add my sil into the mix and next week, since they are camping, we will celebrate 4 birthdays! OY!

The Dr. assured me all my parts are doing well, yet I just don't feel up to snuff, so I am just going to rest today..

Doug, I'm glad your girls are doing well...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Well everyone, I have my work cut out for me today, as I now have to make up for goofing off Thursday and a good part of Friday. I have to keep pushing the kiddos on their schoolwork as it is very important toget that done in a timely manner. My goal is to have the first semester wrapped up by the time we leave for Europe, so when we return in December we can start our exam reviews for midterm testing.

Sometime late yesterday the temps dropped and the humidity disappeared. It is beautiful outside and I'd love to get the kids out for a bike ride down the nature trail if we can get our work done today.

Take care all!
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all!!!!
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Captain

Good Morning to all. The only thing good about this week is that we get a 3 day weekend at the end of it But once again here we are. Hope everyones day is Bright and Sunny.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Today looks to be a rainy day. Glad I'm inside. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Had a fantabulous weather weekend in Calgary. Today is supposed to be more of the same, but mid week temps seem to be heading closer to fall-like readings.

After an on the go weekend I think today will be a restful day (an advantage of being unemployed ).
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we've had a drastic drop in temperature.
Yesterday was so hot 'n humid, today is only 18C (64F), sunny, but very windy. Summer sure was short....

Well here it is, another Monday (Floridanamaw, I LOVE your graphics!) and I feel strange not going to work. I am supposed to stay home another week, but my aim is to go in for the all-important Orientation meeting on Thursday.
No kids, no physical work, just all-day meeting for the new year. Don't know if I can sit that long, but maybe by then.....

Doug, so glad to hear Marj's youngest is doing well. I have a co-worker who's husband has been undergoing chemo for lymphoma since Christmas.
He was supposed to be finished around the time I stopped work, so I don't know how he is doing, but we are all pulling for him.
Also good news about the mom-to-be and the triplets! I'll be sending her prayers and good wishes too!

Todd, you made my mouth water with that meal! Sounds like a heart-attack on a plate, but must be oh, so tasty!

Trip, feel better!

VTJen, sorry to hear about your dd's friend. I remember you mentioning her before. Must be hard to be so far away and not able to help.

Well, this has become long enough! You'd think I have nothing better to do! (I don't!)

Have a good day all!

donna
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Wake Up It's Monday

Good morning from Southern California. The heat continues.

And speaking of chemo, this afternoon, I see the doctor about the lymph node enlargement. I hope the news is good.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates friends!

Todd, that chicken recipe is good but watch your arteries!

Ken, ya'll have fun! Wish I were going also.

Kuki, I read your editorial. Great story!

Have a great day everyone!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Monday everyone!
We had a very pleasent weekend in SantaBarbara at a dog show..I had to pull double duty showing both the bulldogs and the Chinnies..Ddidnt win the big prize but had fun anyways..

There was a double stabbing right down the street from us in Chino HIlls..Pretty scary stuff,..the news media are crawling all over the place..

22 more days till we cruise Alaska again! The cooler temps will be much appreciated as its been very warm lately..

I took this on our cruise to Alaska last year..

I hope everyone is doing well and on the mend!

Kelly

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM
First Mate

Dear Cruisemates and especially Ken and Vita,
I hope you have a wonderful trip. How lucky you are to get to go on more than one cruise in a year. We want a full and detailed report when you get back.

jojo and ed