Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Default The Overcast Draws it's Curtain on Tuesday

Leastways, that's what occurred in East Tennessee today and blessedly so. The steady rain virtually all day has done a lot to at least temper the serious drought entrenched in our area. The forecast is for more tomorrow as well.

Hope everyone had a pleasant and safe Tuesday. Had a bit of a scare ourselves as Fran's temp started rising late this afternoon for no apparent reason. I started her on Levaquin probably a bit early (we're both a little gun shy) but in any event it began dropping and is now down too 99.2.

I'll now be able to sleep tonight.

Don't oversleep tomorrow Irish, you're on deck to get things started first thing in the morning -- Hump Day!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
First Mate

Todd and Fran,
Hugs to Fran. So glad that her temperature went down. She is so lucky to have you watching out for her. After many years of drought in Colorado we have finally gotten some rain this summer. A blessing if it prevents forest fires.
Sleep well and God Bless both of you.

jojo
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Jojob,

Thank you so much for your comforting words.

As a matter of fact, todays rainfall extinguished a decent sized forest fire (for this area of the country at least) about thirty miles from here and what appeared to be another very small one that I could see on my way out from town as I headed home.

Todd
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Admiral

It was a beautiful sunny day here in Indiana. Got lots of work done. Had a great time schooling and playing with the kids.

Next week d/h will be home with us all week. No work for him. He called me today so excited. He just got off the phone with Indiana University and found out that all of his credits from the college he attended in Canada will transfer down here, so that basically eliminated a year of coursework he has to do. Thank God for that. I am so happy to hear that!

Been working on the Blogger's cruise stuff. Looks like most of my family is joining us. They all want to go and it looks as though we'll have quite a turn out from our clan. Today was my Dad's 80 something birthday so I went ahead and booked him and Mom to go for his present. There should be at least 8 of us on this trip. I am sure we'll all have a hoot!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Admiral

It rained here for a short while. I had to work on my tomato and bell pepper plants as th eaphids are trying to eat them up. I hope I saved them. The tomato plant is looking better tonight but the pepper plant...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.