Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday! The weekend is coming!

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is earlier than I've seen for 3 weeks!
I am attempting to go in to work today because we have our essential, annual Orientation meeting to prepare for the new school year.
No kids, no physical labour, just meetings. If I can sit through that for a few hours, it will be a miracle.
It will be nice to see everyone again, many have been off all summer and I miss them!

Take care everyone, have a great day!

donna
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another restless night...I just can't seem to get a good nights sleep lately.
Last night I just kept thinking about all I need to do.

I need to get the new camera before I sale. I think I have narrowed it down to either a Canon Rebel Xsi - 12 mp or the Xti 10 mp. I will add on a zoom lens too I believe. I really need to get this ordered and here in quick order.

I have never had a short countdown clock and it is freaking me out. I have always had months to really study the boards, learn lots about the ship, the ports, the excursions and what to pack. I do not have that luxury this time.

You would think that I should know how to dress for Canada in the fall, but all of a sudden I am brain dead...I guess I am so used to packing for Balmy Seas and Tropic Isles, that I am not sure how to combine ship and port outfits for this cruise.

I need to be at the office early today to watch my friends little girl. Then try and get all paperwork finished. Home to make the elderly couple a meal, and my friend. Then eat...then dh and I must head back to Church for a meeting.

RD - glad you are feeling better
Trip - are you feeling any better
Fran - I hope you are better today - that the fever is gone, and you are feeling stronger.
Gustav - please dissapate!

Wishing you all a pleasant day,
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Admiral

And a great big, "How are you'uns doin' out there this mornin'??!!"

Donna,

Well bless your heart youhng lady. But please don't push it at work and if you start hurting, get home quick.

VTJen,

I am so excited for you as well......and as I said previously, not a little envious.

Thank you so much for asking about Fran. She is in bed with a low grade temp (we thought it had passed but it either hadn't or returned very quickly) and we're pretty sure of the source, a severe sore throat. Consequently, I'm continuing with the Levaquin (her standby high powered antibiotic). She's going to call her oncologist this morning. I'd be lying were I not to admit we're both a little scared. She is also very frustrated from having to live with worrying about getting a fever from every little thing. I told her we'll both get through htis together by taking each day as it comes and worrying about "what if's" does neither of us any good.

Blessings upon each of you and special prayers are offered for those suffering illness or travail of any sort.

Todd[/b]
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Jen, you and I could have visited (during the night) and compared our to-do lists and all the other things running through our sleepless brains. I booked our Alaskan cruise 2 weeks ago, and like you, I just seem to be going in circles, trying to decide what to pack. I'm from the South! We don't have winters down here!

My eyes popped open at 4:00 and I finally gave up and got out of bed at 5:00. I'm assuming I'll get sleepy in a little while, and I'll get another nap in.

Keeping my eyes on "Gus." I wonder if we will get much news on the storm, once we are in Anchorage? For some reason, I'm thinking not.

RD, don't push yourself too hard today. I know you will be glad when your back heals.

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates. It is a nice comfortable 77 here in Lakeland right now. Day off for me, not a lot planned for my day. I might just go out for lunch later. Possibly I will go enjoy the pool this afternoon. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 28th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All, it's a bit warm this morning at 6 :00 a.m, 77 degrees.
We're to reach 90 today with lots of humidity - the feel like temp is to be about 100. Since, we've not had a day like that for some time, I know we're due for some sort of storm this evening and into tomorrow. And, I'm sure the weather down south isn't helping our situation any!

Hope everyone has a great day - and those of you getting ready to cruise - just take a deep breath and exhale - you'll all do fine I've got confidence in all of you!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's another coolish day here, promises of what is to come. Jen, I went out yesterday for the firt time this week. Thanks for asking..I went over to T J Maxx..bought a top on sale, for the cruise in Feb..also bought a bedspread, which has to go back today..it was marked a king and it's not..grrrr.

Rd, if you get the sci -fi channel they are going to broadcast, Lost, from the very beginning in mid Sepetember.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 28th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all from the sunshine state

Keeping an eye on the storm..

Have a blessed day. VT congrats on the upcoming cruise..enjoy it.
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. We are also keeping an eye on Gustav. It's way to early to predict where he will go, one slight turn to the east would send him our way. I don't wish him on anybody, but don't come here. I don't think areas from N.O. east to Biloxi could take another storm, they have not recovered from Katrina.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Morning all, what a day, I was up and out early, then home then out, and just back and will head to office shortly. I had a "run in " at the post office. A women, cutts the line, rude, asks for the postal code book. Obviously she couldnt use it, fine, but she starts yelling and screaming to be served first, the women at the counter, an older lady I know well, says politely she will help her when it is her turn. This chickie has the nerve to call the manager and complain and say she waited 1/2 an hour in line and the counter person was rude..........well, she didnt count on the three customers in line who waited their turn and we just jumped right in and said if any oen was rude it was her etc. It was unbelievable, chickie in her high heals and low cut skin tight dress thinks she can get her way by screaming and yelling. Uh Uh, ain't going to happen. Any ways, she got so mad, she high tails it out of there and falls flat on her face as she could barely walk in her spike heals. Thats what you get with a temper........

Weather is hazy and humid today. I was told today I look tired. Geez thanks, but I do kind of look old haggy so I better do something about that before an important meeting tonight.

Jen, you will have fun for sure. Look, nothing is perfect, it is true it is an older ship, but I will be honest and say that you are getting away, the price is great and I personally like NCL a great deal and we really do look for trips that are with them as we totally love planning where we will eat and when our selves. Our fav ships are Dawn, Gem and Spirit in that order. I think you will have a great time!
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy, Virginia Beach. Last night we went out to dinner with a couple that we had met on our first cruise. Yes, I must admit you do make some endearing friends on a cruise. Anyway, yesterday morning I did take advantage of the the end of season sales and picked up some clothing at 75% off at Dillards. I will wait until after Labor Day to see if they have reduced the prices even more to pick up some clothing for my grandchildren. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day!
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Captain

Good morning from the show me state. One more day to go till the weekend Yaeh!!! I'm ready! Gonna be a hot one today, but then suppose to cool down. I only have 3 more fence sections left to do on my picket fence. I plan on finishing it this weekend. Hope I can get DH to dig the fence post holes for me. It goes much faster when he helps Well hope everyone has a good day . Don't work to hard!

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday! The Weekend is Coming!

Another good morning from an overcast Southern California. Wish it would stay this cool all day!

Todd, I hope Fran gets well really quickly.
RD, I hope you do well today, too.

We had a wonderful time last night. We had dinner at Ruby's Diner (not the original one in Huntington Beach, Donna!) and saw "A Chorus Line."
It's the third time I've seen this show. I can remember playing the CD and attempting those chorus girl kicks! Darned near killed myself! Definitely not for "ladies of a certain age" to try!

Keith plans to go to Flabab today. I have that ultra sound on that lymph node this afternoon, so I won't stray too far from home.

Have a good day!

Judy