Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Sunset on Labor Day Weekend

Whooowee! It's Friday night on a three day weekend and for the younger party hardy set, time to get fueled and get crankin' on the music.

Now we who are a bit older on the other hand..........

But that doesn't mean we can miss those days!

Fran and I will be having a quiet weekend. For all of you wonderful folks who are thinking of Fran, athough she still feels lousy, her temperature is back down. She remains though very weak and is quite frustrated over her inability to "bounce back."

Well, one thing that probably didn't help my wife's bit of depression was having to shell out $75 bucks to find out our dishwasher was unrepairable.

Found a new one at Lowe's. I couldn't believe we found a truly affordable Bosch with a Stainless steel tub. The thing was $589 but over Labor Day weekend it's on sale for $520. What cemented the deal for me was that that we received free delivery and free installation (because the unit was over $500 or thereabouts) saving us about $135 and because Lowe's is installing it we also didn't have to pay over $60 in sales taxes. It turned out to be a very good deal indeed. Then to top it off, we have one year to pay it off at no interest. My wife (the self taught financial wizard) will have it paid for probably by October, but it's nice to have that leeway.

BUT, I'll still be if not chief cook at least chief bottle washer until later next week.

Hope all you'uns have a fantastic holiday weekend!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Good evening Todd, glad to hear you had such a successful shopping day!
Also glad to hear Fran is feeling better, and I certainly understand her frustration about not being able to "bounce back". I had a particularly painful and frustrating day myself - probably tried to do too much yesterday!

Got our weekend off to a nice start by treating ourselves out to dinner tonight, then did some shopping for a birthday present for our granddaughter. That's all the excitement I can take for one day!

donna
Old August 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Good night, Todd and Donna.

Yes, a holiday used to be a time to party . Now it's a time to stay home and off the roads . I won't even go shopping except for the grocery store.

I hope everyone is feeling better. I think I'm finally starting to feel better from my surgery in July, but everytime I say that I wake up in pain and I'm getting very tired of it.

Hope you all have a nice holiday weekend,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 29th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Fern - hang in there, I bet all of a sudden you will wake up and just feel a lot better. Give your self a little more time.
The last surgery took a lot out of me and I just feel a little bouce coming back, and mine was in Jan.

Fran - hoping you feel stronger every day!

RD - don't over do. Glad to hear you won't be headed right back to work, you will need a bit more time to build back some strength and agility.

Todd - does this mean you will be making that awesome friend chicken meal this weekend you were lickin' your lips at a few days ago?

Sweet Dreams All,