Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default So, Tell us...

How do you use Cruisemates? Are you a roamer, and cruise the site, stopping at lots of ports? [forums] Or, do you pretty much have a certain itinerary, and don't veer off course very much? Or, are you a lurker, if so, we would love to see your first post, and a big welcome to you!

Do you only look at the cruise line forum, you have cruised on last, or only for your upcoming cruise line?

Do you look at cruise line forums that, you hope one day you might want to sail on, like Crystal, Seabourn etc, to get a feel for those ships...

Do you want to add your agita to the Cruise Gripe board, or get a giggle at the jokes forum? Styles at Sea, Food & Hotels.

I hope you check out the front page, cruise reviews, cruise bargains. photo of the week, & hot topic of the week, it could be yours!!

There is so much valuable information to share here, I hope every cruiser will roam the boards and check it all out! Sharing opinions and being a part of this growing community is the spirit of Cruisemates...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Admiral

I cruise around. Of course there are some ports I usually visit every day and others just every so often.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Admiral

I kinda bounce around between the forums; but always check here and the Jokes forum every day.

Then I get to the RCCL forum and Gripes next.

After that, once a week or so, I'll get to the other forums.

Old September 8th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

I usually depends on what I have for time. Sometimes it is just Chit-Chat.
If I am planning a cruise or recently went on a cruise I peruse more, to ask questions, or answer questions or be able to give reviews/opinions. If I haven't cruised in awhile I don't share much on cruise related issues if I feel my info/opinion is outdated.

I like to read the written articles as well...
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Captain

I've become a lurker lately since moving to Wisconsin and no cruise on the books!

I've always checked out the home page and read articles of interest.

I still check chit-chat to see how people are doing!
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

I also am a bouncer. I come here almost every morning to see how everyone is doing. and also have a few cruises on the meet on Board section. I only once in a while have to check on some information, because we stick to the same cruiselines, and have been on enough cruises to know what to expect.
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Admiral

I guess I am a Chit Chatter. I come here every morning to see how all my Mates are doing, and usually check in at least once or twice again during the day. (and more often when I'm stuck at home like the past 4 weeks!).

I also check out the home page occasionally, always check MOB to see if anybody else is on my cruise (if I have one booked), and of course, check the Cruise Line and Destinations sites if I am researching a cruise or trying to pick a shore excursion.
I also try to visit as many sites as I can as moderator, in order to help answer any questions I can help with (with my vast experience! )

Oops! almost forgot the Photo Gallery! When I'm between cruises, I love to go to the gallery and cruise vicariously through the photos that other Mates have posted!

donna
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Being a relative newbe, I am as is RDonna, primarily a Chit-Chatter with semi-frequent checks on the Royal Caribbean thread.

I always checkout the homepage and often read the articles (many of which I enjoy reading because I learn so much from them (especially Paul's and Kuki's)). I read the others avoiding those by some guy who fancies himself some kind of writer. I keep wondering why he insists on making a jackass out of himself.

I'll expand my education as to other threads as time passes.

Todd
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Admiral

Most often just chit chat. I enjoy reading differant points of view and see how regulars are doing. I do go over to one thread more often than not and that is NCL although at times I really dislike it as there are a couple of posters, one in particular that flames to a degree that it bothers me if any one says anything against NCL. ( a line I happen to like a great deal but still feel peole are entitled to their opinions even if negative). I dont really read much on the home page, I will start but some gets to long winded or they contain information that as a person who has travelled alot in my life time is for me not new info. I will look for photos in the gallery on a ship I plan to take as I like to visualize before I go. I some times went to cruise bargains but they wern't what we want or from where we want ( New York departures are what we look most for ) so I rarely look there now, so I guess in summary it is really only chit chat for me and some times NCL.
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Captain

Hey RD and ToddDH

I am right there with you, I am a Chit Chatter. That's right friends I check "chit chat" a couple of times a day. I stop by to see how everyone is doing and what is going on in their neck of the woods.

Because I check out other sites and maintain a couple of home pages and still try to find time for my job I occasionally have time to check out the home page. I also talk to several folks on the MOB site who will be on our next cruise.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:38 PM
First Mate

This forum was my first - I was a lurker for a while then started posting. I find the 'veteran' cruisers are very knowledgble and although I have been on a few (11) cruises - I still come here for answers to my questions. People on this site are very friendly and genuine. I'm becoming addicted to CruiseMates
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

I usually try to check out the homepage and articles frequently. If I am planning a cruise I search for 'insights' and answers. The rest of the time I bounce around, sometimes adding my 2-cents. I 'lurked' on cruisemates for more than a year before I logged on.
Nona
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Admiral

I'm a lurker I never post.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: So, Tell us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
How do you use Cruisemates? Are you a roamer, and cruise the site, stopping at lots of ports? [forums] Or, do you pretty much have a certain itinerary, and don't veer off course very much?
I roam, but don't veer off course much. Because I don't have a private Internet connection here in Iraq, my time online is limited, so tend to post questions and polls about my upcoming cruises, and try to Meet On Board, and I also like to ask questions and post polls about other topics that interest me, such as Paris Hilton, in the Chit Chat area.
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Admiral

I am basically a chit-chatter, but when I do need information about a port or who is going on the same cruise, I do check the other features on the site. I have found my fellow cruisemates to be friendly, helpful, and always willing to share ideas. I am so glad that I found Cruisemates on the web!
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Lately I am a mostly a lurker, reading different forums mostly HAL, RCL and
chit -chat. Going on Jewels of the Seas soon so I have been reading on my next cruise.
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM
First Mate

I am not here as much as I would like to be, but I usually check out the cruise reveiws on my next cruise. try to check out chit-chat at least once a week.

Grant
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
I'm a lurker I never post.
Yeah right buddy!

I browse around a lot- I was very focuesd on posting when we were helping manual get to 300 pages in the Jokes forum- mostly I cruise the jokes, the princess page and such . . . often conversing with cool cats like katlady & CQ
Grandeur of the Seas, 8/99
Mercury, 11/98
Century, 10/97
Fascination, 10/96
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am here almost daily, mostly looking. I go directly to the Carnival page but that's because that is the line we usually cruise with. Sometimes I stop and say a word or two (ok, sometimes more than that!!). If there is a post that I think I can answer, I love to help.

BUT, if I'm ever sad or need advice, Cruise Mates is the only one that I will come to. This is where I know I will get answers/responses and not get yelled at or told I'm stupid or thats not right etc etc etc.

I have truly found the people on this site to be extremely friendly and certainly helpful whenever I post or start a topic no matter what it is..

So, although I don't post often, I am always reading what you guys are saying.

I feel really good when coming here so please don't anyone stop what you're doing.... THANK YOU....