Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Captain

Default It's Wednesday

Good Morning All

Yes it is Wednesday, another day to go to work, but more importantly another day to finish one of the items on my "Honey Do List".

We are also counting the days until our annual cruise and we finally broke that elusive 160 day window. I know that it is still a long way off but it is closer then when we booked.

You all be careful today and have the best day possible.

Irish 8)

Todd - We are keeping Fran and you in our prayers.

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure He must be knowing
The earth has angels all too few
And Heaven is overflowing.
~Irish Blessing
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Well here I sit. I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep. So I got up, made some coffee. D/H got up eventually, got ready to go and I sent him off to work. It is really strange to get up with him and see him go off to work in the morning. Reminds me of when we first got married. I've had a home office, even when I wasn't self-employed. So he would get up early and I would make him coffee and we would hang out and chat before he would take off on his hour long commute to get to work. It is strangely familiar and routine. But odd since he has been working on the road now since 2004. He loves what he does and I am happy keeping him busy. He was off last week, He's working about an hour and half from home this week and he'll be working in New York City next week.

I went to book his flight and hotel for NYC last week and the hotel prices were just incredible. I have booked him there at peak time between Thanksgiving and Christmas and paid more than what I felt I should, but this was crazy. Some of the nastiest flea bag hotels in the city were going for over $200 per night. So I booked him in Newark and that way he can stay in a nice clean hotel, and take the train into the city, without having to pay an arm and a leg for something less than adequate or just plain disgusting lol.

I visited Skyauction the other day and found a listing for a helicopter taxi, that takes off from Newark and drops you in Manhattan, so I thought wouldn't that be cool. It takes 8 minutes, so I bid on it and won it. So looks like d/h will have some fun getting to work on the whirlybird next week.

Today, I need to get the kids working a little harder on their schoolwork and I need to really clean my house. The sun is starting to peek over the horizon and it is clear that summer is leaving us behind, as it was 45 degrees when I woke up this morning. It should be a beautiful day to go for a bike ride if we can get everything done. Take care everyone and have a happy hump day.
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Admiral

The sun is out, chilly yes, but we got sunshine so I am all good with that. I guess one of these days it will be time to think about removing once again the air conditioners. The only one I still use is my bedroom. The dogs have been let out and their tummy's are full again. Sarah was 9 last week, she is in great condition though! My Back and hip are still hurting me alot, but I will get over it. There is good reason for the pain. Have a great day every one.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is Chilly, and breezy and cloudy.

Yesterday....as soon as we got to the airport all flights were cancelled. Well that didn't go over big. I told the agent that there was no way possible I could bring him back tomorrow. So she was able to snag him a room at a nearby hotel - with shuttle service to airport. It was the last room at this hotel, the only other ones are downtow, by the lake and would have been closer to $200 a night, not the $70 bucks I paid.

I will admit it felt odd leaving him behind, but his flight was to leave at 7 a.m. Having a two hour drive and needing to be there at least and hour before the flight, there was no way I could do it. Plus I am behind at work by missing yesterday, and since I am gone all next week, I have to get everything prepared for two Sundays.
It didn't lessen the guilt tho'. I had a $25 debit card w/ Master Card someone had given me as a gift. I left him w/ that for his meals. I hope he could use it. I saw him walking toward McDonalds as I drove off, it was a sad sight. He was supposed to call me last night to make sure that all was well. He didn't. I have no idea if he is on that plane or not. He better call tonight.
He really is a joy - mostly to have around. I just feel I need to take such good care of him when he is here. My fault really.

I did a little shopping on way out of town. I found two possiblilites for formal night. One was $16 and the other $29. The latter will be my choice for Formal night - it is a BCBGMaxazara - bought off the clearance rack. Picked up a couple of other things.

I was exhausted and emotionally drained by the time I got home.
I didn't sleep well...probably cuz he didn't call. I somehow forgot to take his cell phone number. About 3 am it dawned on me that I knew his hotel room number and I could have just put a call thru to that, but now the timing made it impossible. I left him a message on FaceBook and told him to write on my wall as soon as possible.

I was going to start a poll but decided against it

It was to be: How Would You Prefer to be Woken Up in the Morning...

A. By Your Alarm Clock
B. By Young Buck Seeking Doe of his Dreams by snorting under your
bedroom window
C. Neighbor slamming out of his house, upon hitting the drive way
coughing up the biggest pleghm ball imaginable, spatting it loudly
then gagging

The latter has happend every weekday morning for over a week now.
He does this just after 5 a.m. He is 22 and I don't have many good commets for him...I basically want to beat him senseless, but he is already close to that, so what good would it do...

Well I must get ready for work...it will be a long day. Then dh and I have to go to his parents for supper as there are Aunts and Uncles visiting from Florida, then we have to duck out early as it is the First week of a new Bible Study we are beginning at Church and we will be missing next week.

I just want to go back to bed.

I hope everyone has a good day.
I guess I will try to start packing tomorrow...
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it sure is chilly at 10C (50F), but as Delft says, at least the sun is out! A nice change from the dreariness of yesterday!

I am off to see my Osteopath this morning. Hopefully she can help rid me of this residual back pain and other related problems. I HAVE to be in good shape to go back to work next week!

Hope my Mates have a good day!

donna
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it's drizzling rain.

My flight yesterday was, I guess, considered good. I hate flying, and I know there are many on here, who love it, but I was not blessed with those feelings.

On the way to the airport, we saw a Red Cross building, which was surrounded by people getting ready to move out when the storm gets here. There must have been 300 or more people. I don't think these folks get enough "way To Go's" for what they do.

My first flight to Dallas was a puddle jumper. It seems to save money, American has brought out all these prop planes. Thirteen thousand feet and that was max.

I had an incredible lay over in Dallas for over three hours. I walked around, and got something to eat, which was totally off my diet, and then sat and read. They called for the flight to Killeen, which is our little airport, and I got in line. When it came time to punch in my boarding pass in the computer, it wouldn't work. I told them it might be because it was booked so late, so they put the info in by hand.

Again, it was a prop plane, but sounded like it also had a jet. Is that possible?

Arrived in Killeen much later, because the planes take longer, and no luggage, and no kids to pick me up.

I called Josh, and he said "mom, you aren't suppose to be here for another hour." Opps, I got on an earlier flight, and my luggage didn't know it. So, instead of waiting in Dallas for my flight, we had to wait in Killeen for my luggage.

The house was in much better shape this time, so I don't have as much to do, so that's a good thing.

I hope all of you are well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo

Again, it was a prop plane, but sounded like it also had a jet. Is that possible?

A

T
Luanne
Probably a "turbo prop", or "prop jet" as we call 'em.

Sounds like you had a GREAT day Luanne. 8)

Same stuff, different day here in Lakeland. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) decided we needed a Granite Counter Top in our bathroom. It's being made, and we'll pick it up and install it (without breaking it) either this afternoon, or tomorrow. Just another "Honey Do" project".

See y'all later,

Ken
"SKY"
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Cool, bright and almost fall, does not make for a happy Trip:( Today I am off to a seminar to learn about setting up an online store...I would like to sell some of my off season jewelry designs, so I figure I can go and listen to what the experts have to say.

I want to make a split pean and ham soup, for these cooler days, so a trip to the supermarket, and thats my day!

Good thoughts going out to Fran.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 10th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Happy Hump DAy, different day same weather. Not much happening, Amen for that. Wishing you all a better day today.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........summer is still here......70's & 80's for the next 10 days.......figures.......we'll be gone........at least those left here will be able to enjoy.........

A few errands today........will get the suitcases out........make sure the clothes we want to take are clean.........

Y'all have a good day..............

Sharon
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to all my fellow mates to come and those who have gone before.

Thank you all for thinking of Fran. She got a very good lab report yesterday and for the first time in probably two weeks we were able to really breathe again. The important thing was her platelets are up from 88 to 117. Her Oncologist said it is probably a result of the steroids she started taking for the Bell's Palsy but at this stage (steroids are also a form of chemotherapy as well but one they avoid using because its toxicity usually outweighs it's benefits), we'll take anything we can get! I personally firmly believe it's a result of all of everyone's prayers.

Off to chair my monthly humane society meeting which is held at a local restaurant. Because this is East Tennessee and all local restaurants are minor variations of the same "down home cookin'" theme, I'll ingest a month's worth of cholesterol and calories for lunch (except down here we call it "dinner")....just the type of meal I adore! I'm sure that's why the funeral homes down here all do a land office business.....even more so than in Florida where, if I remember correctly, there was in alternating order, a Funeral Home followed by a Used Car lot on what seemed like every corner on Dale Mabry in Tampa back in '60-'61.

Hope all of you'uns have a magnificent day and may God's Blessings be upon each of you.....with extra helpings for those needing them most.

Todd
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Default It's Wednesday

Good morning from an overcast Southern California. Cool is good! Back to those high temps, though. September can be a really hot month in SoCal.

Todd, best of wishes to Fran.

It's gym day for Keith. What I like about today is that I don't have to iron!
Tomorrow we will see the stage version of "9 to 5." The show started out as a movie. Written by Dolly Parton, it goes from here to Broadway.

The imaging lab called me yesterday. They still need to get the mammogram report from the clinic. Then she'll call me back and schedule an appt. for an ultrasound-guided biopsy.

"See ya" later, people.

Judy
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Admiral

I'm late this morning. Lots to do at work. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Captain

Why can't it be Friday Well hope everyones having a good day.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from drizzly, Virginia Beach. It has cooled to the mid 70's today, a respite from the heat. After I did my gym routine, I went to Macys to pick up some clothing for the grandchildren. Unfortunately, they did not have anything in Jeremy's size. Becca and Lauren made out like bandits. Then it was off to Dillards to take advantage of their 75% off sale; some of the clothing I bought will be worn on my next cruise in April.
Todd, it was great news to hear about Fran. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you both. May this Wednesday be a great one for all my fellow cruisemates!
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Admiral

It's afternoon as I type this at work, the day started out cool and is remaining so, temp are only in the mid 70's not bad, but just makes you realize that Fall is upon us - hope everyone is having a great day and I'm remembering all who need prayers

Smile, makes everyone wonder what you've been up to!!
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny beautiful Wisconsin. Have to enjoy these great prefall days.

Todd, I missed the earlier reports about Fran, but I've added you both to my prayer list now. Glad things are improving.

Judy, keeping you in my prayers too as well as others around here.

Trip, I love pea soup. Make a big batch, and I'll see you later! :-)
Your class sounds interesting too.

Have a good one all. I've enjoyed reading all the good morning posts.

Phyll