Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Default September 15th Dawns with Oil and Gasoline futures down

Good morning from gorgeous East Tennessee.

Thankfully, Ike is now history and this morning's weather map of the US is relatively clear with the exception of rain down in the area of the gulf coast....something certainly not needed.

Also crude is down below 95 bucks a barrel this morning and gasoline futures have declined somewhat as well. Of course all of this doesn't go that far in alleviating the gasoline shortages and gouging that are now epidemic throughout the southeast and up into Arkansas. I only hope folks remember that the horrendous increases could have been on the part of wholsalers but it should be easy to recognize those stations in your neighborhood that were gouging as much as 20 cents to almost a dollar above everyone else. I think government enforcement should also go after the wholesalers when it comes to gouging laws. While I believe in supply side economics, that doesn't necessarily automatically seque into things such as fuel and power that are absolute necessities.

Just a note about your mileage. Probably most gasoline sold today has around 10% ethanol. If you've noticed a significant decrease in your milegage recently that could well be the reason. Ethanol does not have the energy of gasoline. Of course the Ethanol people have somehow, failed to mention that. My mileage has fallen from around 25 city to 19 city and from 30 highway to the neighborhood of 24 highway.

Blessings upon everyone, especially those suffering illness or travail and special prayers go out to those who have been so terribly impacted by Ike. I hope those of our Cruisemates who lived in the Galveston/Huston/gulf coast area and who haven't checked, in are able to do so soon.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: September 15th Dawns with Oil and Gasoline futures down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
Good morning from gorgeous East Tennessee.

Thankfully, Ike is now history and this morning's weather map of the US is relatively clear with the exception of rain down in the area of the gulf coast....something certainly not needed.

Also crude is down below 95 bucks a barrel this morning and gasoline futures have declined somewhat as well. Of course all of this doesn't go that far in alleviating the gasoline shortages and gouging that are now epidemic throughout the southeast and up into Arkansas. I only hope folks remember that the horrendous increases could have been on the part of wholsalers but it should be easy to recognize those stations in your neighborhood that were gouging as much as 20 cents to almost a dollar above everyone else. I think government enforcement should also go after the wholesalers when it comes to gouging laws. While I believe in supply side economics, that doesn't necessarily automatically seque into things such as fuel and power that are absolute necessities.

Just a note about your mileage. Probably most gasoline sold today has around 10% ethanol. If you've noticed a significant decrease in your milegage recently that could well be the reason. Ethanol does not have the energy of gasoline. Of course the Ethanol people have somehow, failed to mention that. My mileage has fallen from around 25 city to 19 city and from 30 highway to the neighborhood of 24 highway.

Blessings upon everyone, especially those suffering illness or travail and special prayers go out to those who have been so terribly impacted by Ike. I hope those of our Cruisemates who lived in the Galveston/Huston/gulf coast area and who haven't checked, in are able to do so soon.

Todd
I am glad my camary still gets 34 highway and 28 town.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Yeoman

The colonial pipeline is flowing again today. It supplies the southeast. We should see prices come down over the next couple of weeks.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin