Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Captain

Default No Invitation but TS/Hurricane Kyle is coming...

I just heard an emergency bulletin on our local radio station. Our local emergency services office was warning us to purchase batteries, flashlights and candles and to have enough food and water for up to 72 hours due to the impending arrival of Tropical Storm Kyle. I hadn't really been following Kyle but it appears he is coming without a proper invitation. Maine is just to the south of us (less than 1 hour southwest) and they are preparing for the winds and water. We've been inundated with heavy rains from another front that is currently stalled overtop of us and Kyle is due to arrive right on its heals. We may lose all of our beautiful fall colors before we've even had a real chance to enjoy them : (

It's ironic that we spent 2 weeks in Florida where we rained and flooded out by Tropical storm Fay. We then had our trip to the Dominican Republic rescheduled due to Gustav. Then shortly after we arrived home we were drenched and flooded out by what was left of Hurricane Hannah. This is very unusual for me being from Atlantic Canada the odds of being impacted by three hurricanes in the same season are pretty low.

I mean no disrespect to anyone *really* impacted by a hurricane and I hope no one takes my whining as being inconsiderate of those whose lives have been severly impacted by these devastating weather conditions. For me it's just so unusual to experience these weather conditions that I wanted to share my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Admiral

It is true, that very little in our local news has been about "Kyle" I hadn't seen anything about it until today, when the weatherman said between Kyle and the tropical depression we could expect several days of rain - and to expect inches. I live in Vermont - right on the border of Quebec.
I was cruising in Atlantic Canada last week and have nisited New Brunswick several times - I love what little I have seen of the Maritime Provinces.
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Admiral

WE have had wet weather all weekend here in Montreal, but not heavy. We're told to expect more over the next few days, but I hear the Maritimes will get the worst of the heavy rain and high winds. I will stay in contact with my friends in Nova Scotia and see how bad it is.

donna