Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday - Good Morning!

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am wondering where everybody is this morning!

It's another dull, wet and very cool day here, October has certainly come in with a bang. It's all of 9C this morning, or 48F.

I realized last night that I am a SDM!! Only 8 more days till I leave for my cruise, 9 until we are onboard! Now it's panic time - time to start packing!

Hope everyone has a good day, seeya in chat....

donna
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
Admiral

I wish I was packing for a cruise. My Mum wanted me to book something, but I am not comfortable with this. She is well one minute and then really unwell the next.

I was in a bad mood last night. Trying to transfer something from video tape to DVD. It just would not finalize the disc. It did everything else but that!I looked and looked on the net and a guy had the same issue as me. He took it all apart, and thats exactly what I did, screw by screw, put them all on paper to say where it went, undid cables and wires and just plodded along..........and I was able to fix it!

DS and his GF came home from dinner and saw it all in pieces and looked like oh oh . Funny, they were together along time, then they split up, but in a very kind calm way, just they were not communicating or spending enough quality time together. And now three months later they are back and working on it. Last night they were out for a romantic dinner. No jeans and T's, they were all dressed up. It was cute.

As RD said it is dark and dreery, that must mean I am driving my mother for her chemo today..yup, thats exactly it. Five hours of driving again.

Tomorrow will be busy, a second puppy mill raid and I am schedualed every day for the next three to be there with them.

Have a great day every one.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
Here in beautiful scenic Indiana autumn is upon us. It was in the 30's outside when I woke up today and the house is about 60 degrees inside. I am thinking I probably shouldn't put off my winter preparations much longer. Because I am freezing my butt off. Even the cat was cold, because I found her tunneling under the blankets with me this morning. Maybe I should buy her a new fur coat lol.

D/S just came flying in here with a very important announcement that the new Lego Batman game is out...so stop the presses. I am not sure what the Lego Batman game is, but I am pretty sure it isn't going to be cheap, maybe I can get d/s a side job selling hot chocolate along the roadside to help support his "habit".

Sleeping Beauty is, as usual, still sleeping. I so envy her. I wish I could sleep so soundly amidst all the chaos of life. She doesn't have a care in the world. Speaking of Sleeping Beauty, she will be turning 6 on the 25th, so I really need to get cracking and planning a party for her birthday.

D/H will be home tomorrow night. He will be working up in Michigan for the next few weeks after that, so we'll probably be headed up to Canada to see his parents one weekend soon while he is working up that way. I need to buy some Euros and GBP while we're up there for our Europe trip, because down here in our little corner of the midwest, it is nearly impossible to get foreign currency, up where his folks live it is simply a matter of making a trip to the local bank, no biggie. I wouldn't worry about it so much but I have read horror stories about people's ATM card and stuff not working in Europe and stuff like that. It would just make me feel better to have some cash in my pocket.

Back on Sept 15, I took my RV up to the factory in Warsaw, IN to have some warranty work done on our new fifth wheel. I just had a feeling that it was going to be a huge undertaking. Got an email from them a couple of days ago, that they have completely replaced the entire roof and three of the four sidewalls, all the linoleum, carpet and I think they plan on building a room addition on top (just kidding, no room addition) well all I can say is it is a good thing I winterized it before I took it up there, because I may not get it back until the spring. :evil: But hopefully it will be fixed and fixed right this time. They promised they would make it better than new.

Donna congrats on your SDM status!! How exciting! Hopefully your health will continue to improve and you will have a blast! I think we still have over a month and a half before we go.

Today is a day of domestic duties... lots of laundry and cleaning need to be done, I wish someone would show up and do it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............dark & dreary must be the word...........

Not much happening today......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Admiral

OMG! I just read in the paper about the 2nd puppy mill raid in less than a week in Quebec! 157 dogs and 1 cat found in extreme conditions.
Unbelievable!

donna
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Admiral

It's more than unbelievable RD, You cannot even begin to imagine their suffering. Its just over whelming and I find myself crying every time I leave there. They are so very frightened.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny warm Texas.

Not much happeneing here. Eye appointment yesterday with Jim, and we are leaving town tomorrow, for a weekend get a way.

My thought and prayers to all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny florida Gotten a phone call yesterday from MD that her boyfriends mother had a stroke and was airlifted to Denver. The mother is only 37..she had her first son at age 16 so she is still very young. However she is a smoker and now her left arm is paralyzed. I talked to her on the phone a while back and she is such a nice lady. I am asking for prayers for her. I might find out more today.

Also found out yesterday our 401K took a very large hit....I am wondering who took my money?

Oh well...

Everyone have a good day!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning, Grocery shopping done, now a slight rest then onto cleaning the bathrooms. A "fun" day today.

Rdonna, DO NOT go into a panic, stay calm, you don't need any other pains or problems before you leave. Congrats on the SDM!!

Sue, we all took a big hit. Wait till you are retired and live on a fixed income, not a fun thing. We had to cut our cruises down, but thankful to God that we are still able to do some things just not as often.

Delf, glad to hear that Daniel and GF are back togetehre it will work out if its meant to be. Having such a level headed son is a good thing, less worries for sure. Is Sam coming home this weekend? Hope he is feeling better. Those puppy mills make me sick, I can't imagine how anyone could be so heartless to these poor little babies. I would like to box these people up and let them sit like that in their own crap, not fed and squeezed into a small cage. GRRRrr gets me so mad.

Wishing everyone a good day.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from nice, beautiful, and cool, Virginia Beach. I hung around the house this morning looking at the stock market. I called my broker and picked up a bargain. Now is the time to buy as the market is "down, down, down". It is my hope that the world economy picks up as I see so many people suffering. My thoughts go out to those who are not feeling up to snuff. May we all have a bright and shiny day!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Our internet at work was down until just a few minutes ago. We are completely lost without our internet. How did we ever survive without it?? So much of our business (real estate) is done using the internet. We all thanked the cox communication guy when he left!! Now I have to get to work. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Heading for 85 degrees F today in Calgary, so I'm going to take advantage and head to the golf course. FORE!!!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon,

It is dull here too, and the wind has really started to pick up. It is raining also.

Just got back from work. It was non-productive. IWe are still waiting for a miracle for baby Noah. They told the mom yesterday she has a couple of days to decide to take him off life support. A very hard decision.

We also have some ill elderly, so it is hard to concentrate on the paper work part of the job right now. We are trying to meet the physical and emotional needs right now.

Doug - praying for Lona and the grandbabies.
RD - Congratulations on the SDM!
Delft - I can't imagine. So needless and cruel. Poor furbabies!

Wishing you all a peace-filled day
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default It's Thursday - Good Morning

A late good morning from Southern California. Well over 100 yesterday. Hope we get some relief today.

Keith and I were up early to take the car in for new brake pads. That's one of the things on the list before my surgery. Today a a small pile of ironing for me and floor washing, then some errands.

Have a good day, people!

Judy
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

o.k, i'll bite...what in the world is SDM??
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

o.k, i'll bite...what in the world is SDM??
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Hey,

SDM stands for Single Digit Migit -- meaning one has only a single-digit number of days before his/her cruise!