Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Default Hooray Hooray, It's Saturday!!

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's still dark, a bit dull, and very chilly at only 8C (46F).
I am in a good mood today because yesterday, for the first time in 8 weeks, I had a completely pain-free day!
I don't want to jinx it, but it seems that mystery pain has left and good riddance!
I'd almost forgotten how good that feels!

I am up bright and early this morning because I have a hair appointment, and the only way my hairdresser could fit me in was to do me early!
It's my last chance before the cruise, so I had to take it.
The plans for the rest of the day include the usual cleaning, laundry, and getting started on packing for the cruise! Only 7 days to go!

donna
Old October 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Captain

Good Morning RD and all CMs to follow

Hello from the grate state of Alabama where it is a beautiful day. I am of to our towns arts and crafts show called "Claybank Jamboree" It is the one time of the year where they shut down the middle of the town. I love it.

RD - Glad to hear the great news....no pain....and getting ready to sail.

Have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

May the blessing of light be on you—
light without and light within.
May the blessed sunlight shine on you
and warm your heart
till it glows like a great peat fire
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Wonderful news RD and have a ball at the Claybank Jamboree, Irish; it sounds like fun!!

Another dawn in East Tennessee and a beautiful one it 'tis.

Not much on tap. Fran has had a bad cold and a related temp which, if her immune system were normal would be nothing to even think about. We're pretty sure it's a result of her flue shot. We should know better I guess, as her pneumonia shot last May came within a harisbreadth of taking her life (at least we think that's what caused it). But under the circumstances......... We aren't panicking, however, (well, Fran isn't) and our good friend and family doctor will prescribe antibiotics if he feels it necessary. Hopefully it won't be.

It's off to our Animal Adoption Center to "wave the flag" as it were. We have so many absolutely marvelous volunteers and our five employees are the BEST. Our animals are so very lucky. We had 55 adoptions last month....a very proudful figure when one considers the population of the county isn't that great.

Next Friday and Saturday we have our "Mother of All Yard Sales" wherein we rent a building at the fair grounds and lease the individual booths inside. We have a lock on the "food option" and will be selling home made ham and sausage biscuits, juice and coffee before segueing into our famous flame broiled hamburgers/cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chips and soda. The public really does rave about them and that makes me personally feel good as I'm the grill master. I really enjoy doing it but Heavens, does it wear me down to almost nothing by the end of the day (and considering I'm 6'4" and 270, that's some wearing down I'll tell ya').

Blessings on everyone and special prayers out to Judy, Delft's mom, Loni and her babies and all others who need them. You'uns all have a good'un!

Todd
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Howdy all from Houston

Such great news Donna..pain free is wonderful, know it's it's been a long while since you have had a day like that, thank you Lord. A sail date only 7 days away GREAT

Irish...sounds like a cool way to spend the day

early here, still dark but the sun is trying to peek out. they say another 85+ day here. No great plans today just the weekend chores, go to see my mom as she is house sitting for my friend about 40 miles away.

Have a blessed day all
debbyedoops
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Dark and chilly 45 - but the sun is supposed to come out later. My dog and I will take advantage of it and go for a nice walk if the weatherman is right!

I am pretty tired. I managed to stay awake for most of the Red Sox - Angels game last night. It got a little "white knuckle" for awhile, but we pulled out the win! DH worked all night for the 3 night in a row. Wonder how many call outs he will get today. He is in bed right now. Hopefully he will get a few hours of good sleep.

Not much new here. I have lots to do, but no motivation. At present I am trying to get in the excercise my doctor is requireing for my back problems. It means trying to find an extra hour or so 6 days a week, but I must do it.

Donna - what good news. I hope all the rest of your days are pain free. Happy Packing!

Irish - sounds like a fun day

Todd - sorry about Frans cold! Rest up lots this week for the busy weekend you have ahead of you next week

Debby - have a nice visit with your mom.

Prayers headed out to many,

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Admiral

I'm off to get my hair cut today, maybe try something new!! The grandkids will be staying with me this afternoon and tonight. That should keep me entertained for a while.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Well it is beautiful morning here. I have to up and moving soon, I have an appt. to get my oil changed at 10:00. D/S just woke up and is watching Star Wars Clone something or the other blah blah blah he dvr'ed it last night since we made him go to bed at 9. It will probably be a while before the other two wake up. I have my coffee, and as soon as I finish it I need to get dressed and go.

Donna thats great news and not a moment too soon... I have been worrying about you and your cruise. I so hope you get to enjoy it.

Jen I think that every woman I know (myself included) needs a sign that says "We can't take care of evryone else, if we don't take care of ourselves first!"

Irish, we have a Hoosier version of the festival going on here right now, it's our annual Applefest. It kicked off yesterday with the Homecoming parade, which was great! D/S's girlfriend is the fair queen this year (he has been in love with her since he was a baby) and she was absolutely stunning being driven through town in a Corvette Convertible. D/s likes older women he's 8 and she's 20, but as you can see he has great taste. But I was in shock when he announce his intentions to give her big kiss right on the mouth

Well I hope you all have a lovely day, I'm off to get an oil change.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Hooray, Hooray, It's Saturday!

Good morning from a very overcast Southern California. We're supposed to have our first winter rain today.

RD, REALLY nice to hear that you've had a pain-free day!
Todd, I hope that Fran recovers nicely.

The MRI went well yesterday. It was quite a different experience than the first one I had. The valium helped, and I didn't open my eyes. It was a crash-bang-buzz-tick-tick-tick experience . . . VERY noisy . . . and the technician didn't say a word for the whole 45 minutes. I will hear from my doctor early next week to hear whether or not they found the cancer, and we will go from there.

Last Christmas, Keith gave me a gift certificate to Amadeus Spa which I still haven't used. Today, I will treat myself to a facial. Keith plans to go to Flabob.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Hey All!

It's my first real day off since the storms. I've been off with baby deliveries and ICU duty, but today my DH brought me coffee in bed and is unloading the dishwasher as we speak. I have a few errands to run today, but nothing pressing. I hope to spend my night with DH cuddling on the sofa or off to a movie. It doesn't really matter....as long as I'm not at WORK!

RD great news!

Judy, we will be praying for great news!

Melody
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Calgary should see a high of @70 F today, but the weather is forecast to cool through the rest of next week, dropping to highs in the 40s F.

Rather than get in perhaps final game of golf I've decided to enjoy the nice day by taking Sammy out for a good round of frisbee play, and if he's feeling alright, get my father out for lunch somewhere.

Have to begin assembling all the electronics, batteries, etc. to begin getting ready for our month end cruise. I've been land locked for nearly 6 months, and of course don't remember where I put anything
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Cruisemates,
We are supposed to have rain today and tomorrow. Right now it is 10 am and cool and cloudy. They are having a marching band competition today. The parade is starting right now. I hope for the sake of all the young cimpetitors that the rain holds off.
They also have an Octoberfest on Main Street. If it doesn't rain we will
go down to hear some nice polka music.
RD so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Enjoy packing! Todd,
I hope your wife gets to feeling better. It's no fun to have a cold. In our newspaper this morning they reported about a lady who had to abandon her apartment and her "89" cats. They are trying to place them in shelters and hope to find homes for them. The two in the photo looked to be well cared for. We love our pets, but can't imagin 89 in one apartment.
To those of you in strife, our prayers go your way. Have a great fall Saturday.

jojo and ed
Old October 4th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny, in the 70's, Virginia Beach. Rollerdonna, I am glad to hear that you are pain-free. Todd, our thoughts are with your beloved, Fran, may she get better. After I hit a few neighborhood garage sales, I went with Rob to a bike shop so he could buy gloves and then we went out to a Japanese buffet for lunch. The food was fastastic. If any of my fellow cruisemates are in Virginia Beach, go to Yuki Buffet in the Hilltop area of town. I had never been to Japanese buffet before. We are sitting in tonight since Rob wants to watch the Maryland-U.V.A. football game. Let's go Maryland!
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Hey everybody, been away but at home. It is a slower day today so I can post for awhile. I haven't been outside but I need to. The sun is blaring through the cutrtains and it appears to be clear out there.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.