Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default 1990 Cruise fares!!!

I was cleaning today, and, came across the paperwork, for our first cruise. May 12th, 1990, on the Carnival Celebration. Boy, compared to rates these days, it seems so high...We booked OV, on the Riviera deck, rates for the two of us were, $1285.00 pp and, for Nikki it was $645.00.

When you add on the cruise/hotel, insurance and port charges, the total was $3554.00!!!! Oh my!

Time have changed, and so has the pricing!

I also found a letter giving me a free upgrade, and a Bon Voyage gift, from a letter dated in 1997....I gave Nancy a good laugh, asking her if they would still honor it

New cruisers may not be able to appreciate just how much prices have changed for the better for us....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM
First Mate

Hi Trip,
We were on the inaugural cruise of the Sovereign of the Seas on Jan 16,
l988,the 1400.$ pp in a ocean view cabin. We booked 2 years in advance.
Since that time we never saw so much elegant people on board ship any-
more.She was the biggest ship ever built with 73,000 tons.W've been on her 5 times,but now i'm waiting for the Oasis of the Seas.The prices changed alot but our taste too.
Have a nice day, MTL
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I used to have the invoice from the TA that booked my 1983 cruise on Festivale. At that time it was under Carnivals Fly - Aweigh program and included my rt air from Boston to Miami. This was a 4A cabin with 3 people in the room $1069.per person That was a lot to pay. No upgrade When I cruised on Carnival Glory in September 2005 the price was $714 per person That price also included my rt air from Boston to Orlando. there were 2 people in the room also a 4A cabin but we were upgraded to a 4E. Times have changed for the better.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain