Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Captain

Default T.G.I.F

Good Morning CMs

Yes my friends it is time to rise and shine, because it is morning time. I know that Todd is up with his morning coffee and waiting for Fran to awaken to bring her a cup.

Well another exciting day at wok and then as 3 day weekend

I hope that everyone has a safe day today Especially those traveling.

Irish 8)

RD, James, and Hez - Here is wishing you a short and safe flight with no problems and a wonderful cruise.

BW - Stay safe during you trip to the great north

CruisinK n J - Good Luck at the Doc's. Is Cosco like Sam's? That is one of my D/W favorite places to shop. However Bed, Bath and Beyond is #1 for her. and if you

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Admiral

I can't believe I am up this early and Irish still beat me to the good morning thread!
Good Morning All, from Montreal, where it is still DARK.
Looks like it will be a nice warm fall day here in Montreal, but I won't be around to see it!
Hez should soon be here and we will be leaving for the airport.
If everyone takes a collective breath, and blows it west, far out to sea, then maybe Hurricane Norbert will veer our of our path and leave us with clear skies and smooth sailing!
Don't know if I'll get a chance to check in during the week, but in case I don't, I wish everyone a good week, and good health to those who need it.
Seeya next week!

donna
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates!

Dull now, but should be a lovely day. Yesterday was a long day, but we had a lovely visit and the foliage made for a nice drive.

We made a quick pitstop at the King Arthur Baking Store - it is where the flour and products coming from. They have a lovely store with all kinds of baking acoutrements. They also have a bakery. We indulged in scones and coffee to take with us to help the ride go a little faster.

Today I will play catch up all day - I am over tired and have no energy so it remains to be seen what will actually get done.

Trip - how are you feeling? I hope you are less sore and able to get around better, and that you had a good report from the doctor
Balbusta - How scary about your grandchildren...so glad they made it thru this ordeal ok
BW - safe travels
RD/James/Hez - Happy Sails!

Bless you all - have a lovely day!
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where it looks like it will be a beautiful day.

It's going to be a long day of travel for me. My daughter will be coming by around 10AM, and then we are doing a 4 hour drive to Rochester MN to pick up her new Australian Shepherd. Her little sheltie passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 16, and now Kelly has found what looks to be a wonderful sweet small dog to help fill up that empty place. I didn't know that this breed now comes in smaller sizes, but they do. In any case it should be a fun day.

Bon Voyage RD and Hez--have a great cruise!
Safe travels to all the rest of you too.

Phyll
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates!
Thanks to all of your for your wishes of safe travel. I just sent d/h out the door to teach his last day of class at the University. One of the students, who also happens to be one of the top guys at the University says he'd like to finish up by noon. So if they are successful, then d/h may arrive up his parents pretty early in the day. I really was kind of out of it this morning and nearly gave d/h the envelope that had all of our passports, then he gave me the envelope and I nearly forgot to take his out and give it to him...lol, that could have been very bad.

Hope everyone has a swift conclusion to the week's work today and they can start their weekends earlier. Take care and I will check in on all of you later today.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I have nothing planned for today. I woke up at 4 AM with one of those headaches that if you don't take something for it NOW it will only get worse. The headache went away, but I never really went back to sleep, I feel crappy right now. Oh well........

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A gorgeous day here, and for the next few......the sun makes me happy The kids are coming over, so I have a day of Noggin to look forward to....I make Aiden wait till The View is over, till I change the channel

My Drs. appt. went well..the difference between the two Drs. is night and day, male and female...I am much happier with her, and we actually talked!

My old Dr. was like a mute...I an trying to see if I can qualify to be tested for the bereast cancer gene, so my daughter won't have to be tested..It's an expensive test, and it's not easy to get qualified, so we shall see.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Morning, sun is out, and another weekend is upon us. Wishing you all a good weekend. enjoy!
Old October 10th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from beautiful central Texas where the air is clear, and just a touch of warmth.

I made final payments on our cruises yesterday. The prices had dropped, so I have 600 dollars of OBC. That's a nice way to start.

I also made Brunswick stew. It takes a good two days to fix it, so my house smells like hot sauce. It should be ready by tonight. A little corn bread to go with it, should be a good meal.

Donna, I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I am wishing that the hurricane will turn back inland, and give us some much needed rain.

BW My oldest has lost his passport, so we had to re-apply. I also hope you have a wonderful trip.

Trip, I love you Take care of yourself.

Todd, My love to Fran.

Everyone have a good day, and weekend. May only the best come your way.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............60's for the weekend.....not too bad........

Trip......glad you're feeling better.......Noggin......must be like Dragon Tails???

Phyll......have a fun ride......small puppies are good.......

We're off to the port in about 2 hours.......the Mercury awaits us.......

Y'all have a good weekend......see y'all on Monday.......

Sharon
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The mornings in Calgary have become distinctly CHILLY, with morning temps in the low 30s F! BRRRR

Going to take both my parents to Drs. appointiments today. Afraid my father isn't feeling very well again. Had him at an appointment yesterday at an app't at a Cardiac Function Clinic yesterday, which is operated by two cardiac nurses, and a very good service.

They did blood work yesterday showing a number of troubling things, so hopefully the Dr. today will be able readjust his meds once again to find some balance for him.
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ara0926
Default I know I usually don't post on these threads but...

I have to share my relief that my employer Wachovia is being purchased by Wells Fargo! WOOHOO! This is very good news in that more empolyees will keep their jobs (and the city of Charlotte will not be killed) than if Citi had bought us out.

Its has been a rough 2 weeks...but the light is finally visiable!

Thanks for letting me share!

Ashley
Carnival Glory 2010 St. John NB Canada
Carnival Legend 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit 2009 Alaska
Carnival Splendor 2008 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Sensation 2008 Nassau
Carnival Inspiration 2008 Cozumel
Carnival Glory 2007 Western Caribbean
Elation 2006 Eastern Caribbean
Old October 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from chilly, Virginia Beach, While cleaning the house this morning I did check the market online and decided to purchase more stock in a Canadian oil trust since it dipped below $5.00 a share. As bad as the market is now, it does present a buying opportunity. Markets always come back, it might take a few years, but one should "stay the course". Kuki, our thoughts are with your father. My husband, Rob, has a heart condition so I know what you are going through. To all my fellow cruisemates, try and keep positive despite the market's woes!