Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Captain

Default Hello Thursday

Good Morning CMs

Yes it is Thursday, time to rise and shine, because it is morning time. Unless you look outside where it is pitch black and looks like the dead of night. Oh Bother.

Time to leave for work, you all have a great day.

Irish 8)

May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Admiral

OK well I am awake... I took a spontaneous little trip over to Champaign last night. ended up at Sam's Club spending way more money than I'd planned and dropped off some jewelry to be repaired...again spending way more money than I had intended to. Then met my sister and neice at a "hot new" tapas restaurant restaurant and once more...spending entirely more than I intended. So I guess I had better get some work done today to pay for the sins of last night.

We did not get home until very late, the kids were pooped and were asleep in the truck when we pulled into the driveway, so I think they will sleep in a bit today. I would have liked to, but the fat cat has me trained to rise when she does. It is a brisk 46 degrees and looks to be a good day to sit inside wrapped in a blanket and read a book, or heck just sleep.

She has had her fancy feast, I should go start making coffee or something constructive like that.

Well today I have to take our tribe down to the good old health department for some innoculations. Since the Bean turns 6 on the 25th, she is due for several and the Niblet needs a couple that they have since added to the list of recommended vaccinations, since he had his last shots. Some wise guy had the nerve to ask when I last had a tetanus shot... well it has probably been since I was a teen, so looks like they get to take a stab at me too

So that is the plan for the day! Now I have got to go make some coffee, before I fall asleep here at my desk.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning Irish, BeenieWeenie and all Cruisemates to follow on this gorgeous Thursday morning in East Tennessee.

Everytime we go to Sam's Club, we too BeenieWeenie, go way over the amount we had intended spending. There are only two of us (and our five feline children who eat better than we do) and we always do a lot of impulse buying. Trouble is, in that place "impulse buying" involves six months to a year worth of everything from toilet paper to shell steaks as opposed to a candy bar at the local supermarket checkout!

I too Irish am usually a very early riser but instead of such being a result of my own volition, is usually akin to the manner in which BeenieWeenie awakens. I usually have a twenty-one pound cat named Winston (now modified to "Big" Winston), standing on my shoulder softly pawing my face telling me he's hungry. Trouble is, he also ends up wanting to snuggle and get petted several times throughout the night as well. I can't just roll over because he then climbs atop me 'a la morning. Not to mention his purr mimics a Husqvarna chain saw.

And don't anyone suggest I push him over toward his mother. If she wakes up .....................well, you don't even want to go there.

Blessings on all of my fellow cruisemates and especially prayers for Judy along with all others suffering illness or any sort of travail.

Todd
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Irish, Beenie, Todd, and all the "Mates" at sea. I too, spend way too much, when we go to the Super Wal Mart, and I won't even allow the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) to have a membership at "Sams" simply because it's bad enough to get the 3 months supply from Wally World, let alone the 6 months supply from "Sams".
It's a beautiful day here in Central Florida. Currently 68 degrees or so, and going to low 80's later.
Lots on the platter today, both work wise, and because it's only 10 days 'till "Legend". I'M READY!
Later,

Ken
"SKY"
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, another lovely start to the day, a tad cooler this morning during my walk, which is always a good sign in SE Florida that the humidity will be elaving shortly!!

Wishing everyone a good day.
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Dull, dark, rainy morning here. My goal today is to end the day with a clean house and the laundry finished. We shall see how long the motivation lasts - I am already feeling - NAP. I haven't been sleeping well, my mind doesn't shut down, and then by early morning my eye is aching - and I can't get back to sleep. The damp weather has started my jaw problems to intensify and I have a very ugly sore on my gum...I also have some swollen glands, so I guess I just am fighting some sort of virus or such. I will try and be productive, yet also rest some too.

I hope all the mates have a great day!
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............like the others said.....dark & dreary here........rain too....or so they say......haven't seen any yet.....

Not much going on today.......but this weekend we need to go to Costco...& I'm sure we will spend WAY too much..........

Y'all have a good day..............

Sharon
Old October 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Today is my Friday since I only work 4 days a week. Today I get to pay the bills for the office and do, my favorite, payroll. At least I am spending someone elses money, all though the boss is really watching every penny that goes out of the office now. Real estate sales are really down for us and so many of the sales that come through the office now are the "short sales". Hopefully things will improve in the future.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Default Hello Thursday

An early good morning from Southern California. Mother Nature promises another hot day and the fire alerts have been extended to Friday.

I'm not usually such an early riser, but I have an 8 a.m. appt. at the clinic for a pre-op. Surgery is Oct. 22. Later, I will have lunch with an old friend at a Mexican restaurant. Keith plans to take advantage of the nice weather and work on the patio some more.

Have a nice day, people.

Judy
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning Irish, Beenieweenie, Todd, and all the rest of the cruisemates gang. I stayed in this morning to clean the house since I am volunteering, tomorrow, at the Berger-Goldrich Nursing Home for the "meal of the month". Nursing homes need volunteers desperately! Since I work nights, I do have the time to volunteer. I just took a looked at the stock market and I am not a happy camper. Oh well, let's hope things look up rather than down. Yes, Beenieweenie, we all spend more money at Sam's Club than we should. Don't you know that Sam's Club and Cosco are called the $100 club? I wish all of my fellow cruisemate a great day!