Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Wednesday Morning Wakeup

Good Morning Cruisers!! It is Wednesday "Judy Day" here so Think Pink and keep Judy in your thoughts. I will be around here all day doing my housework. I might go for a walk before it gets too warm. No plans today for me. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Good grief Laura, you're up even earlier than me!
Yes, it is "Judy Day" today, and I am already wearing my pink Simon Chang designer breast cancer T-shirt with the logo on the collar. I will be thinking good thoughts for Judy all day!

We're up and out of here extra early today because James also has his surgery today. He has to report in by 6:45, don't know how long it will take, but we will be home by tonight. Wish him luck please!

Oh, I forgot to mention, the forecast today is for rain and SNOW!

donna
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all, Thinking of you Judy.

Well, it is indeed crisp out side once again. I just hope the sun will be out at least! It is still to dark for that yet as it is just 6 AM.

I am tired , just to much to do lately.

I hope every one has a great day.

I did not see Rd's post so I am editing mine, good luck today.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Good grief Laura, you're up even earlier than me!
Yes, it is "Judy Day" today, and I am already wearing my pink Simon Chang designer breast cancer T-shirt with the logo on the collar. I will be thinking good thoughts for Judy all day!

We're up and out of here extra early today because James also has his surgery today. He has to report in by 6:45, don't know how long it will take, but we will be home by tonight. Wish him luck please!

Oh, I forgot to mention, the forecast today is for rain and SNOW!

donna
Thinking of James today too. Keep the snow. I am going out in the sun!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Laura, RDonna, Delft and all our beloved cruisemates who follow.

Today is Judy's and James "big day" and we all join in prayer that both of you will come out of your respective surgeries just fine. Hope you're back home by this evening James and any discomfort you may feel post op is very minor indeed. Remember if ncecessary there is a reason man has created potions that will not only take away your pain but put you in la la land. Then of course, besides Bourbon there are always drugs.

Judy, all of us know that you will beat the scourge of cancer and as you enter surgery this day, know you have so very many friends and loved ones who are pulling for you and who will demonstrate their support by today wearing something pink. God Bless and God Speed.

Todd
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

From the land of cold and snow. Yes - it was snowing last night when I walked the dog before bed, and still snowing when I walked him this morning. None is sticking on my lawn, but I guess in the next town over two inches has accumulated - ugh. I am so not ready - I haven't gotten my pool furninture in or the air conditioner out of the office window.
Yes, I am living in denial!

Off to work soon, then lunch with two friends, then the gym, then to hospital to visit a friend who had knee replacement surgery, then home to get ready for Bible Study, back to the hospital for my mammogram, home for supper, Bible Study then pack for 4 days in Portland, ME at my nieces' home.

I will be sporting pink all day - even have a pink workout shirt for the gym!

Praying for Judy and James. Delft you too - wish I could come and help you with some of your duties.
Trip - Mike -Kuki - you are all in my thoughts and prayers also.

Wishing all our Mates a good day.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The only reason I am up this early in the morning is at 4 AM my folks called, and I had to have my mother taken to the hospital.

My fear was it was her heart again, but it appears to be something else. Rather than wait hrs. in emergency (where I cant be with her anyway), I came home to gather some things, and will go back when I get the call that I can see her.

So .. it's early coffee for me.

Will be praying for Judy and James today.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all from windy Ks. - it's blowing and sounds terribly cold - until - you walk outside and it's warm! Crazy weather!! had rain last night along with the light and sound show - so can't wait to see what today brings!

My thoughts and prayers are out there for everyone having any type of procedure today - and those family members who are waiting for word - my prayers are with you as well.

Positive thoughts!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

Well it is another cool day here in lower Alabama and I have to leave for work, but a least it is Wednesday.

You all have a great Alabama day.

Irish 8)

Prayers for Judy and James, Delft and Kuki's mom and family. May the lord's grace shine on you and all in need.

May you alway walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Texas where the Sky's look a bit angry.

I feel about the same as the clouds, but today should be a day of prayers for our Cruisemates, so that is what I will do.

My thoughts are with them all.

Have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........cold & dark......no snow...but some rain.......

Kuki.....hope your mom is ok.......will be in our thoughts.......

Have our pink on for the day.........good thoughts going out to you.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning, and prayers for all of our Cruisemates and family members. Peace to all.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Wow it's Wednesday already, I didn't expect today to creep up on us this fast. Of course today is Judy's Day, my thoughts and prayers go with her as she has her surgery today. I am convinced that the color pink has immense healing powers!
Also James and Donna, and Kuki and his Mother, that they all have the strength to get through today. Tomorrow will come soon enough, but if we can all just make it through today, that is enough for now. I hope all of you who face trials and tribulations will be able to face and conquer them or at least a peaceful place of tranquility to find refuge until they pass.

I read Jen's post thinking wow! snow already, but I checked the temp outside and it almost got down to freezing last night. It's still only 36 degrees out. I still haven't got the corn stove ready to go yet, I need to call the hardware store and ask them to deliver a pallet of pellets before it gets much colder out and I should probably clean the stove out good and replace the outside vent pipe. Just because it makes me feel better if I do that every year. I also need to go down and buy a little propane to keep the house warm while we're gone on our trip next month.

One of my wonderful neighbors brought down tickets for the kids and I to attend a show tonight. It includes dinner at a great reknowned Steakhouse nearby and also includes a magic and comedy show for the kids. The featured performer is a regular performer at The Indianapolis Children's Museum. I just thought it was such a sweet thoughtful gift and I am sure the kids will have a ball. My neighbors kindness and generosity is often overwhelming and I am so thankful for almost all of them..

Well today is full of promise for us all! Take care everyone!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

I have my pink Polo shirt on and the underwear that were washed with the red shirt so I'm covered at both ends.

Judy: I hope all goes well today and you're home and well medicated by tonight.

James: The same thoughts to you. My best to you today.

Beenie: Can I be one of your kids? I want to go to the magic show and the steakhouse.

Today will be a "decompress day". Nothing on the agenda, though there is plenty to do, but we are just going to vegetate and catch up on the recorded programs we missed while we were gone.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Mike you betcha! Can you be here by 4:30?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning Wakeup

Good morning from Southern California and also from the big, fluffly black and white cat who just wandered into my back yard.

I am thinking of James who is having surgery also this morning.

Yesterday, the clinic cancelled Keith's eye surgery and rescheduled for the third time. Now it's December 17 at 6 a.m., a very inconvenient date and time, since I will be in chemo. There are no dates sooner and no other doctor to do the surgery. :evil:

Thank, you thank you, everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. I am to be at the hospital at 10 a.m. Prior to that, I get to watch Keith drink coffee and eat breakfast, none which I can have.

Judy
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, from the low 60's, Virginia Beach. Since the gym was closed because of Simchas Torah, I wrapped birthday gifts for my grandson, Jeremy, and my son-in-law, Andy and then did a little cooking. I am getting everything ready to leave for Maryland on Friday. Rob and I will be attending a tailgate party on Saturday at the University of Maryland, with both sets of grown kids. Sunday afternoon is Jeremy's fourth birthday party. Kuki, our thoughts are with you concerning your mother's health. Your parents are fortunate that you live nearby. I volunteer in the Berger-Goldrich Nursing Home and I see so many residents that have no family or friends to visit them; they are more than happy to see a volunteer just say, "hello". May all of my fellow cruisemates have a great Wednesday!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Kuki, Good thoughts andprayers for you and your parents on the way.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Been to the dentist and got my teeth all polished and gleaming. :-)

Judy, I've got my pink on, and you have been in my thoughts and prayers all morning.

RD, prayers going out for James that he will have a very easy recovery, and find himself relieved of the pain that gall stones create.

Kuki, sorry to hear about your mom. That must be hard to not be with her in the emergency room. Hope it turns out to be something minor. My heart goes out to you.

Mike, glad to hear that you are doing all right. It was so nice yesterday to read your post, and hear that you were well taken care of at the airport the other day. Take it easy.

Take care everyone. Prayers going out for all of you.

Phyll