Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Saturday Morning Yawn!!

Hi Kids,
I have really been out of it for the past several days.....In bed, flat, trying to get rid of this bout of back pain, which just won't go away. I am still crooked, but I hope it's gone..I start off the day better than I end it, and today I must head to work.

I feel like I have missed so much...Kuki, prayers heading across the border, for your Mom, and Dad...James I hope you rest today, read a good book,..I have gone through several! Judy, I am glad the hospital is behind you. I thought of you often. Bgs..welcome to the family!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Top 'o the mornin' to all my Mates. Tomorrow,,tomorrow, (to be sung to the tune of "Tomorow",,,,hmmmm imagine that?). Anyway, we board the beautiful Carnival "Legend" tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to pack sometime today. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) has come down with a cold, so she is staying in bed all day today to try and get rid of as much of it as possible before boarding. Work has been "goofy" lately,so I'm ready for a week of no pager, no phone, and watching the pretty ladies at pool side. (Don't tell Vita) My brother and his wife are here and will be sailing with us, so it will be a great cruise.

Later,

Ken
"SKY"
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Captain

Good Morning Y'all

Well it looks as if fall has finally reached us here in the deep south, however in 114 days we will be headed for the soothing warm waters of the caribbean.

You all have a great weekend.

Irish 8)

Trip - Glad to see you back, hopefully you be up and around as normal
BGS - welcome to the boards, you will love it here
James and Judy - Take care and many blessings to you and all that need comfort.
RD - With the weekend comes a break form the Lice patrol

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure he must be knowing.
The earth has angels all too few.
And heaven is overflowing.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Admiral

The day started early with Lillie needing to go out earlier than usual. She promptly went back to sleep, I was then awake.

Had a good day yeserday. Took my mother and sister shopping and then for lunch. It was a nice day and the weather was wondrful, bright and sunny. They promise a rain filled week ahead.Yuck.

My sister asked me why I was not planning any trips this winter. She knows I always go and she likes looking after my dogs when we go. I said simply "because I am not". My mother chimmed in, "I know exactly why you wont leave and I dont like it and you guys should go". I didnt even bother to debate it with her, it'simply not happening. I will never forgive myself if something happens while I am gone, I have my life ahead of me, she does not. Sam completely agrees and DS even more so.

DS is doing great. He loves life at McGill. He works at two part time jobs, and has alot of school work as well.Some nice new friends, and you can see they will be friendships that lasts forever. He is well finding his way in he world which bring me a great deal of joy, also my mother. She is so incredibly happy and proud.

I have a gift certificate to buy today, and one to spend that as given to me. Spending should be no problem!

Worked on some mail merges last night, glad they are done. A few more to do as well.

Have a great day every one. Trip, sure hope you are feeling better soon and that evry one going through a hard time is feeling beter as well.
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. I'm off to help my BF finish up and apartment he is getting ready for someone to move in next week. Maybe he will even pay me!! It beats sitting around the house all day while he works. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............it's cool, dark & raining.....wasn't suppose to rain...oh well..........

Judy........you & Keith are in our thougths & prayers......

Trip.........take it easy......no fun when the back hurts........

Off to see if my favorite shoe store still has any of my shoes before it closes for chapter 11 ( Shoe Pavillion )

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I have had no sleep, and have been at the hospital emergency room since 5am with James.
He had a very bad night, couldn't sleep with the pain, and couldn't take it any more by 4:30am so off we went to the ER.
5 hours later he is still there, and has not seen a doctor! He sent me home for some breakfast and I will go back and check on him a little later.
Strangely enough, he's in the same bed I was in just a few short weeks ago!

Meanwhile, it is an absolutely miserable fall day; heavy rain, high winds, and cold! Good day to stay inside with a good book!

Trip, glad to see you posting this morning. I think I know the pain you've been going through, and you have my complete sympathy!

Judy, hope you're hanging in there too and have no surgical complications.
Rest up, and know we are thinking of you!

Irish, yes a break from lice patrol. I couldn't believe it, but one of our teachers actually shaved her head bald after being sent home for the 3rd time with lice! She was so discouraged and upset, she took desperate measures. Now she has a cold head for the winter!

donna
Old October 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
First Mate

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear of James's problems. Pain is miserable and hope he gets to come home soon. Please give him my regards.
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning Yawn

A late good morning from Southern California.

Trip, I am sorry to hear about your back problems and hope you are getting better. I received the goodie box yesterday. Thanks so much! Will give you a call.

RD, I am also sorry to hear about the complications that James suffers. I hope by now he has seen a doctor.

Ken, I hope Vita licks the cold before it spoils her cruise.

There are some things that could make me feel better: The surgeon says I must keep the drains in til at least Thursday. Second, I have a sore throat and a "stretched" uvula from tubes used during the surgery. I choke on the uvula. If these two problems would be taken care of, my sense of well being would be improved at least a little. I am taking an antibiotic as a precaution because the doctor thought there was some redness around a part of the incision. I hope I can start taking regular showers next week, too. The surgeon also said that the tumor was larger than they thought it would be; 3 cmm (about an inch).

Judy
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:00 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Mates,
So sorry to hear about your back Trip. RD I hope that your husband gets treated by a doctor soon. Waiting in pain in an ER can't be too pleasant. Judy...I am sorry to hear about the pain you are going through.
Hopefully the post surgery stuff will subside soon. I went with my husband to winterize a few lawn sprinkler systems. He has retired from his business, but continues to do a few just for family and friends. It is a
beautiful fall day here. The air is cool, but the sun is shinning. To those of you about to embark on travels...have a wonderful time. We hope you share a cruise report and photos when you return.

jojo