CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Haunted Cabin (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/357739-haunted-cabin.html)

Snoozeman October 27th, 2008 08:24 PM

Haunted Cabin

Has anyone ever had an experience with a 'haunted' cabin? Or any paranormal experience?

I believe I saw a thread at one time that mentioned this and of course paid no attention to it at all other than just a glance as I don't really believe it that sort of thing. Now I'm not so sure and I'm curious.

beenie weenie October 27th, 2008 08:40 PM

Never have had that sort of experience on a ship, but I have stayed in a few haunted mansions...that was fun.

Trip October 27th, 2008 09:23 PM

Several years ago, there were pictures taken on the Majesty of the Seas, purporting a haunting...I googled, and found, from a website, archived posts, dated 1004...could not find the pictures. BOO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm about to cruise on Explorer of the Seas on May 16th, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with what I am assuming is a joke being played on me by a friend. A veteran cruiser friend of mine told me that one of the RCCL ships has a "haunted cabin" (from a worker that was killed in an accident while the ship was being built) and she thinks it is the ship I am cruising on. Has anyone heard anything about this, or is this a joke that is typically played on newbie cruisers to get them to look foolish asking the ship staff about it? In case you're wondering, I'm what I describe as a "skeptical believer" in ghosts - I believe in the possibility, but seek proof, so anything like that is of real interest to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's absolutely true, and nothing to laugh about.
I was reading another post and found out that the ghost was not that of a worker, but of someone who had once tried to fish from the cuise ship, and when his line was caught up in the massive whirling propellor, was whipped off the balcony, dragged under the ship, and ripped apart mercilessly.Sorry to be so graphic but it still brings chills to me this day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike M October 27th, 2008 11:22 PM

There was once:

It was the last morning of our cruise and a force that I couldn't control made me open the cabin door. When I opened the door there was something so horrible that it frightened me more than I have ever been frightened in my life. It was.....................................

THE FINAL BILL!!!!!!!

Very scary,
Mike

Snoozeman October 27th, 2008 11:56 PM

Mike--funny that's happened to me too. :-?

Thanks Trip, good google-ing (if that's a word), but that's not it. My TRUE story:

On my recent review I mentioned that I went to dinner solo one night as DW was not feeling well. When I returned to the cabin DW asked if I had come back to the cabin for anything. I hadn't. She said, "Someone touched me on the leg and woke me up". I just blew it off.

Well on Saturday night DW attended a séance with two other females (my nephews wife & her friend Donna (not her real name)) in Oklahoma City. (BTW-these people don't even know we cruise). Well some how during the evening it was asked if anyone was on a cruise recently and if anything unusual happened. DW said yes, and related the touch. The person named the ship and asked if she was anywhere near cabin 2463. Well guess what? Yes that's the ship and we were in cabin 2465. :shock: Then guess what? Donna said "my aunt Tina died on the Conquest two years ago". :shock: Well I guess they were communicating with the spirit of Tina. DW, who is not shy, asked why she touched her on the ship and Tina said she was just comforting her. Some conversation between Donna & Tina followed. There was more amazing detail, but I'll wait until DW gets home and I hear the rest of it.

Amazing

Lisa October 28th, 2008 02:17 AM

I read on another cruise bb (initials CC) that there is/are a couple of haunted cabins on the QE2. And we all know that there are plenty of ghost storys on board the original Queen Mary in Long Beach. But other than the QE2, I have not heard any ghost stories on any current ships sailing, although it would not surprise me.

I have worked in various nursing homes since 1980 - and it truly makes you a believer in the paranormal - especially if you work second or third shift!

Donna October 28th, 2008 10:23 AM

Once in awhile we get one of those creaky cabins, but nothing haunted :-)

DougR. October 28th, 2008 10:39 AM

I am a skeptic who is wavering. Too many strange things have happened in the past week since Marj's great aunt passed. While cleaning her apartment out things kept disappearing then reappearing in places that had been already emptied. My wife had placed the valuable jewelry in a box and placed it in the bag we were taking home. When we got home it wasn't there. Two of her cousins and I had witnessed her place it there. Two days later said box was found in a kitchen drawer that had been cleaned the day before. A missing key was found sitting in the middle of a table. Somthing slammed a door while my wife was in the bathroom. We did not close it all the way becuase it was defective and needed repair.

My wife had several ghosts in an old house she lived in prior to our marriage. I need more proof.

Snoozeman October 28th, 2008 10:59 AM

Creepy, isn't it. Spoke with DW on the phone. She took notes as soon as possible and she got the date from Donna. It seems we were on the Rhapsody sailing with the Conquest when this happened. :shock: I even mention in an old review how I was on the aft balcony of the RH when I observed the Conquest make an emergency maneuver. This was the event. :shock:

Amazing.

katlady October 28th, 2008 10:59 AM

I never saw a ghost on a cruise. But I did in the house I lived in Discovery Bay. My dog Maggie felt it first and ran into the dining room. I followed her and saw a flash of a shadow that disappeared quickly. The impression I had was of an elderly woman, she wasn't scary are threatening. I only saw and felt her the one time.

bahamamomma October 28th, 2008 12:58 PM

In 1967 my folks bought a house in a new housing addition in our hometown. This housing addition was built over land that once was the site of a sanitarium. After we lived in the house for a few months, especially on weekends, my mom would tell me to turn the tv off or lower the volume - after not getting any response she would come to my room and I'm sound asleep! it wasn't me who had turned on the tv! And then on Sunday afternoons there would be chamber music in the living room of our house - and then every now and then you'd feel a breeze as though someone was walking past you - so I guess you could say I'm a believer!

thecruisequeen October 28th, 2008 02:53 PM

Never had a haunted cabin before. :-? I guess it would depend on who the Ghost (spirit) is in your cabin! :) :) 8)

fllady October 28th, 2008 05:08 PM

OK, this is my story, my Mom has passed a few years ago, and I never dream of her, but twice it has happened, I dream of her and the next day, when I am sitting in my living room chair,(onkly in this one place) I smell her perfume. Its Chantilly, which has its own scent, so I know its her. But these things never bothered me because my Mother and her dear sisters all believed. My favorite aunt comes back to help me out a couple of times to soothe me. Its kind of comforting. No I am not a nut case, although Ellis says sometimes....... :wink:

Luanne Russo October 28th, 2008 10:01 PM

We had a ghost in our house when I was a teenager. Nothing scary.

I did the research after our neighbor told us about a man being killed there. He was home from Vietnam and wanted to surprise his wife and family.

They woke up scared, shot him through the door, and he died on the front porch.

He would come back from time to time, and check on my brother and I.

I always wondered if he thought we were his kids.

susierphillips October 29th, 2008 10:07 AM

Never on a ship but I lived with a ghost in my last house for over 20 years. He was extraordinarily active when we moved in, for about 6 months, and then again when we moved out. My mother-in-law suggested an exorcism, I kid you not. The ghost was that strong. You could hear footsteps on the stairs all the time and so forth. I had a babysitter who would never come back after one evening! :shock:

DayvidB October 31st, 2008 07:55 PM

True story

A couple of times on ship I have dressed in my tux, black tie and looked in the mirror to see this old person looking back at me.

That was scary